PDA

View Full Version : Marines Vs Airforce? for real...?

Jordan2108
06-23-10, 04:32 AM
So my girlfriend's dad doesn't want her to be with me because hes ex Air Force served 20 years and i am enlisting in the Marines. Do the Marines and Air Force really hate each other that much? No way in hell I would allow a girl to stand between me and the Marine Corps though...ill dump her before I dump the Marines. I was just curious if they really hate each other that much that he would be that big of a douche bag. I know the Army and the Marines don't get along.

Ceckert85
06-23-10, 07:21 AM
how old are you there poolee?

Lisa 23
06-23-10, 07:27 AM
how old are you there poolee?

He's not even a poolee yet.

And just because your girlfriends father served in the Air Force, it doesn't make him a douche bag because he doesn't want his daughter dating somone who wants to join the Marine Corps. To me, that was a bit uncalled for.

Phantom Blooper
06-23-10, 07:29 AM
Between the different branches of the military services there can be potential sibling rivarlry.... <br />
<br />
We are one big happy...estranged family....that everyone has to do their part to make sure that...

Old Marine
06-23-10, 09:22 AM
Hey Sonny Boy:

When push comes to shove we are all on the same team and all bleed American Red.

thewookie
06-23-10, 09:31 AM
I know the Army and the Marines don't get along.

How?

How do you know this?

Did you read that, or were you told that?

echo3oscar1833
06-23-10, 11:06 AM
Blah, Blah, Blah, I don't think your in any position to question a person who gave over 20 years of his life to this country. If he dosn't want you to date his daughter thats his prerogative not yours. You have no clue, or can even begin to comprehend what military life can do to a relationship, especially a long distant one. This man does, and so do many of us around here, that is why he is telling her no. Wise up and see it for what it is, not what you want it to be. Your imagination that this has something to do with the Marines vs Air Force is totally mythical in your mind.

Lynn2
06-23-10, 12:18 PM
If the father really feels this way I am pretty darn sure it has a lot more to do with you and his daughter than it does with the Marine Corps.

Ceckert85
06-23-10, 01:49 PM
You need to focus on yourself and not on what her father wants. But you should not disrespect someone who dedicated that many years to the Armed Forces. You are not even a poolee yet, and here you are talkin smack.Oh you will learn some respect, or that ass is gonna be quaterdecked all day everyday. You will get yours.

baby gorilla
06-23-10, 02:56 PM
There is a huge difference between a Marine and a 17 year old kid saying he wants to be a Marine. I think its you buddy, the old man doesnt like you.

Rocky C
06-23-10, 03:55 PM
There is a huge difference between a Marine and a 17 year old kid saying he wants to be a Marine. I think its you buddy, the old man doesnt like you.

:thumbup: There it is.
Might be the Hat in the Profile Picture :evilgrin:
and get a Haircut too.

Zulu 36
06-23-10, 04:28 PM
One thing about the Air Force you got to admire: They're the only branch that mostly sends officers out to die.

Jordan2108
06-23-10, 07:22 PM
Phantom...Yes he liked me before he knew I was enlisting. Also I invited him to go shoot skeet with me so I could talk to him about it. But he didn't say yes or no.

Thewookie...I know the Marines and Army don't get along because my Uncle is a Chief Warrant Officer 4 in the Army and he talks so much crap about me joining the Marines. Also one of my buddies served 2 tours in Iraq and he told me everytime they did a joint mission with the Army the Army would always get in there way and mess it up.

Rhode Island...Already got a haircut, that would be an old picture.

And to everyone saying he has a problem with me not the fact that im joining the Marines. Then why did he like me before he found out im enlisting?

Also I am respectful until I am disrespected. Which im sure is the same way all of you are.

thewookie
06-23-10, 09:09 PM
because my Uncle is .....

....and he told me

Good luck.

:usmc:

AkOrN
06-23-10, 09:21 PM
Your girl will leave you anyways once you deploy. go single kid. You have an adventure in your future. Dont focus on a girl... Focus on your career your to young to worry about some gals father not liking you or the corps. No seriously go single and get onto a MEU... for real... single... single...

Jordan2108
06-23-10, 09:28 PM
AkOrn, yes im expecting that but we will see. Don't think many girls would stay loyal to their man when hes gone for months at a time.

AkOrN
06-23-10, 09:31 PM
I'm just pulling your leg. You need to sit her down and explain you will be gone for months at a time. See how she does with you being gone to boot camp before you make a dessision. But remember you might get stationed on the other side of the USA.

fireandice
06-24-10, 08:29 PM
Isn't that the truth... Before Bootcamp I lived in Florida, next thing you know I get stationed in Hawaii..Stuff happens..But like AKORN said just talk to her about it.

TunTvrnWarrior
06-24-10, 08:50 PM
No way in hell I would allow a girl to stand between me and the Marine Corps though...ill dump her before I dump the Marines. I was just curious if they really hate each other that much that he would be that big of a douche bag.

You are obviously not serious about the girl. Honestly, with your attitude toward her and her father.... If I was him, you would have to have a combat boot surgically removed from your rear aperature, because your brain housing group is located south on the north side.

Warcrazy
06-24-10, 09:11 PM
No way in hell I would allow a girl to stand between me and the Marine Corps though...ill dump her before I dump the Marines.
Looks like her father saw something coming.

thezero
06-24-10, 10:33 PM
Change your attitude, theres a difference between inter service members busting each others balls and hating each other. You may not like how another branch does something but sounds like a lot of this is childish and you need to grow some cajones, and if the father doesn't like the idea then he is looking out for his daughter who he probably doesn't want to be hurt or screwed over. Gotta look at the big picture

RAPARMER
06-25-10, 12:28 PM
You can talk to her but things will change in the peiod of time you will be gone. OL'Jody will come along and comfort her while you're gone.And as far as the branches not getting along is this ........ we are trained to fight (in different ways) so if there is no fighting to be done we do it amongst our selves for intertainment. I have specific friend in the Air force that i would cover his back in a minute. I call him a ZOOMY and he calls me a JARHEAD but I will be D***ed if we let any young CIVILIAN join in the name calling!

RPSmith
06-25-10, 01:07 PM
Being gone for months at a time while on training/deployments will crush even the strongest marriages...So to think that this young teenage relationship will be able to withstand the pressure is a bit crazy.

Her father, being in the military for 20 years, understands this. You may be a good kid, but he's only trying to protect his daughter.

SGTBrentG
06-25-10, 05:15 PM
Air Force sucks dude. One of my childhood friends is an E8 in the Air Force and getting ready to report to a NATO assignment in UK. Another childhood friend is in the Army and getting ready to pin on his bird. I emceed his promotion ceremony to LtCol. But they aren't REAL men. Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? All the services bust each others balls, but they all have a job to do. YOU don't rate to bust anybodys balls at this point. You need to show some respect for your girlfriends dad. He did his time and did his job. And I think your uncle is probably busting your balls too. I agree that the girlfriends dad already had an issue with you and now has an excuse to write you off to his little girl. Take the advice given and respectfully approach him and see if you can fix your differences. By the way....in case you can't figure it out, I don't really think the AF sucks and I really don't think that my friends are not REAL men!

RAPARMER
06-25-10, 07:24 PM
Air Force sucks dude. One of my childhood friends is an E8 in the Air Force and getting ready to report to a NATO assignment in UK. Another childhood friend is in the Army and getting ready to pin on his bird. I emceed his promotion ceremony to LtCol. But they aren't REAL men. Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? All the services bust each others balls, but they all have a job to do. YOU don't rate to bust anybodys balls at this point. You need to show some respect for your girlfriends dad. He did his time and did his job. And I think your uncle is probably busting your balls too. I agree that the girlfriends dad already had an issue with you and now has an excuse to write you off to his little girl. Take the advice given and respectfully approach him and see if you can fix your differences. By the way....in case you can't figure it out, I don't really think the AF sucks and I really don't think that my friends are not REAL men!

I agree SGT. a prime example of fighting each other till we need to get a job done!

Zulu 36
06-25-10, 07:41 PM

I agree SgtB. I've been closely exposed to all of the branches of service, including the Coast Guard. I served in the Corps and Air Force. Every branch has it's top notch, really hard-core warriors. I've been fortunate to know some of them: Air Force PJs and Combat Controllers, Army Green Beanies and Delta operators, Navy SEALS - including Team Six/DevGru operators, Coast Guard rescue swimmers and surf rescuemen, and, of course, Marine Force Recon.

I once had the honor of meeting and drinking a few beers with SFC Randy Shughart, one of the Delta Force snipers who were later awarded the CMH at the Battle of Mogadishu. I was not surprised to learn what he did. He just radiated that kind of capability.

Phantom Blooper
06-27-10, 04:47 PM
Ain't you just something?

Who the hell you calling motards?

Maybe since you are acting like Dr. Phil....you can go help him straighten it out with the girls father....up in Alaska....then you can chill the fuk out!:evilgrin:

Old Marine
06-27-10, 04:58 PM
You are calling Marines on this thread motards. You can't be serious. You claim to have been in the Corps for 3 years now and still a PRIVATE. I guess losers stick together like glue.:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
06-27-10, 05:33 PM
Yeah...

And his posting was just fine until he called the man a douche bag.....

And your post was just fine until you called Marines on this site motard.

So where exactly is the bashing?

I stay motivated and spent 16 years and was medically retired.....I also have been out for more than 20 years with full benifits.....

The only problems that I have in civilian life is answering questions like this from young Marines and civilian/poolees/friends that think that they know everything there is to know on life and the Marine Corps after they are the ones that ask for advice...... and disrespectful civilians and Marines!

Have a great rest of your day and stay motoxivated!:evilgrin:

Warcrazy
06-27-10, 05:50 PM
Un****ingbelievable.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-27-10, 05:54 PM
Annnnnnd....one troll extracted forever via Black Helicopter. Go play elsewhere. Thanks for playing the "Imadoofus" game. Guess it wasn't so easy after all, huh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Warcrazy
06-27-10, 06:14 PM
Nice work, Sergeant!

SGT7477
06-27-10, 06:28 PM
So my girlfriend's dad doesn't want her to be with me because hes ex Air Force served 20 years and i am enlisting in the Marines. Do the Marines and Air Force really hate each other that much? No way in hell I would allow a girl to stand between me and the Marine Corps though...ill dump her before I dump the Marines. I was just curious if they really hate each other that much that he would be that big of a douche bag. I know the Army and the Marines don't get along.
Marines were banned from the Air Force base on Okinawa for a time when I was there.:evilgrin:

Jordan2108
06-27-10, 06:49 PM
Sgt Leprechaun (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=34158) you should delete/close this thread. I got my answer sir and its getting outta hand now.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-27-10, 06:54 PM
LOL. At your request, done. Coulda been worse, kid. No worries.