PDA

View Full Version : This sucks!!

twmUSMC
06-01-10, 09:59 AM
So I cut the bottom of my foot open and have 8 stitches in it. The doc says I have to be off of it totally for the next 3-4 days and he said I shouldn't run on it until they are out and thats 10 days! :mad:

CastNoShadow
06-01-10, 10:38 AM
Sorry to hear that man. Make sure you do what the doctor says to heal that foot as quickly as possible.

In the mean time you could study up on your USMC knowledge and read some motivating books.

Yurkin
06-01-10, 11:10 AM
Well you dont leave until next month, so just be happy that he hasnt told you to stay off it for 3-4 weeks. Lol. As long as you're good by your ship date, I wouldnt worry about it. Get better soon!

MarinesFTW
06-01-10, 11:26 AM
Yeah exactly it sucks thats its so close but at least your not having to stay off it until you leave. With it being your foot, you can do everything else besides run, be thankful it wasn't your sholder or something else thats extremely vital.

Chocopie
06-01-10, 07:24 PM
You are so overreacting!
You want to know what happend to me!? I broke my arm on April 11'th, I have not worked out since then! My cast comes off on June 4'th, and my ship out date is in this month of June. Now i got it bad buddy, you do not leave until late July so just get over yourself.

twmUSMC
06-01-10, 11:13 PM
You are so overreacting!
You want to know what happend to me!? I broke my arm on April 11'th, I have not worked out since then! My cast comes off on June 4'th, and my ship out date is in this month of June. Now i got it bad buddy, you do not leave until late July so just get over yourself.

Get over myself? Alls I was saying it sucks that I can't run for a couple weeks not that my foot was cut off. You have not worked out since then? I think you can still run with a broken arm just as I can still do crunches, push-ups, pull-ups etc..

Mledford
06-01-10, 11:19 PM
Just rest up and be prepared to hit it when you're up and moving around.

Yonkers
06-01-10, 11:20 PM
As long as your ship date doesn't get pushed back, it's good :D

Chocopie
06-02-10, 07:41 PM
Get over myself? Alls I was saying it sucks that I can't run for a couple weeks not that my foot was cut off. You have not worked out since then? I think you can still run with a broken arm just as I can still do crunches, push-ups, pull-ups etc..

wow sorry, I kind of took out my anger on you.. It's been so long for me, I cant run, since bouncing of my arm can move the fragile bone.
The cast comes off friday, but I still need like 2 more weeks of recovery

twmUSMC
06-02-10, 08:55 PM
wow sorry, I kind of took out my anger on you.. It's been so long for me, I cant run, since bouncing of my arm can move the fragile bone.
The cast comes off friday, but I still need like 2 more weeks of recovery

NP hopefully your arm is good to go before you leave.

sparkie
06-02-10, 09:00 PM
I am so hurtin for ya'll. kinda like Peyton Place for Poolees,,,,,,,,, Get T F over. I'll see the men on the other side.

Dillon
06-09-10, 10:49 PM
So I cut the bottom of my foot open and have 8 stitches in it. The doc says I have to be off of it totally for the next 3-4 days and he said I shouldn't run on it until they are out and thats 10 days! :mad:

Don't be disheartened! you'll still be able to practice your upper body! and you might be able to still do some cardio as well! Just don't pull a muscle in your arm now! :p