PDA

View Full Version : Started the process

dk151993
06-11-10, 09:10 PM
Greetings. I've been a member of this site for years and have done some posting in the past. I would like to reintroduce myself to the everyone on here. My name's Dakota, I'm 17, and a junior in high school. Currently I am a Cadet 1st Lieutenant in AFJROTC and I plan to change that with the start of the next school year as I am gunning for our Group Commander position. I have wanted to join the Marines since 8th grade and that has not changed. Our local recruiter met with my family and I a few weeks ago for the first time and that has really opened my parents up to this much more so than before (They were pushing Air Force). I haven't made a decision on when to DEP in yet. I am looking at waiting until this January to do so but again I am still undecided. I plan to get an 03xx MOS. I haven't any questions to ask in regard to joining the Marines at the moment and I am only posting to get active again. I posted this in 'Ask A Marine' because it will not allow me to post in the 'Poolee' Forum. Is this due to me not being in the DEP yet? Thank you to all the Marines who take the time to answer this.

CQB0316
06-11-10, 09:14 PM
Yes