PDA

View Full Version : I leave in 33 days

P90x
06-09-10, 01:25 PM
Im excited, but somedays it hits me hard, and I get a little nervous.

gonzo4
06-09-10, 01:51 PM
You will be getting the butterflies more often than you want. Stay motivated the last week at home is always the hardest. Boot camp always gets easier because you get closer to being done. Good luck Devil Pup.

ecfree
06-09-10, 02:10 PM
Stay focused JASON,you'll be OK.........:thumbup:

Rocky C
06-09-10, 05:42 PM
Good Luck Jason!!!

Yonkers
06-09-10, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I've been getting butterflys too.. I figure it's normal... and there's 0 chance of me dropping out so whatever :D

P90x
06-09-10, 09:33 PM
thank u everyone, also I will never drop out, failure is not an option.:no: all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dillon
06-09-10, 11:54 PM
Great... now after reading this I have the butterflies for my shipping and handling, time to kill them off one by one, those little butterflies that are captured will be interrogated if they refuse to speak they will be put to death, if they speak, they'll just die quicker and less painfully.

This is how I think of the butterflies, YOU are in control of your fear, there are two types of courage, one who doesn't think twice about it, and the other that is scared ****less but does it anyways.

Ceckert85
06-10-10, 08:30 AM
Boot camp is not that bad i was there for 18 weeks instead of 13 because I was dropped to MRP for cellulitis, so if i can make it there 18 weeks you can make it 13

P90x
06-10-10, 11:56 AM
After going to my 30 day pre ship yesterday, I figured out im going to be Bravo Company 1st Batallion, Graduation date set for October 8:D

Ceckert85
06-10-10, 01:18 PM
Where you going san diego or parris island?

Riven37
06-10-10, 02:17 PM
If you look at this as an Adventure and take as that you will enjoy it more. Worry only about you until you need to worry about teamwork otherwise you will take oyur focus in the wrong places.

Im excited, but somedays it hits me hard, and I get a little nervous.

Kegler300
06-10-10, 03:56 PM
Send your mailing address to someone who can post it here, so the Marines here can send you some motivating mail with hog-pics in envelopes sprayed with foo-foo juice...(;

ONeill65
06-15-10, 05:37 PM
I know how you feel. i leave in a little less than 2 weeks now. Crunch time is coming!

USMC Semper Fid
06-18-10, 10:53 AM
Send your mailing address to someone who can post it here, so the Marines here can send you some motivating mail with hog-pics in envelopes sprayed with foo-foo juice...(;
hey dude, I heard about that...can you explain this to me please? Like, what happens if my girlfirend sends me pic of her and her friend while I'm in BC?

Lisa 23
06-18-10, 11:11 AM
hey dude, I heard about that...can you explain this to me please? Like, what happens if my girlfirend sends me pic of her and her friend while I'm in BC?

Hey, how about showing RESPECT and addressing a Marine as such, not dude.
It's boot camp, not BC.
And I don't like you using Semper Fi in your username, you haven't EARNED the title yet.
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

And fill out the rest of your profile. While you're at it, read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine foums.

CastNoShadow
06-18-10, 11:12 AM

How about "Hey Marine" or "Master Gunnery Sergeant" instead of "hey dude". I realize you are new here, but try showing a little respect. Don't you think he's earned it?

EDIT: Looks like WMarine beat me to it.

USMC Semper Fid
06-18-10, 11:29 AM
sorry dude...I'm still learning my ranks. is Master Gunner Sergeant better than first sergeant?

Lisa 23
06-18-10, 11:32 AM
Look, quit being a smart a$$.......remove the Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps as your avatar...you DO NOT rate that rank, and do some research on your own.

And stop refering to others as dude.

USMC Semper Fid
06-18-10, 11:34 AM
SOrry ma'an I thought it was a cool picture. :(

Lisa 23
06-18-10, 11:39 AM
And I'm not no ma'an either.

USMC Semper Fid
06-18-10, 11:48 AM
Sorry, that was a typo :(

SgtScales
06-18-10, 12:32 PM
P90X is officially the best name on the internet.

LandsNGrooves
06-18-10, 03:44 PM
Hey, how about showing RESPECT and addressing a Marine as such, not dude.
It's boot camp, not BC.
And I don't like you using Semper Fi in your username, you haven't EARNED the title yet.
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

And fill out the rest of your profile. While you're at it, read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine foums.

Yeah you don't want to abbreviate anything. The Military hates that.

Lisa 23
06-18-10, 04:51 PM
Yeah you don't want to abbreviate anything. The Military hates that.

Well, bc can stand for a few things...like birth control, Before Christ, British Columbia, Boston College.

USMC Semper Fid
06-18-10, 05:02 PM
So can USMC...but people use it here frequently...

Uncle Sams Misguided Children...

see what I did there?

LandsNGrooves
06-18-10, 05:10 PM
Well, bc can stand for a few things...like birth control, Before Christ, British Columbia, Boston College.

And?
BCG=
Birth Control Glasses
Bolt Carrier Group

All he said was BC, but somehow you knew what he was talking about. WEIRD! Context clues are the funniest things.

MisterMayhem
06-19-10, 01:30 AM
So can USMC...but people use it here frequently...

Uncle Sams Misguided Children...

see what I did there?

I always liked Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. And the phrase 'friends don't let friends re-enlist.' FDLFRE?

P90x
07-05-10, 11:48 AM
Im headed to P.I only 6 days left :)

sbshane
07-05-10, 09:38 PM
good luck.

P90x
07-06-10, 02:26 AM
thx

BassPro0007
07-18-10, 11:20 PM
When I start doubting myself about basic I always remember how many millions of people have made it through. Just have the confidence that you are stronger then at least ONE of those millions and you'll make it. When your feet hit those footprints just remember your not the first in that situation and look at all the people around you feeling the same way. I have also been told that a big stradegy of Basic is to confuse the F@!& out of you so when you feel like you dont know whats going on, remember, its supposed to be that way. Id wish you luck, but I doubt you need it.

Lisa 23
07-19-10, 08:00 AM
In case you haven't read the first post, the original poster already left for boot camp/recruit training, not basic...that's the Army, on July 12th. He's at MCRD a week now.

PFC Planter
07-23-10, 03:35 AM
lol he should fine boot has gotten a little easier..well on the east coast anyway

davidlee2010
08-08-10, 02:00 PM
lol he should fine boot has gotten a little easier..well on the east coast anyway

let me guess sir, it got easier the day after you graduated. don't patronize new recruits