PDA

View Full Version : Christianity pure and simple

gkmoz
06-16-10, 12:03 PM
www.Christianitypureandsimple.org (http://www.Christianitypureandsimple.org)

jalopez101
04-08-11, 10:35 PM
Is this a good place to be placing pro Christianity material for future Marines? Not meaning to troll but I thought Inspirational Stories might have different subject matter related to being a marine.

gkmoz
04-09-11, 06:15 AM
Is this a good place to be placing pro Christianity material for future Marines? Not meaning to troll but I thought Inspirational Stories might have different subject matter related to being a marine.

As opposed to the nonsense of the FSM ? that is prevalent in today's society ? Who would you rather enter the Marines with Jesus or the flying spaghetti monster?
I do believe there are stories like that (war/fighting ) on this site, I believe the kind you assumed would be in this section ? Do a search and see if there are. S/F Moz USMC 68-70 :flag:
P.S. actually I am pro Jesus

jalopez101
04-09-11, 10:10 AM
Dave, the whole point I'm trying to make is that I clicked on the Inspirational Stories expecting to find something different such as stories on MOH recipients etc, not Christianity. Gkmoz, it doesn't matter to me what religion a Marine is so long as he's competent and can send rounds down range. I've known marines of all religians over the last five yrs and have to say the majority don't care about religian. There are stories on here about brave Marines, however it seems odd to have pro-Christian material in the same forum when I know SEVERAL marines who have done those acts are atheist, or not necessarily atheist but just don't care either way. Not to troll, as I will leave it at that and not contribute to this portion anymore.

V/R,
CPL. L

doc h fmf
04-10-11, 06:43 AM
I Believe That Everyone Is Entitled To Their Religous Believes As Long As They Dont Try To Force It On Anyone Else.

Semper Fi And Godbless

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

gkmoz
04-10-11, 07:18 AM
I Believe That Everyone Is Entitled To Their Religous Believes As Long As They Dont Try To Force It On Anyone Else.

Semper Fi And Godbless

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Not trying to be contrary here ! But in the way you say it ? Jesus would be guilty of "forcing" his beliefs on you ? correct?? if you had lived in his era ? jus sayin Moz

doc h fmf
04-10-11, 08:16 AM
SORRY I HOPE I DIDNT OFFEND ANYONE, WHAT I MEANT GARY WAS THE WAY JESUS PREACH W3AS DIFFRENT WHAT I MEANT WAS NO OFFENSE BUT SOME BAPTIST I KNEW THOUGHT THAT THEir religon was right and me being a catholic was wrong. always talking into being saved but i believe in confession that is what i meant gary.

SEMPER FI AND GODBLESS YOU BROTHER

stephen doc hansen hm3 FMF

gkmoz
04-10-11, 12:10 PM
SORRY I HOPE I DIDNT OFFEND ANYONE, WHAT I MEANT GARY WAS THE WAY JESUS PREACH W3AS DIFFRENT WHAT I MEANT WAS NO OFFENSE BUT SOME BAPTIST I KNEW THOUGHT THAT THEir religon was right and me being a catholic was wrong. always talking into being saved but i believe in confession that is what i meant gary.

SEMPER FI AND GODBLESS YOU BROTHER

stephen doc hansen hm3 FMF

Good to go Bro ! :thumbup: Moz :flag:

DanTheMan B
04-10-11, 01:28 PM
www.Christianitypureandsimple.org (http://www.Christianitypureandsimple.org)

I hate it when people try to push organized religion and force their beliefs down other people's throats. Last time I checked this was a website about the Marine Corps, not a website encouraging people to believe in an invisible Magical Sky Wizard man who supposedly makes miracles come true if you "pray" tp him.

Just another reason why I'm an Atheist.

~Dan

gkmoz
04-10-11, 03:56 PM
I hate it when people try to push organized religion and force their beliefs down other people's throats. Last time I checked this was a website about the Marine Corps, not a website encouraging people to believe in an invisible Magical Sky Wizard man who supposedly makes miracles come true if you "pray" tp him.

Just another reason why I'm an Atheist.

~Dan

See Dan, your showing your lack of knowledge on this subject.
Religion is one thing, but "Christianitypureandsimple" IS NOT A RELIGION !
It is how some one who would like to know about a relationship with the God of the universe may do so ! As opposed to your magical non existent sky wizard man who CANNOT under ANY circumstance do any THING PERIOD ! S/F young Bro ! You will know for sure some day ! hopefully before its to late ? God bless Gary / Moz USMC 68-70:flag:

gkmoz
04-10-11, 03:58 PM
Almost 11 months without a response, and poof ! 11 responses in two-three days ! :yes::yes:

HardJedi
04-12-11, 11:58 AM
Well, call Christianity a religion, a cult, mythology, whatever you like. Call it a philosophy of the saved. it all fits, and its all appropriate.

I personally believe in a personal relationship with god, that doesn't depend on the teachings of a book that has lost a lot in the editing.

BUT! remember this, and it's true of all theology: One man's theology, is another man's belly laugh".

Whatever. If it helps get you through the day, and makes you a better person, Believe in the Force, for all I care. Just don't tell me that I am wrong and you are right, with not one single shred of empirical evidence. tell me it's what you BELIEVE and I will respect and defend you. Tell me it is the one and only truth? Well, then the conversation ends.

PJones64
04-12-11, 02:39 PM
yeah, hardjedi, it's all in our heads. No empirical evidence? Where you been son? Plenty of it

HardJedi
04-12-11, 02:44 PM
really? list some for me please.

gkmoz
04-12-11, 03:13 PM
really? list some for me please.

Can't bring any "physical" evidence you can feel/see/touch in the normal sense.
But that is the key word physical "flesh" John chapter 3 Jesus explains it quite well.
Until some one experiences the "new Birth" it cannot be explained in the Physical/Flesh.
The very word "faith" is exactly that, and with out it the spiritual cannot be seen or understood. "Things hoped for but not yet seen " :thumbup: John 14:6

Artemis
04-12-11, 03:20 PM
I am very happy with the Church of the FSM.

gkmoz
04-12-11, 04:04 PM
I am very happy with the Church of the FSM.

done for you Nel ? :D

USNAviator
04-12-11, 04:10 PM
done for you Nel ? :D

Gary I think call themselves Pastafarians.........;)

Artemis
04-12-11, 04:14 PM
Commander you are correct.

Gary about as much as Jesus has ever done for me which is pretty much nothing.

Artemis
04-12-11, 04:20 PM
Dave he asked I answered. I will not debate my religious or political views but I just wanted to ruffle some feathers.

Artemis
04-12-11, 04:27 PM
I don't think you need evidence. Believe if you want to or not. It is a state of mind and a personal belief. More power to everyone regardless of affiliation. I won't judge people based on religious beliefs.

gkmoz
04-12-11, 04:41 PM
Dave he asked I answered. I will not debate my religious or political views but I just wanted to ruffle some feathers.

Like most of my hair they have fallen off too ! :D

Artemis
04-12-11, 04:46 PM
We could always try the old method or reapplying with tar.

gkmoz
04-12-11, 04:52 PM
We could always try the old method or reapplying with tar.

I'll pass on that method but thanx anyhow :p

Artemis
04-12-11, 05:04 PM
Hey just trying to help you out brother.

HardJedi
04-12-11, 06:20 PM
That's great, but I'm talking about post 17. I really could care less who believes and who doesn't.
People want evidence evidence evidence, and they say they've looked at it but they have not. So who is BSing who? LOL

really? I haven't looked at it? seriously? Well, you don't know me, and I don't know you, so I will tell you how much I haven't looked at.
I majored in theology for two years. I own, and read the major religious works of all religions on a constant basis. I read all those books, the ones written by supposed former atheists, who have now "found the light". even read that book by the kid who "died and went to heaven". I have read the works of jocephus, the nag hammadi scrolls, the gnostic gospels, all the works of st. augustine, and even a few books on paganism, witchcraft, and the satanic bible.

But you are right about one thing. Faith is what counts. I simply have no faith in the religions of and created by man. I prefer to go to the source. I have GREAT faith in God.

I also stated, that if something works for you, and it helps you through the day, then I never have and never will have a problem with it.

The only thing I have ever had a problem with is someone claiming that THEIR way is the one and only truth. If thats what they BELIEVE, then fine, but they don't KNOW that, any more than I KNOW that MY way is the truth.

I don't know it. It just feels right to me. Just as your way feels right to you.

Best of luck to us both, cause I seriously doubt either of us deserves to spend eternity in hell! lol:yes:

Mongoose
04-12-11, 06:22 PM
When I became a Marine. It was God, Country, and Corps. What happened to change that? I heard many Marines cry out when they were wounded. While they lay there, thinking they might die. Ive heard a lot of name calling. Mama, their wife, but mostly it was God. I know there is a lot of tough ass, hard Corps. Marines around here. But when your all shot up, or blown up, with your guts hanging out. Your gonna cry out for something. I did it, Fistfu did it ,Caption Kirk did it, we all did it. Why do you do it ? Mostly because your afraid of dying. I called out to God, because I thought I was fixing to meet him. We are all going to die, one way or the other. Where we have it on you is when we are drawing our last breath, we wont panic. We know where we are going. Where are you going Marine?

HardJedi
04-12-11, 06:26 PM
me? i am going the same place as everyone else. All paths lead to God. As for dying? never have been afraid of it. never will be. not saying that to seem tough. I am not now, nor have I ever thought of myself as tough. I simply came to terms with the fact that I would die about 25 years ago. now PAIN! Pain scares the crap out of me, but death is nothing to fear, since we all have to do it

Mongoose
04-12-11, 06:35 PM
me? i am going the same place as everyone else. All paths lead to God. As for dying? never have been afraid of it. never will be. not saying that to seem tough. I am not now, nor have I ever thought of myself as tough. I simply came to terms with the fact that I would die about 25 years ago. now PAIN! Pain scares the crap out of me, but death is nothing to fear, since we all have to do it
Michael, I wasnt referring to you. Im asking those who beleive there is no God.

HardJedi
04-12-11, 07:58 PM
gotcha. my bad. lol

YourPhoneIsMine
04-14-11, 02:20 AM

there are many atheists in foxholes, bro

some people cry out for god because social conditioning has taught them, not because they believe in it. more importantly, you believe you know where you're going. if that's good enough for you then cool, but no one knows if we're going anywhere at all after death or if we simply cease to exist. right now there's no real evidence - and I'm talking actual empirical data, not passages from the bible - to suggest anything but the latter

DanTheMan B
04-14-11, 02:43 AM

I am an Atheist. There is no God in Heaven, not for me. I believe I'm going for a very long and very well earned nap when I die. Maybe then I can get some nightmare-free sleep for once in a Blue Moon.

~Dan

PJones64
04-15-11, 02:09 PM
You tell them, tough guy, got the universe figured out at the ripe old age of 23. Laughable. Yet sad.

PJones64
04-15-11, 03:03 PM
HardJedi's two whole years of theology. Makes him kind of an authority as to what happened thousands of years before he himself even came into existence. Pitiful.

jalopez101
04-15-11, 03:33 PM
HardJedi's two whole years of theology. Makes him kind of an authority as to what happened thousands of years before he himself even came into existence. Pitiful.

This is taken from an article by Ricky Garvais in the WSJ...."to the Christians’ God by the way, it’s just as bad to believe in the wrong God as no God at all. The idea of other Gods is of course ridiculous to Christians. Supernatural poppycock. As if there was ever a Zeus; stupid, ancient, unenlightened superstition. And even if there are other Gods (which of course there aren’t) then the Christians’ God is the best. Hardest, smartest… just better. He would laugh at Zeus and call him a Greek bender."

Who cares about what happened thousands of years since Jesus started his religion? There were hundreds of other religions before 0000AD that someone in that time could have made in the same defense of their Zeus. Christianity is just an off-shoot from Judaism......just like Islam. Religion has caused more harm to the world (from my viewpoint) then good. Christianity, Judaism, Islam and Hinduism=all the same.

PJones64
04-15-11, 04:24 PM
Thank you so much for sharing that with us

jalopez101
04-15-11, 05:19 PM
Thank you so much for sharing that with us

Awww, acting like the Christ you hold so dear with your sarcastic reply. :thumbup:

PJones64
04-15-11, 05:29 PM
You're a little smarter than that. Act like it.

gkmoz
04-15-11, 06:34 PM
Reading all this, I can't help but be reminded that there are a lot of friendly atheists, but for the most part they tend to be of a very superior attitude, and most unfriendly toward folks who are believers. They also tend to see the world only according to their own viewpoint. A big big mistake. Considering the fact that they have not been on the earth all that many years, it is amazing they are so knowledgeable about the vast universe. They have it all figured out.

How can someone in their 20s or 30s have it all figured out? From books? Magazine articles? School?

Where do they get all their knowledge? It's pretty amazing, and also very impressive.

Its the internet Dave ! It has everything some one 16-39 needs to know ! the rest of us have to learn OJT :D

gkmoz
04-15-11, 07:51 PM
I know, Gary--what fascinates me, though, is why atheists even discuss God, since, for them, He presumably does not even exist. And they feel compelled to talk about this incessantly.
But here's the interesting part. No one ever talks about a square triangle, because there is no such thing. So why would an atheist talk about God? If He does not even exist, isn't it like talking about a square triangle?
And they're so defensive about it. If I did not believe in God, you would not see me talking about the subject on any forum at all.
But atheists, skeptics, unbelievers are drawn to the subject like a moth to a flame.
Interesting. :)

They are about their fathers business ! But they don't know it because they don't believe he exists either ! ;)

YourPhoneIsMine
04-15-11, 07:54 PM
I know, Gary--what fascinates me, though, is why atheists even discuss God, since, for them, He presumably does not even exist. And they feel compelled to talk about this incessantly.
But here's the interesting part. No one ever talks about a square triangle, because there is no such thing. So why would an atheist talk about God? If He does not even exist, isn't it like talking about a square triangle?
And they're so defensive about it. If I did not believe in God, you would not see me talking about the subject on any forum at all.
But atheists, skeptics, unbelievers are drawn to the subject like a moth to a flame.
Interesting. :)
I only discuss it when it's brought up by someone else. But I'll take any opportunity to bring someone into the light of reason and logic.

gkmoz
07-19-12, 01:16 PM
John MacArthur Grace to You JESUS IS LORD(1 Corinthians 12:3) is the distinguishing article of Christianity and marks the essential confession of faith (Romans 10:9). Jesus proclaimed it to His...

FistFu68
07-22-12, 03:34 PM
:thumbup: AMEN :beer: :iwo: