PDA

View Full Version : 03xx parent comforting

CharlyMurphy
06-15-10, 09:00 PM
Hello Marines and POG's. ( i captialized the M i feel accomplished:) ive been talking to my marine recruiter about doing 03XX and crackin some insurgent skulls (nah im just kidding i would shoot them) and right now im pretty much waiting to go to MEPS and get my ship date, my main problem is right now is trying to get support from family members. my father was in the 82nd airborne in the 80's so i guess i cant really argue with him since he has infantry experience under his belt and my mom well.. when i told her she started crying so i told her that i would do something safe in the army ( lol thats a funny joke right? who the hell would join the fu*king army? sorry father) all mothers are overprotective so she dosent count, i guess they just care and dont want me to go to hell just yet...

My father said though youll love it it but dosent provide any skills in the outside world and that USMC Grunts are just Gun Fodder ( a little offended by this) he said why would you join infantry when with your asvab score (i got a 83 yes i actually am quite a Intelligent Being) you could be anything you want. Well "i said" i feel like the marines are calling me and i guess that you didnt have that feeling that you were born a Marine, plus what job will make give you more honor, and a feeling of actually accomplishing something great in your life, while hating it at the same time then being a USMC Grunt? ( I try to imagine myself in a rocking chair as an old man looking back on my life and thinking if i made a difference with my life to the world, i know the marines dont have that problem, Ronald Reagen agrees)

I guess im going on a rant here that should be on my facebook blog so ill ask the question that i was going to intend to ask in the beggininng of the question i was going to ask errr.... how do you kind of break the question to your parents that you want to do this even if they will disown you if you do? for my parents, me telling them straight up isent going to cut it

P.S- Sorry about the cocky attitude i have learned to live life by 1 rule, dont take S*** from anybody ( Unless your a DI then you can yell at me ) and try to be someone thats unique.

CQB0316
06-15-10, 09:07 PM
BWAHAHAHA POGs are Marines too. You havent earned the right to call them that yet. 83's not that high bro, so get off your high horse. You say only DI's can yell at you huh? Just sign the contract...no balls. Then I hope you go to 2/7 before I EAS. The DI's will break you down in their own way and your seniors will break you down in theirs. I guarantee if you come to a Victor unit with that attitude your going to wish you were back in boot camp.

Komenko
06-15-10, 09:24 PM
BWAHAHAHA POGs are Marines too. You havent earned the right to call them that yet. 83's not that high bro, so get off your high horse. You say only DI's can yell at you huh? Just sign the contract...no balls. Then I hope you go to 2/7 before I EAS. The DI's will break you down in their own way and your seniors will break you down in theirs. I guarantee if you come to a Victor unit with that attitude your going to wish you were back in boot camp.

lmao I've know plenty of Grunts with that kind of Attitude! And yes Grunts are cocky and a breed of their own! I've served beside them and I have the up most respect for them due to the crap they go through everyday! For the OP, just tell your parents straight up what you want to do! if they disown you, oh well! they will see the mistake that they made later in life when they see your happy with what your doing! its your life, do what you want to do! if your 18 years of age they can't do anything to threaten you because you'll be living on base in the barracks, getting fed at the chow hall, and getting payed every 1st and 15th by Uncle Sam! good luck your gonna need it!

eazyrider
06-15-10, 09:28 PM
This guy is a joker he is not going to join.

Lisa 23
06-15-10, 09:31 PM
You might want to come off that high horse your on and drop the cocky attitude there young man.
Get yourself familiarized with the site rules while you're at it. And when using the words Marines or Marine Corps, they will be capitalized at all times. Yes, this does bother me.......it's Drill Instructors to you, not DI's.

I'd watch what you're saying about knocking down another branch of the military, too. We've got some Marines, who did their time in the Marine Corps and are presently in the Army now, so when you put down the Army, you're also putting down those who served in the Marine Corps and are now serving in the Army.
You should also be proud of the fact that your father served his country, and I don't care if it was in the Army.
Adjust the attidue and you'll do better in life, and if you happen to make it in the Marine Corps.

Lisa 23
06-15-10, 09:35 PM
but ill make sure that the DI's will adapt to my standards, but dont worry ill know it wont be easy..

That's what you think. :evilgrin:

eazyrider
06-15-10, 09:40 PM
Your mother should have sent you back and kept the stork. Would have worked out better for her I am afraid. I tell you what if your really joining give out your recruiters phone number.

CharlyMurphy
06-15-10, 09:41 PM
You might want to come off that high horse your on and drop the cocky attitude there young man.
Get yourself familiarized with the site rules while you're at it. And when using the words Marines or Marine Corps, they will be capitalized at all times. Yes, this does bother me.......it's Drill Instructors to you, not DI's.

I'd watch what you're saying about knocking down another branch of the military, too. We've got some Marines, who did their time in the Marine Corps and are presently in the Army now, so when you put down the Army, you're also putting down those who served in the Marine Corps and are now serving in the Army.
You should also be proud of the fact that your father served his country, and I don't care if it was in the Army.
Adjust the attidue and you'll do better in life, and if you happen to make it in the Marine Corps.

Yes Ma'am. Of course i know what your saying i thank the army also tremendously for their service and i know the army special forces like airborne are no walk in the park either. i just take alot of pride in getting the chance to earn the title Marine someday, and im not really interested in anything else at life or branch right now other then the Marines. ( ill be sure to capatalize the M at all times for now own. thanks)

tdrt
06-15-10, 09:43 PM
For someone who has balls as big as yours, you sure as hell shouldn't have a problem telling your parents. You're old enough to make your own decisions and live with the consquences -- and/or regret.

CQB0316
06-15-10, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the input Current Marine but ill make sure that the DI's will adapt to my standards, but dont worry ill know it wont be easy..

2/7 Batallion ey? you sound like a bad*** did you kill anyone yet its mad fun slicing somones torso round after round right? dont worry before my active service ends ill ask to be put in the 2/7 batallion to put some adrenaline and excitement in your middle eastern desert tony danza tapdance extravaganza bananza.

P.S- Signing my contract soon to hopefully become a 0311 and earn the title all jokes aside.

They really need to start giving these kids full blown psyc tests. WTF is wrong with you?

Komenko
06-15-10, 09:44 PM
Still my question was i need to find a way to break it to my parents that the USMC is the way of life that i want

Just be up front about it and don't back down from what you want. If this is what you truely want, be honest and tell them! there are benefits from joining and it will lead you to become a better person! by the way I'm no longer in lol. my EAS was in Feb. 2008!

CharlyMurphy
06-15-10, 09:46 PM
Your mother should have sent you back and kept the stork. Would have worked out better for her I am afraid. I tell you what if your really joining give out your recruiters phone number.

So you think im not telling the truth huh? My Recruiter (Sgt. Chris Johnson awesome guy) was a TOW Gunner in Afghanistan he gives me all the motivation i need, i dont need to give out his number to prove to you that im for real. but for real man im sorry if i hurt your feelings, i realize that you're a Marine and im not so ill shut the F*** up

CQB0316
06-15-10, 09:47 PM
army special forces like airborne are no walk in the park either

Wow equating the regular Army Airborne Units to Special Forces Groups shows how much knowledge you lack about the Military.

CharlyMurphy
06-15-10, 09:49 PM
For someone who has balls as big as yours, you sure as hell shouldn't have a problem telling your parents. You're old enough to make your own decisions and live with the consquences -- and/or regret.

With my parents? They would legally sue me knowing they would lose just to stop me from joining

CQB0316
06-15-10, 09:55 PM
Really? I think anyone in the army airborne is trained well enough as any guy in the rangers or green beret to hold their ground.

Do more research, post less. This statement validifies how much you dont know yet. They harp about capitalizing Marine, do so for EVERY title you put in your BS spews from now on to inculde Ranger, Special Forces ( they are not green berets, they wear them ) and Army Airborne.

Lisa 23
06-15-10, 09:57 PM
Well, if your parents don't want you to join the military, then you're out of luck getting their signatures while you're only 17. You'll just have to wait until you turn 18 to sign yourself without your parents signature.

By federal law (10 U.S.C., 505 (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode10/usc_sec_10_00000505----000-.html)), the minimum age for enlistment in the United States Military is 17 (with parental consent) and 18 (without parental consent).

Quinbo
06-15-10, 10:02 PM
TOW's are designed to take out tanks. Are there a lot of tanks in ass crack? I don't know never been there.

Boot camp is a breeze .... your worst nitemare starts the day you hit the fleet with a effed up attitude. Nobody is gonna adapt to you you either. There is no hand holding molly coddeling. You better be yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir or you're gonna spend your whole enlistment digging tank traps and bragging about your asvab score.

CQB0316
06-15-10, 10:05 PM
TOW's are designed to take out tanks. Are there a lot of tanks in ass crack? I don't know never been there.

Boot camp is a breeze .... your worst nitemare starts the day you hit the fleet with a effed up attitude. Nobody is gonna adapt to you you either. There is no hand holding molly coddeling. You better be yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir or you're gonna spend your whole enlistment digging tank traps and bragging about your asvab score.

That or if he goes to 29 palms, running up cardiac and dragons back at 2am in a gas mask, full PPE and a ruck on.:banana:

eazyrider
06-15-10, 10:07 PM
So you think im not telling the truth huh? My Recruiter (Sgt. Chris Johnson awesome guy) was a TOW Gunner in Afghanistan he gives me all the motivation i need, i dont need to give out his number to prove to you that im for real. but for real man im sorry if i hurt your feelings, i realize that you're a Marine and im not so ill shut the F*** up
Ah your sorry you hurt my feelings....sniff sniff. Like I care what a poser like you thinks or says. I wonder how many SSGT Johnson's there are in the Corps? Pretty generic really. For real though, to use one of your terms, I do hope you join. Your attitude will not last and if it does you will soon find yourself in the Brig and out on your ass. Good luck getting a job. Anybody can be tough on the internet and a number would go a long way to proving yourself. This thread is a joke and I will treat it like one. You will be banned soon enough.

eazyrider
06-15-10, 10:09 PM

That pretty much sums it up.

Komenko
06-15-10, 10:24 PM
http://www.muditajournal.com/wp-content/uploads/arguing-on-internet.png http://www.shoeboxblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/arguing-internet-434x500.jpg http://www.global-changes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Internet_argument.jpg

Komenko
06-15-10, 10:25 PM
lmao sorry i just had to!!!!!

Quinbo
06-15-10, 10:30 PM
Good one!

Beltayn
06-15-10, 11:28 PM
Really? I think anyone in the army airborne is trained well enough as any guy in the rangers or green beret to hold their ground.

You realize that like over half the entire army is technically Airborne right? If you aren't 10th Mountain or Tankers, the chances are if you're in the Army, you're Airborne.

hussaf
06-15-10, 11:53 PM
Airborne school is a joke...the hardest part is being in Columbus, Ga and that Marines have to show up an entire weekend early to pre-pass the Army PRT.

I want to believe the OP is just a troll, playing a big joke on everyone....I can't believe a real person is like this. Oh well, best of luck regardless.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-16-10, 05:18 PM
The black helicopters have departed with the lad for a 7 day extraction.

The Leprechaun minions have spoken.

Next time, perhaps we'll adjust our attitude. Because if not, he'll go to the land of Nod, forever.

ritter
06-16-10, 05:46 PM
Here is this idiots recruiters work number: 631-475-0500

echo3oscar1833
06-16-10, 06:01 PM
I had a nice reply, but this realized I would be lowering my intelligence by actually responding to this weird little kid.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-16-10, 06:17 PM
LOL!

"You are a sad, strange little man"

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/5/2/633768741632609765-ASadStrangeLittleMan.jpg

hussaf
06-16-10, 08:47 PM
Komenko...that picture makes me smile.

echo3oscar1833
06-16-10, 10:15 PM
Internet Connection - $40.00
Getting told your a Retarded Little Kid on Leatherneck.com- Priceless

:D:D:D

Komenko
06-16-10, 10:44 PM
Komenko...that picture makes me smile.

which one?