PDA

View Full Version : do iget a sword in basic training

SEMPRI USMC HUA
06-18-10, 11:56 AM
I saw teh commercial were the dude climbs the mountain and then you see him with a relly cool sword. When do i get one? I go to basic in novebmer. My recruiter sed that I have to go 'open contract' cuz i only got a 37 on the ASSVAB wut does that mean? Also if i are a cook or something will i still get a gun/sword? I really want a go to afanistan and kill a whole bunch of terrirists, when will i get to go, can i go straigh out of basic or do i need to wait? thanks for all the help OOORAH!

echo3oscar1833
06-18-10, 12:06 PM
This is to stupid to be real

SEMPRI USMC HUA
06-18-10, 12:11 PM
Why are you so mean, I just want to know if ill get to use the sword in the commershal and when i can kill someone.

echo3oscar1833
06-18-10, 12:13 PM
Whatever float in your retarted bubble, I'm going to the store, and pick up a can of dip. Good luck in life, sounds like your a grade A winner there killer. :D

06-18-10, 12:13 PM
Oh, stop it.

SEMPRI USMC HUA
06-18-10, 12:15 PM
Whatever float in your retarted bubble, I'm going to the store, and pick up a can of dip. Good luck in life, sounds like your a grade A winner there killer. :D

Thanks killer! So I ride a boat there? That sounds really cool.

firedog974
06-18-10, 12:15 PM

Agreed

SEMPRI USMC HUA
06-18-10, 12:22 PM

I think you meant "Too" WMarine told me how improtant spelling is.

scootzmagootz
06-18-10, 12:27 PM
come on, give this guy a break, he's just asking some questions.

SEMPRI USMC HUA
06-18-10, 01:02 PM
So I talked to my recruiter and he said I don't get a sword until I get Corporal rank.
:( Anyway he laughed at me when I asked about the gun. So do i get a gun or not if I become a cook? I really want to be a sniper but I haven't been told what MOS im getting yet.

FPM
06-18-10, 01:29 PM
This can't be real, I'll bet it's ACHPED

Lisa 23
06-18-10, 02:20 PM
Whoever the hell this person is, I think the black helos will be coming in for an extraction.

Lynn2
06-18-10, 02:29 PM
This Marine and his many screen names is actually a pretty funny guy.

And I like guys who are funny posters

Lisa 23
06-18-10, 02:35 PM
The original poster is not no Marine. I think it's just some wannabe messing with us.

Lynn2
06-18-10, 03:09 PM
I have a whole $1 that says I know who this Marine is.

Now I "could" be wrong. But I doubt it.

LandsNGrooves
06-18-10, 04:17 PM
Dude, you could just buy the sword. 47 bucks plus shipping.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KQ5ENG/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?ie=UTF8&cloe_id=7760829d-6916-41c2-a303-a5b7db1b22f8&attrMsgId=LPWidget-A1&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001I2SYXY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0ZNMYY199HTRMHNWBZ35

firedog974
06-18-10, 04:26 PM
So I talked to my recruiter and he said I don't get a sword until I get Corporal rank.
:( Anyway he laughed at me when I asked about the gun. So do i get a gun or not if I become a cook? I really want to be a sniper but I haven't been told what MOS im getting yet.

You can get a sword sooner, if you graduate PLT honorman in cook school. They usually award a sword for honor man, and a the coveted silver spoon award for the runner up. There are many cooks who are snipers and in recon units. After all, snipers and special forces guys have to eat....what do you think they cook their own food when deep behind enemy lines?????? Of course, I would not suggest going that route because you have to hump about 150 LBS of canned goods, steaks, and beer, plus your sniper rifle and ammo. You will have to be in really good shape to go the sniper/ cook route. Start working out NOW if you have any dreams of doing this. I would suggest 3-5 mile runs 3 times a week. You may want to pack a backpack full of your mom's pots and pans and do you runs with that. You need to train like you fight. Learn how to run while carrying apples and oranges, and learn how to open a can with a blindfold. The cook/ snipers have an old saying. "Just because bullets are flying, doesnt mean you should die hungry." Think about THAT!
Good luck!

LandsNGrooves
06-18-10, 04:43 PM
WIN ^^^^

But yeah, I always figured Delta and DevGru had high speed cooks.

hussaf
06-18-10, 04:58 PM
This is what we call a Troll in the internet community. Sure, Trolling can be funny but usually there are certain threads that its not allowed. Usually newbie threads/forums don't allow trolling b/c it can become confusing to those new to a particular website's system or b/c they might not get it/understand the sarcasm and take it for face value. My assessment is that no one smart enough to use a computer would post such blatantly obvious grammatical and spelling errors...people who get 37s on their ASVAB typical know they aren't very bright and probably wouldn't accidentally broadcast that score on a public forum.

The ever faithful; yet often unreliable, Wikipedia: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun “troll” can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in that was an excellent troll you posted. While the term troll and its associated action, trolling, are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with 'trolling' being used to describe many intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context.

Lynn2
06-18-10, 04:58 PM
I once cross swords with someone. Does that count?

KFH
06-18-10, 05:32 PM
I once cross swords with someone. Does that count?

Don't ask don't tell, Marine!

jinelson
06-18-10, 05:42 PM
Its great to have you back aboard Dom and point well taken.

Jim