PDA

View Full Version : Taking classes during enlistment

Vloyanetes
06-15-10, 09:23 PM
Is it recomended to take classes during enlistment or should i wait untill I finish my four years and take advantage of one of the G.I bills?
Thank You!!

Komenko
06-15-10, 09:28 PM
Is it recomended to take classes during enlistment or should i wait untill I finish my four years and take advantage of one of the G.I bills?
Thank You!!

start while your in the service! 100% tution gets payed by the Marines and there are colleges on base you can attend! had a Staff Sergeant finish his last year of college while deployed in Iraq and now he is an Officer! take advantage of the college benefits while in! you'll save a ton of cash!

eazyrider
06-15-10, 09:30 PM
It can be very difficult to take classes while in. In my unit it was next to impossible. That was MY unit, yours may be different. But let's say this, there is no guarantee that it will work out for you. If you can then do it for sure.

Komenko
06-15-10, 09:50 PM
It can be very difficult to take classes while in. In my unit it was next to impossible. That was MY unit, yours may be different. But let's say this, there is no guarantee that it will work out for you. If you can then do it for sure.

if i could take a course of "Intro to Criminal Justice" in Iraq while doing convoys, i'm sure there is time to take some classes. just have to pace them out! not to many at once though. also the Professors are flexable if your unit has some field time while stateside.

eazyrider
06-15-10, 10:15 PM
if i could take a course of "Intro to Criminal Justice" in Iraq while doing convoys, i'm sure there is time to take some classes. just have to pace them out! not to many at once though. also the Professors are flexable if your unit has some field time while stateside.
I would argue with that but I can't. Touche.

Vloyanetes
06-16-10, 10:26 AM
Thank you very much!