PDA

View Full Version : Trading Contracts...

SemperEsurio
06-01-10, 12:06 PM
Hey, I was just wondering if any other poolees have done this? I really am looking to get out of my Aviation Mechanic contract but as we all know the job situation is tight and I was wondering if swapping contracts would be a viable option. For those who did actually go through with it, how long did it actually take to get everything done?

MarinesFTW
06-01-10, 08:14 PM
There is a thread in the Ask A Marine forum that has this exact question with quite a bit of helpful info, I suggest you go there and read. Also if thats not enough use the search bar at the top right corner, there are quite a few threads about this.
Trading contracts is different story, I dont think they really let you trade outside your RSS or state as that could make things pretty messy. Dont quote me on that, but that makes sense.

SemperEsurio
06-01-10, 08:23 PM
There is a thread in the Ask A Marine forum that has this exact question with quite a bit of helpful info, I suggest you go there and read. Also if thats not enough use the search bar at the top right corner, there are quite a few threads about this.
Trading contracts is different story, I dont think they really let you trade outside your RSS or state as that could make things pretty messy. Dont quote me on that, but that makes sense.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely look around.

SemperEsurio
06-09-10, 11:49 PM
So I have been looking around, and since both a crew chief and combat photographer contract are nearly impossible to get at this point, I may be trading my aviation mechanic contract for an infantry one, , 5 years with a bonus. Of course no promises have been made, but I am weighing the pro and cons of the switch. I would be happy with infantry, that was my second choice, but I do understand that the mechanic job, thought I am not thrilled about, does offer a lot of education opportunities that I wouldn't get with infantry.