PDA

View Full Version : i want to be a marine

tonysep2891
06-16-10, 05:46 PM
i want to be a :flag: and i want to know i have a ged and i know i cant join with bin wanting to join since the age of sixteen got out of school after my mother was in an accident so i had to get out just got my ged if i go to college can i join the corps wit any 15 credits

Rocky C
06-16-10, 05:50 PM
Where's Lisa ??? :)
I can't deal with this one right now..........

ritter
06-16-10, 05:50 PM
If you do go to college make sure you sign up for English 101. Nonetheless, search your question about 90% of everyone who posts questions on this board ask the same things.

CQB0316
06-16-10, 05:51 PM
Thanks kid, beautiful morning and you have to go and give me a headache.

Big Jim
06-16-10, 06:24 PM
LOL.....I did get a good chuckle out this one....thanks kid. But you DO need to research things yourself instead of coming here and asking for someone else to just GIVE you answers to your questions. Go get the answers yourself....that's what the Marine Corps is ALL about son....Marines help those that help themselves...!! We are NOT a charity organization here. I enjoy helping people and potential Marines but I don't give handouts. So start your researching THEN come back with some real questions after you put some work into what you want.

DanM
06-16-10, 07:06 PM
Standards are a little higher now than in the 60's and 70's, there were more than a few Marine recruits who could not read or write.

Quinbo
06-16-10, 07:14 PM
Nobody is that stooo pid. I think this one was invented to bait Lisa.

echo3oscar1833
06-16-10, 07:34 PM
Haha wow, Yut!!! :D

eazyrider
06-16-10, 07:35 PM
Do any of you ever get embarrassed for other people?

Lisa 23
06-16-10, 07:49 PM
Good golly, miss molly....what the h - e- double toothpicks is this all about?
I think you need to go back to school and take English class all over again.

Oh, and how about reading the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums, and filling out all of your profile.

echo3oscar1833
06-16-10, 10:08 PM
Do any of you ever get embarrassed for other people?

More than you will ever know haha :D

DanM
06-16-10, 10:22 PM
I find it very sad that Marines would act this way. It's a kick in the face of the thousands of illiterate Marines who have come before you.

Quinbo
06-16-10, 10:33 PM
I find it very sad that Marines would act this way. It's a kick in the face of the thousands of illiterate Marines who have come before you.

DanM are you taking up for someone who produced an obviously contrived profile designed to bait a member of these forums?

It is not possible to by pass every single rule here and not suffer a beat down.

You the school marm berateing us for telling a kid he has a zit on his nose?

echo3oscar1833
06-16-10, 10:37 PM

Yes but the difference is Marines are warriors, and have earned there place, and title. I could care less if a Marine can't spell, read, or write, why because he will have my back at the 10 yard line. As far as poolees, and wannabees go, well they should know how to. Why do I say this, because we live in a modern education system, where people are taught the basics of education. In todays society if you cant spell, read, or write, or have a high school diploma your not getting in the Corps. I respect the Marines of the past, and future. However like I said its a different world and education. No disrespect to you, its just the facts of todays Marine Corps :beer:

Sgt Leprechaun
06-16-10, 11:41 PM
And there you have it. We have site RULES for a reason. Just like the Marine Corps itself. You may not even agree with them all, but by god, you'll follow 'em. Now, there are certainly Marines who enlisted long before any sort of literacy requirement, and who've been successful both as Marines and in civvie life. They earned the title and therefore, get a 'pass' when it comes to grammar/writing. Quite frankly, there is NO way I'd be willing to correct an old "salt" when it comes to something like that.

However, in this day and age, there is ZERO excuse, in my opinion, for any kid in HS to not at least TRY to have proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Part of it is just laziness, part is the 'texting' generation. I really don't care, truth be told. Being a Marine nowadays is far more work in the 'brain housing group' area, due to the sheer complexity of the weapons, training manuals, PME, and so on. Those who cannot grasp simple concepts of English are going to have a difficult time of it for certain.