PDA

View Full Version : On the parade deck

Freshman
06-21-10, 03:40 AM
Hello, Marines.
We were out at dinner, and the Marines came up. My step-dad Andrew "Marry Me" Meyer haha who served for eight years told my on the fence mother , " when you see your son graduate you will never be more proud of him." I was just curious what is it like you're graduating on the parade deck? Thank you, for your time Marines.

tylerrose
06-21-10, 08:59 AM
Think of your proudest moment in your life. Multiply that by 3. Stay motivated, it's well worth it.

Freshman
06-21-10, 04:56 PM
Thank you, Marine.

Lisa 23
06-21-10, 04:58 PM
Some things in life are hard to describe.....you just have to experience it for yourself.

josephd
06-21-10, 05:57 PM
Graduation on the parade deck where thousands of Marines have graduated before is an awesome feeling. The only thing better for me was the morning after the crucible when you actually receive your eagle, globe, and anchor. You feel like you can take on the world and then some at that point.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-21-10, 06:51 PM
You march across the grinder and begin to MAKE history, not read it.

'Nuff said.

Marine84
06-21-10, 08:53 PM
You march across the grinder and begin to MAKE history, not read it.

'Nuff said.

OOH-FREAKIN'-RAH!

Capital M
06-21-10, 10:45 PM
Your standing in the heat with a barracks cover thats giving you a migraine. You're thinking to yourself would this band freakin hurry up so I can get the hell out of the sun. But it's the greatest moment of your life

dizark
06-22-10, 01:32 PM
I spent 4.5 months there at boot camp. 6 weeks extra due to an injury to my foot. You will be on the parade deck doing drill and actual drill contests and what not. I was even there while I was in MRP chalking out stuff for the upcoming graduating company. It motivated me but also demotivated me because I thought I'd never make it to that point.

When the time came, I remember practicing on a Wednesday afternoon and knew my dad, wife, and daughter were coming in but never told them they could come on base until the next day. So, there I am practicing for graduation, when I see them walk up by the bleachers and are watching. I wanted to break down because it was a great moment.

Anyways, we almost didn't get to graduate on the parade deck because the weather kept being rainy most of the week, but we got lucky and graduated outside. It is truly one of the most amazing times and experiences in your life. The Eagle, Globe, and Anchor ceremony was something to remember to, especially for me being there so long.

Best of luck to you

eazyrider
06-22-10, 09:20 PM
The best feeling I have ever felt, nuff said.

echo3oscar1833
06-22-10, 10:11 PM
Yep best feeling I ever had, second was getting married, third was getting divorced :D

Warcrazy
06-22-10, 11:51 PM
Your standing in the heat with a barracks cover thats giving you a migraine. You're thinking to yourself would this band freakin hurry up so I can get the hell out of the sun. But it's the greatest moment of your life
Not to mention your feet are on fire because the damn dress shoes heat up so easy.

Freshman
06-23-10, 12:45 AM
Thank you Marines these post gave me more motivation than usual. I would not like to waste another thread so this will be off-topic. I'm 15 am I to young to PT with the DEP Poolees

Warcrazy
06-23-10, 04:01 PM
Thank you Marines these post gave me more motivation than usual. I would not like to waste another thread so this will be off-topic. I'm 15 am I to young to PT with the DEP Poolees
Hell no PT your ass off. Get into the swing of PT while you're young. Not to mention they'll feel like **** if a 15 year old can out PT them and will cause them to push harder. DEP is designed for those who can't join the Marine Corps just yet.