PDA

View Full Version : Age Limit waiver - how to get?

LORD
06-23-10, 06:14 PM
Hi guys!
First - English is not my native language, so I'm very sorry for probably mistakes in my post.
Marine corps is my dream!
I'm russian, 30 years old, russian military bachelor degree, good shape, just english still not so perfect.
I came 1 month ago to NY and in all recruiting centers, when recruiters hear about my age, they just say sorry man, you're not eligible.
So my question:
May be it's depend from state? May be I can get waiver anywhere in another state?
Thanks a lot!!!

Zulu 36
06-23-10, 07:55 PM
Going to another state won't help you at all. All Marine Recruiters have to follow the same regulations. The Marine Corps is full and has cut recruiting back. They are granting very few waivers for only minor things and age waivers are not one of them.

Sorry. You can try the Army, they have different age rules.

Capital M
06-23-10, 10:57 PM
Sorry. You can try the Army, they have different age rules.

Saw a motivated grandpa at the chow hall today, Sgt. He was a PFC and looked like he was twice the age of another recruit, or whatever they call them. Amusing

Sgt Leprechaun
06-26-10, 12:15 AM
Unlikely you'll get an active duty waiver. You *may* get a reservist waiver. However, if you do not yet have a right to work permit, (aka a 'green card'), you'll need one of those, and that's another waiver as well.

In short, your chances are very, very slim.

LORD
06-26-10, 04:49 PM
Unlikely you'll get an active duty waiver. You *may* get a reservist waiver. However, if you do not yet have a right to work permit, (aka a 'green card'), you'll need one of those, and that's another waiver as well.

In short, your chances are very, very slim.

Thanks a LOT guys for responds, but I have Green card.
You know, it's seems that my dreams is crushing down... because I'm not an weekend warrior... That's why I did want join Marines.
God bless You guys!!!

Sgt Leprechaun
06-26-10, 08:25 PM
Glad to see you have the GC.

But the age waiver is unlikely for active duty.

tdrt
06-26-10, 08:29 PM
BUT still...there may be a slight chance...we don't know