PDA

View Full Version : After 5 visits to MEPs

Zumbii
06-02-10, 11:39 PM
I am now a poolee...
Extremely excited to have a ship date, now just have to wait for a job.
Congrats to all the other who swore in today as well!
-DB

USMC Sokol
06-02-10, 11:43 PM
Congratulations Poolee

When do you ship? What MOS are you looking into?

Mledford
06-02-10, 11:44 PM
Nice! Congratulations!

Zumbii
06-02-10, 11:45 PM
Ship date is 20110110
MOS 03xx
Extremely motivated!

wilsontc11
06-04-10, 11:01 PM
Man..... and I thought having to go back a 2nd time sucked lol... why'd you have to go back so many times, if you dont mind me asking?

Yonkers
06-05-10, 11:40 AM
Dang lol, 3 times for me and I thought it was hell... grats on finally becoming a poolee :D

Best of luck to ya.

the802
06-05-10, 12:16 PM
One and done I always say.

Zumbii
06-06-10, 09:07 AM
I have a little bit of a sunken chest so the Dr. required me to x-rays and a bunch of other lame stuff.

sbshane
06-06-10, 03:35 PM
lmao...

also it took me 5 visits to get through as well. Mine was for a stupid shoulder thing i brought up from football, and some medicine that i was on in HS.

ship date is oct 11th for PI for me

MarinesFTW
06-06-10, 05:01 PM

Best way to roll

shadox
06-06-10, 05:49 PM
I only had to go up twice, one for M.E.P.S., and the other trip was to swear in.

JKrause91
06-06-10, 10:53 PM
Two trips here, gonna love that third one!

MarinesFTW
06-06-10, 11:21 PM
Haha Im about to make my second one up to MEPS to run my IST for the command on weds, then only a week and a half later I'm going back to ship off to sunny San Diago!

Dillon
06-09-10, 11:36 PM
I only went up to MEPs once, I weighed 197 1/2 on the day before MEPs my recruiters and I were making sure that I'd reach the weight standards, they gave me laxatives, I ran for half an hour to reduce water weight, I spent time in a sanna. And had very little to eat and drink for the whole ordeal.

Well, the laxatives didn't work :\ and the sanna I don't think made a big difference either, but damn the not having a whole lot to drink and eat did work, they clocked me in at precisely 196. Then I had to turn my head and cough if you know what I mean... it was awfully cold in there with just my undies on :(

wilsontc11
06-10-10, 01:12 AM
I only went up to MEPs once, I weighed 197 1/2 on the day before MEPs my recruiters and I were making sure that I'd reach the weight standards, they gave me laxatives, I ran for half an hour to reduce water weight, I spent time in a sanna. And had very little to eat and drink for the whole ordeal.

Well, the laxatives didn't work :\ and the sanna I don't think made a big difference either, but damn the not having a whole lot to drink and eat did work, they clocked me in at precisely 196. Then I had to turn my head and cough if you know what I mean... it was awfully cold in there with just my undies on :(Haha man...... that part of MEPS was the worst. Having to do all of those exercises in that freezing cold room in your boxers with like 20 other guys, so you have to sit there and wait forever just to get your weight checked and stuff. oh well!

Time Bandit
06-16-10, 12:46 AM
Ha that room must be cold at every MEP's then because we had the same deal. That's a bummer you had to go 5 times Zumbii I feel lucky with 2, but honestly I didn't think MEP's was that bad. Free food, get away from the parents for a day and get to hang with all the other guys/gals waiting to join. Cable TV too!:thumbup:

the802
06-16-10, 08:55 AM
Ha that room must be cold at every MEP's then because we had the same deal. That's a bummer you had to go 5 times Zumbii I feel lucky with 2, but honestly I didn't think MEP's was that bad. Free food, get away from the parents for a day and get to hang with all the other guys/gals waiting to join. Cable TV too!:thumbup:

I had to skip lunch because they told me I didn't have to take the depth perception test, its only for reservists, but the Marine liaison made me go back and take it during lunch...13 hours spent at MEPS with no food...fun...

Zumbii
06-16-10, 10:44 AM
I had to skip lunch because they told me I didn't have to take the depth perception test, its only for reservists, but the Marine liaison made me go back and take it during lunch...13 hours spent at MEPS with no food...fun...

Oh wow that does suck lol.
Lunch was my only motivation haha jk, finally swearing in was. :flag:

Andrew09
06-18-10, 01:22 AM

That's what she said? :nerd:

Anyway. Congrats poolee. Jump on that IST!

Edit: I spent 11-12 hours at MEPS when I went to JUST BE SWEARING IN. I sat in one chair for 7 hours. Then moved to another chair for 3 hours. The final hour was swearing in and signing my contract. Although no complaints here, it's worth it in the end.