PDA

View Full Version : How to be a Guide or Squad Leader

ChristianB
06-11-10, 11:35 PM
I ship off to boot camp in about 4 months now. I would like to graduate as Guide but i am open to squad leader also. Do anyone have any good tips on how to do so? Thank you.

Dillon
06-11-10, 11:42 PM
I'm just a Poolee but while I was speaking with a Marine that just graduated Recruit Training apparently you have to (in his words) 'be the biggest brown noser in all of boot) although I personally think you'd have to be one of the most physically in shape and more disciplined than the rest of the Recruits, you know, the cream of the crop.

ChristianB
06-12-10, 12:06 AM
haha i actually heard something like that before also. I've also heard that it helps to sound off and know your knowledge.

Cressler
06-12-10, 12:48 AM
Yeah from what i've heard you need pretty much the best ist down there soo a perfect ist...sound of loudly and know your knowledge oh and don't be a screwup...well less of a screw up then the other recruits but just so you know if you are guide be prepared for alot of quarter decking

MarinesFTW
06-13-10, 12:21 AM
Basically be hot **** in everything you do... Quote from a Poolee I knew who graduated as Company Honar Man and Merit. LCpl. He was in great shape and knew where he stood and also knew his place. Hell of a man and one hell of a Marine.

CastNoShadow
06-14-10, 07:19 AM
I believe all the above said is likely true. To be a guide or squad leader, I would assume that one would need to be a natural leader. Either you've got it or you don't.

This topic has been covered before. You may want to do a search to see what was said previously in the other threads.

xfusex
06-19-10, 11:37 AM
Yuo're either gonna be a guide/squad leader or you're not.

Do what you're told, when you're told, faster than you're told, and you're on the right track. Maturity is a huge factor as well. Fitness has something to do with it, but being able to do 30+ pull ups or 130+ crunches or run a 3mi in 18:00 flat isn't going to get you guide. Having heart will is just as good.

Every recruit should aspire to be in a leadership position, but the reality is that not all are cut out for it.

Trust me, I just graduated yesterday as guide, picked it up on Training Day 3 and left PI as Guide, Honor Grad, Meritorious PFC.

18JUN2010
Bravo Nation
Plt 1041
SDI SSgt Rapalo
EDI SSgt Pineda
DI SSgt McKenzie
DI Sgt Sanchez

Good luck to all you soon to be nasty recruits. Remember: speed, volume and intensity and above all else, NEVER quit.

Yonkers
06-19-10, 12:02 PM
Yuo're either gonna be a guide/squad leader or you're not.

Do what you're told, when you're told, faster than you're told, and you're on the right track. Maturity is a huge factor as well. Fitness has something to do with it, but being able to do 30+ pull ups or 130+ crunches or run a 3mi in 18:00 flat isn't going to get you guide. Having heart will is just as good.

Every recruit should aspire to be in a leadership position, but the reality is that not all are cut out for it.

Trust me, I just graduated yesterday as guide, picked it up on Training Day 3 and left PI as Guide, Honor Grad, Meritorious PFC.

18JUN2010
Bravo Nation
Plt 1041
SDI SSgt Rapalo
EDI SSgt Pineda
DI SSgt McKenzie
DI Sgt Sanchez

Good luck to all you soon to be nasty recruits. Remember: speed, volume and intensity and above all else, NEVER quit.

Fantastically motivating, thanks.