PDA

View Full Version : MEPS Question

Swtch
06-05-10, 09:50 AM
Hey everyone, I'm looking at attending Marine OCS next June and of course will have to go to MEPS prior to everything. My question is, since I have a history of migraines, will I be completely unable to join the Marine Corps? My recruiter told me that I will be disqualified at MEPS, but they'll send me for a doctor's consultation and I'll basically have to show that I no longer have them. I haven't had them in 10 months because I changed my diet and put myself on a regular exercise schedule. By the time I go to OCS it'll be going on two years without a migraine anyways, so will that help my chances of getting in? This is something I'm very passionate about and I want to do but I'm not going to lie in order to increase my chances of going. That's an integrity issue and I'm not about to risk the lives of the Marines I'll be leading because I want to be in the military. I'd rather not start my career as an officer out with a lie. Any feedback that you can give me would be helpful, thanks a lot!

Zulu 36
06-05-10, 11:28 AM
Hey everyone, I'm looking at attending Marine OCS next June and of course will have to go to MEPS prior to everything. My question is, since I have a history of migraines, will I be completely unable to join the Marine Corps? My recruiter told me that I will be disqualified at MEPS, but they'll send me for a doctor's consultation and I'll basically have to show that I no longer have them. I haven't had them in 10 months because I changed my diet and put myself on a regular exercise schedule. By the time I go to OCS it'll be going on two years without a migraine anyways, so will that help my chances of getting in? This is something I'm very passionate about and I want to do but I'm not going to lie in order to increase my chances of going. That's an integrity issue and I'm not about to risk the lives of the Marines I'll be leading because I want to be in the military. I'd rather not start my career as an officer out with a lie. Any feedback that you can give me would be helpful, thanks a lot!

You need to complete your profile and make sure you read and heed all of the site rules and stickies. This post should be in the Ask a Marine thread in the Poolee section. Once you've done your profile and reading, come on back to get your questions answered.