PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with the Army

6lkl6l
06-06-10, 09:25 PM
I tried to join the Army last year but had a a ged and failed the aims so everything else is done. I also dont need any other type of waiver.
My recruiters are not giving me a straight answer.
Im enrolled at the university of phoenix online right now. Il have 15 credits august 29th.
My school is being very slow about sending me the letter stating this but i do have my schedual and how many credits il have.
They got me coming to pt every thursday and im sure they will get me in but i keep getting a different answer every week.
I want to do 11x so im not worried about missing a job.
Am i eligable to enlis in the Marines right now?
But if i enlisted right now when would i leave for boot camp? That keeps goin back and forth with them aswell.
Would any of the other services get me shiped out faster? Im in a very bad finacial situation right now, and i need to join the service thats going to get me started the fastest and start getting paid. If My wife and i wernt so desperate right now i would wait and join he Marines for however long it takes. Iv always wanted to be a Marine.

CQB0316
06-06-10, 09:28 PM
If you dont meet Army standards what in gods name makes you think the Marine Corps will take you?

Lisa 23
06-06-10, 09:30 PM
Try filling out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions know who they are talking to....and you may also want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums too.

Try doing a search on the site for GED's.

The best way to get the answers you want to your questions, is to talk with a Marine Corps recruiter face-to-face. We're not recruiters here. We can only give advice.

Lisa 23
06-06-10, 09:34 PM
You may also want to get a job if you're desperate for money. It's not like you're going to walk into a Marine Corps recruiters office, sign papers, and you're off. It doesn't work that way. There's a process to go through, and you'll need those 15 college credits to go along with that GED, and wait just like everyone else has before you to go to MCRD.

6lkl6l
06-06-10, 09:37 PM
I do meet there standards.
They are just takeing there sweet time. Iv bee told by several recruiters that im eligable to join its just that something different comes up every week on why we cant go forward. He says he needs somthin but then after i get it he says i didnt need it. They are confusng the hll out of me. I just want a straight answer, wen can i join and what do i need to do?

I just figured that since i will have 15 credits soon that i might aswell join the service that iv wanted to all along but couldnt because of the ged.
Will the Marines work with me better on my situation?

I have a job, its just not paying the bills anymore. Trust me, im doing everything i can but its just very difficult to find a good job these days as im sur you know.

Lisa 23
06-06-10, 09:39 PM
Will the Marines work with me better on my situation?
Talk with a recruiter face-to-face.

eazyrider
06-07-10, 02:58 AM
You need to type better, it makes it hard for me to understand what you are saying. I say this not as a slight but because you need to take pride and do a good job if you want to be a Marine. When you type like that Marines won't take you seriously because it show a lack of respect for yourself and those of whom you are seeking advice. Your best advice on this has already been stated, talk face to face with a recruiter. Look presentable when you go, get your mind right. Basically you need to square yourself away, the Marines are VERY big on responsibility. Again I am not picking on you just telling you what you need to hear.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-07-10, 11:35 PM
Grammar and punctuation are a start to be sure.

At present, the 'well is full'. Meaning that the Marine Corps is literally overwhelmed with HIGH quality recruits with NO issues that require waivers. The 'average' wait time to go to recruit training is six months or longer. That's withOUT a waiver.

So if you think you'll be able to get the college credit you need, walk in, and be gone in a month......not gonna happen. Not right now.

polizei
06-08-10, 06:42 AM
You've always wanted to be a Marine but you tried to join the army first? I smell fish. Go rot somewhere else.