PDA

View Full Version : Hi to all, have some questions

tdwendt
05-31-10, 12:51 AM
first off i want to say hello. I've been thinking of enlisting for a couple of months now.

Im 25 married, and am tired of my current job going no where. My credit sucks, and i want an adventure. I was all set up to enlist when i was 18 but my recruiter decided it was a good idea to mis place all of my paper work when he left for the fleet so when my new recruiter took over and sent me up to meps( i was sent without any of my paper work due to the recruiter not being in town yet and the staff sargent wanting to keep the ball moving) and finding out when i got there that the Marines had no record of me talking to them or taking the asvab i was set back on joining(slightly ****ed off too) due to the fact the the United States Marine Corps could even keep track of my paper work that had complied over the past year. So, i decided to go to school and knew if i ever wanted to the Corps would always be there.

I have a friend that was in and he is no help all he says is "i told you to do this years ago", lot of help buddy. lol

Ive been talking to a current Marine who is on the same car forum as i am and he has been extremly help ful over the past few months with letting me know about the good the bad and the ugly of the US Marines, i cant thank him enough.

My wife says if its something i feel i should do than do it basicly, because of her and the kids(hers from previous marriage ages 15 and 17)(yes we are 13 years apart in age) seriously im considering the reserve aspect of this vs. AD. due to the fact that i wont have to uproot them and drag them all of the country/world with me.(THEY ARE ALL ROOTED HERE PRETTY GOOD AND IT WOULD BE HARD FOR THEM TO MOVE). Ive always had the utmost respect for the Corps and some part of me feels its my turn to Join you and wear the eagle globe and anchor proudly weather it be AD or reserve.

I have yet to talk with a local recuiter because im trying to get all my info first so i weed though all the saleman bs he or she is going to throw at me. Im slightly out of shape but nothing i cant work on before basic.

will my eagle scout rank(boy scouts of america)and my 2 year degree help me at all? im pretty sure that with eagle i will be able to get pfc after basic, not sure if my degree helps anymore or not.?
What about the Officer side of the Corps? could i use my existing degree and just go back for another 2 year degree? or does it have to 4 years for the same degree? not sure if i want to go this route or not its just some thing my Marine friend threw out in convosation yesteday online.

thank you for your time, and i hope to be joining you soon. sorry about the captilization(my keyboard is the crap)

-Tom

Sgt Leprechaun
05-31-10, 03:28 AM
"Salesmen BS?"

You've got some research to do. LOTS of research. First, read the site rules, and the rules for this section.

The recruiter isn't, quite frankly, going to give you 'salesman BS', because at this point, the Marine Corps doesn't NEED you. "We" are overstrength and turn people away daily. You have too many dependants, and are overweight or out of shape. There is no need to 'sell' the Marine Corps or give you 'bs' about it, because there are a platoon's worth of 18 year olds without stuff that'll need waivers just waiting in the wings.

Your AA doesn't help for OCS, it must be a 4 year degree.

Find, and personally speak with, your local recruiter. Do NOT telephone, but go in person.

tdrt
05-31-10, 09:07 AM
I don't know why everyone automatically assumes that the recruiters are going to be filling them full of BS. It's not like it was 20-30 years ago when we needed bodies to fill the ranks and yes, at that time there were some "stories" told to get recruits.

But now, we are at the point where we are accepting only the best and brightest. It is the potential recruits responsibility to prove to the Marine Corps why we should accept you.

Big Jim
05-31-10, 09:39 AM
I don't know why everyone automatically assumes that the recruiters are going to be filling them full of BS. It's not like it was 20-30 years ago when we needed bodies to fill the ranks and yes, at that time there were some "stories" told to get recruits.

But now, we are at the point where we are accepting only the best and brightest. It is the potential recruits responsibility to prove to the Marine Corps why we should accept you.

I'd accept you Troy, honey.....hehe...
:cool::thumbup:

tdrt
05-31-10, 10:49 AM
I'd accept you Troy, honey.....hehe...
:cool::thumbup:

well, that's a given. The question now is: do I accept you? LOL

Lisa 23
05-31-10, 12:52 PM
And the Marine Corps has boot camp/recruit training, not basic.......that's the Army.

tdwendt
05-31-10, 04:41 PM
"Salesmen BS?"

You've got some research to do. LOTS of research. First, read the site rules, and the rules for this section.

The recruiter isn't, quite frankly, going to give you 'salesman BS', because at this point, the Marine Corps doesn't NEED you. "We" are overstrength and turn people away daily. You have too many dependants, and are overweight or out of shape. There is no need to 'sell' the Marine Corps or give you 'bs' about it, because there are a platoon's worth of 18 year olds without stuff that'll need waivers just waiting in the wings.

Your AA doesn't help for OCS, it must be a 4 year degree.

Find, and personally speak with, your local recruiter. Do NOT telephone, but go in person.

I realize that the recruiter's job isn't to fill the potential recruit with bs, but theire job is to "sell you" into joining the Corps vs. Let's say the air force so in that regard they are a type of salesman for the Marines. I also realize they don't take everyone only the absolute best. Why do you say I have too many dependants? I'm sure there are many marines with familys. I have done lots of research on this I came here to get real answers from real Marines not just what is typed on a website or on a commerical on television.

Tthank you for correcting me about boot camp.

Lisa 23
05-31-10, 05:19 PM
Marines will always be capitalized.

US Military Enlistment Standards
Dependents
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/enldep.htm

tdwendt
05-31-10, 05:48 PM
i missed one sorry. Ill go back and fix it. So your advise is to not go and talk with the recruiter, because:

A) Im "too" old(25yrs old doesnt qualify being old), and a little bit out of shape,but no where near over weight
B) Im married
C) My wife has kids one of which will be 18 soon and wont matter.
D)Im educated and smart, and willing to be be the best Marine I can be.

This doesnt seem to be a very fair question and answer session. I respect you all and your answers, I wish you could answered mine better. Or even read my first post instead of correcting my capitization, and basicly over looking my questions. Im not trying to be a know it all hear or I wouldnt have joined and posted this in the first place.

Wyoming
05-31-10, 05:50 PM
Occupation
Walmart* cashier

Age 25

Wife a bit older, which is no problem, but dude, check your attitude.

Right at this precise moment, Click Here (http://goarmy.com/) or Here (http://airforce.com/).

tdwendt
05-31-10, 05:55 PM
No atttitude, sorry if im coming off like that.

If i wanted army or air force I would have gone to there forum. I have the utmost respect to the Corps, in my mind you ARE the military and the other branches are your support. i would really just like some clean cut answers for you all.

did i not state them correctly?or clear enough?

tdwendt
05-31-10, 05:57 PM
I would go back and edit my post but it wont let me.

Wyoming
05-31-10, 06:06 PM
No atttitude, sorry if im coming off like that.

If i wanted army or air force I would have gone to there forum. I have the utmost respect to the Corps, in my mind you ARE the military and the other branches are your support. i would really just like some clean cut answers for you all.

did i not state them correctly?or clear enough?

Ok, I gotta go chase a burka, so this is me last.

Ditch the attitude.

... and lastly, the Maureen Corpse does not need to sell. They ain't buying what you got, either.

tdrt
05-31-10, 06:13 PM
Eagle Scout and your 2-year degree should get you PFC out of boot.

Other than that, your 2-year degree will not help in OCS. If the credits will transfer into a 4-year college, then you may have that option also of finishing your degree there. Keep in the mind your age, though. Always have the option of enlisting Reserves, complete your degree, then transfer to Active and/or apply for OCS if that is what you want to do.

Best option: go and talk to a recruiter. We are not recruiters here and can only offer advice. However, we cannot provide definitive answers.

Lisa 23
05-31-10, 06:16 PM
And agreeing with what Big Al has already said......lose the attitude.

We're not recruiters here, and we can only try and give the best possible advice to ones questions. The best answers you will get is by talking with a recruiter face-to-face.

tdwendt
05-31-10, 06:35 PM
Eagle Scout and your 2-year degree should get you PFC out of boot.

Other than that, your 2-year degree will not help in OCS. If the credits will transfer into a 4-year college, then you may have that option also of finishing your degree there. Keep in the mind your age, though. Always have the option of enlisting Reserves, complete your degree, then transfer to Active and/or apply for OCS if that is what you want to do.

Best option: go and talk to a recruiter. We are not recruiters here and can only offer advice. However, we cannot provide definitive answers.

Thank you. Im pretty sure all my basic college stuff will transfer(aka english, math, psyc, science ect) only my automotive stuff wont. wolud i still qualify for OCS if i enilst for reserves and get another 2year degree?
Right now the plan is reserves at least untill the kids are out of the house and going to college or whatever they decide to do, Then AD/OCS if i want to at that point.

Idk what happened, but one day I woke up about 3-4 months ago and something told me I "need" to seriously consider enlisting in the USMC. My wife understands to a point and will be with me 100% in my decision. Has this happen to any of you?

Advise is what i came here for.
i will bring all this up to the recruiter this coming week.

Zulu 36
05-31-10, 06:56 PM
Thank you. Im pretty sure all my basic college stuff will transfer(aka english, math, psyc, science ect) only my automotive stuff wont. wolud i still qualify for OCS if i enilst for reserves and get another 2year degree?
Right now the plan is reserves at least untill the kids are out of the house and going to college or whatever they decide to do, Then AD/OCS if i want to at that point.

Idk what happened, but one day I woke up about 3-4 months ago and something told me I "need" to seriously consider enlisting in the USMC. My wife understands to a point and will be with me 100% in my decision. Has this happen to any of you?

For OCS, you do not need another associates degree. You need a bachelors degree. Two associates degrees do not a bachelors degree make.

However, many of your credits should transfer to a university program and apply toward a bachelors degree.

Big Jim
05-31-10, 07:46 PM
well, that's a given. The question now is: do I accept you? LOL

WOW....what we talkin bout here....pickin out curtains or throw pillows...? If so...I'm out...!!! LOL....

tdrt
05-31-10, 08:49 PM

Your basics should transfer but that will depend on the college/university but you can plan on not all credits transferring. Like Zulu said, it has to be from a 4-year degree from an accredited college or univeristy, no Associates will do. But the mechanic background will certainly help with MOS selection.

Another to consider is that you can finish your degree while on active duty or like I said before, go Reserves while going to college. Regardless if you plan on using the degree to become an officer or not, a college education is something that will never be wasted.

It's basically going to depend on how bad you want to be a Marine and by that I mean by trying to enlist now or wait another 3 years to finish your degree.

As far as waking up to the "need" to seriously consider enlisting, your life is calling you. Depends on you whether or not you answer.

My advice: start getting into shape, drop the weight, and talk to a recruiter face-to-face soon because even if you went tomorrow and were accepted, got the waivers, etc., you still would not even ship to bootcamp for another 6 months or longer and possibly into next year.

tdrt
05-31-10, 08:50 PM
WOW....what we talkin bout here....pickin out curtains or throw pillows...? If so...I'm out...!!! LOL....

well, the throw pillows would be on my bed....but if you're out of here....

tdwendt
06-01-10, 12:31 AM
Your basics should transfer but that will depend on the college/university but you can plan on not all credits transferring. Like Zulu said, it has to be from a 4-year degree from an accredited college or univeristy, no Associates will do. But the mechanic background will certainly help with MOS selection.

Another to consider is that you can finish your degree while on active duty or like I said before, go Reserves while going to college. Regardless if you plan on using the degree to become an officer or not, a college education is something that will never be wasted.

It's basically going to depend on how bad you want to be a Marine and by that I mean by trying to enlist now or wait another 3 years to finish your degree.

As far as waking up to the "need" to seriously consider enlisting, your life is calling you. Depends on you whether or not you answer.

My advice: start getting into shape, drop the weight, and talk to a recruiter face-to-face soon because even if you went tomorrow and were accepted, got the waivers, etc., you still would not even ship to bootcamp for another 6 months or longer and possibly into next year.

Im not exactly sure what weight i should be at, im by no means over weight but my recruiter should be able to answer this. I have a slight bit of arthritis in my right knee(8 years of football) will this hinder me at all? or can i make it better with exercise, it doesnt bug me all the time.

Im also perfectly ok with not shipping till later or even next year, it will give me time to get ready mentally and phisically. Like i said it was very weird waking up and having that "calling" as you put it. nothing has ever done that to me before. I dont think waiting 3 more years will cut it for me, i feel like if i dont do it now(within the next couple of months) i wont be able to do it. The officer thing was just thrown out in talking with a friend, not sure if thats what i should do but ill consider it. Reserves first then active is the plan. going to talk with the local recruiter this week.

Lisa 23
06-01-10, 08:08 AM
Males

Height----Weight Max----Weight Min
58"------------- 132 -------------- 91
59"------------- 136 -------------- 94
60"------------- 141 -------------- 97
61"------------- 146 --------------100
62"------------- 150 --------------104
63"------------- 155 --------------107
64"------------- 160 --------------110
65"------------- 165 --------------114
66"------------- 170 --------------117
67"------------- 176 --------------121
68"------------- 181 --------------125
69"------------- 186 --------------128
70"------------- 192 --------------132
71"------------- 197 --------------136
72"------------- 203 --------------140
73"------------- 208 --------------144
74"------------- 214 --------------148
75"------------- 220 --------------152
76"------------- 226 --------------156
77"------------- 232 --------------160
78"------------- 238 --------------164
79"------------- 244 --------------168
80"------------- 250 --------------173

http://www.marine-pt.com/maleheightandweight.html

tdrt
06-01-10, 09:03 AM
Im not exactly sure what weight i should be at, im by no means over weight but my recruiter should be able to answer this. I have a slight bit of arthritis in my right knee(8 years of football) will this hinder me at all? or can i make it better with exercise, it doesnt bug me all the time.

Im also perfectly ok with not shipping till later or even next year, it will give me time to get ready mentally and phisically. Like i said it was very weird waking up and having that "calling" as you put it. nothing has ever done that to me before. I dont think waiting 3 more years will cut it for me, i feel like if i dont do it now(within the next couple of months) i wont be able to do it. The officer thing was just thrown out in talking with a friend, not sure if thats what i should do but ill consider it. Reserves first then active is the plan. going to talk with the local recruiter this week.

Great. Let us now how it goes

advanced
06-02-10, 08:31 AM
Well Tom, this isn't a boy scout crowd that you're talking to. If you were really smart you wouldn't come off as such a smart ass.

You say you want to be a Marine from what you've heard about my beloved Marine Corps, but you disrespect the Marine Corps Veterans on this site, many of whom are the very ones that have contributed so much to our gloried past and traditions.

You, a nobody, would rather argue with men that have already proven themselves, men who have already earned the title, many of whom are combat vets. What I see from you is that every time you are asked a question all you do is become defensive and disrespectful. Don't you realize that you are talking to Marines, men who when challenged by a superior for their actions, simply stand tall and say "No Excuse, Sir." This is always our standard answer because we choose not to disrespect ourselves, we each know that there is no excuse.

I realize that what we are telling you is difficult to understand, it makes no sense in your world, but in our world - the world of United States Marines it makes total sense. We even have a saying for this;

From the outside you cannot understand it, and from the inside I cannot explain it to you.

Also, the Marine Corps does not give rank because one was a good boy scout. Most promotions are either meritorious or for time in grade with good scores. Believe me, in the Nam we didn't have any boy scouts leading us (meaning - boy scout = to be naive, innocent, untrained, num nuts, etc.)

Do not become defensive, you asked, chose to learn from us.

tdwendt
06-02-10, 10:03 AM
I'm sorry about some of my responses. Wasn't trying to be disrespectful towards anyone, I want to learn this is why I came to this forum. Yes, the Marines do give you rank advantage for being an eagle scout. Due to how much it takes to become eagle. My best friend is an eagle scout and a former Marine so I know for a fact you get PFC instead of private right out of recruit training. If any of you care I'm going to the recruiter today after work to talk to him about what I have to do to join you. If you want me to post back after I will, if not well I guess ill make this journey with out your advice and wisdom of the Corps

Lisa 23
06-02-10, 10:12 AM
If any of you care I'm going to the recruiter today after work to talk to him about what I have to do to join you. If you want me to post back after I will, if not well I guess ill make this journey with out your advice and wisdom of the Corps

This comment, in my opinion, was uncalled for. Some of you wannabes and poolees need to grow some thick skin already. You all get very defensive when another Marine posts something that you don't like. If you can't handle what's being said here on the internet, then you won't be able to handle what's said to you when and if you make it through boot camp.
Now....take what advice is given to you, whether you like it or not, and move on.

CQB0316
06-02-10, 10:18 AM
if not well I guess ill make this journey with out your advice and wisdom of the Corps

Well then do it, I did.

tdwendt
06-02-10, 10:25 AM
This comment, in my opinion, was uncalled for. Some of you wannabes and poolees need to grow some thick skin already. You all get very defensive when another Marine posts something that you don't like. If you can't handle what's being said here on the internet, then you won't be able to handle what's said to you when and if you make it through boot camp.
Now....take what advice is given to you, whether you like it or not, and move on.

Thanks. I do have tough skin and can handle anything thrown at me. I am taking the advise givin to me.

tdrt
06-02-10, 10:27 AM
Thanks. I do have tough skin and can handle anything thrown at me. I am taking the advise givin to me.

Good. Let us know how it goes.

advanced
06-04-10, 02:14 PM
I guess I've been out of the loop for too long - Ya'll are kidding me right, they give rank now for being a good boy scout?

tdrt
06-04-10, 02:50 PM
I guess I've been out of the loop for too long - Ya'll are kidding me right, they give rank now for being a good boy scout?

Not just for being a Boy Scout, but for the rank of Eagle.

Wyoming
06-04-10, 05:02 PM
Not just for being a Boy Scout, but for the rank of Eagle.

How about the ladies?

Do they gotta soar with an Eagle to get rank?:D

tdwendt
06-30-10, 02:10 AM
Well I'm not sure about the ladies, because their not allowed in BSA. But I've gotten all my paper work started, and have a workout program to help get in shape, along with PT afternoons with my recruiter. It will be a long journey before I go to Parris Island, but according to my recruiting office I should be all set with waivers and ASVAB and MePs in about 8 month so basicly next spring.

Thank you.

tdwendt
06-30-10, 02:11 AM
Well I'm not sure about the ladies, because their not allowed in BSA. But I've gotten all my paper work started, and have a workout program to help get in shape, along with PT afternoons with my recruiter. It will be a long journey before I go to Parris Island, but according to my recruiting office I should be all set with waivers and ASVAB and MePs in about 8 month so basicly next spring.

Thank you.

AdirondackDog
06-30-10, 02:21 AM
That's the exact reason I joined out of high school, I seen the stress my parents were under since the beginning of the recession. I think enlisting as a single person is the best move some one can make. But I just recently had a conversation with my MSgt, and he told me the hardest part about being in the military is having a family to come along. There is alot of things you might miss like birthdays, kids sports game, and so on. Your wife should know what she is getting involved with. I always see sites that are for military wives, and it holds alot of good information try google-ing it. The Marine Corps does do a good job of adressing this problem. Still, divorce rates are through the roof in branches across the board. Im not discouraging you to join, but just giving you the heads up. The best thing to do is let your family know that your job protecting our Country is just as high of a priority as they are.

Lynn2
06-30-10, 06:44 AM
"Im 25 married, and am tired of my current job going no where. My credit sucks, and i want an adventure"

Why do I have this mental picture of some really unhappy E-3, 18 months into his tour, looking for a live round because the decision he thought was going to be such a glorious adventure turns out to be a lot different than that movie that was playing in his head before he joined.

doc h fmf
06-30-10, 08:44 AM
Well If You Cant Be A Marine Do The Next Best Thing Be A Devil Doc Oooooorrrrraaaaaahhhhh

Lynn2
06-30-10, 08:53 AM
Well If You Cant Be A Marine Do The Next Best Thing Be A Devil Doc Oooooorrrrraaaaaahhhhh

Maybe you took a 2nd best job but I sure never did. And no FMF Corpsman I served with did so either.

There is nothing "next best" about being a Doc.

People actually say Devil Doc? How cute.

DrZ
06-30-10, 10:03 AM
first off i want to say hello. I've been thinking of enlisting for a couple of months now.

Im 25 married, and am tired of my current job going no where. My credit sucks, and i want an adventure. I was all set up to enlist when i was 18 but my recruiter decided it was a good idea to mis place all of my paper work when he left for the fleet so when my new recruiter took over and sent me up to meps( i was sent without any of my paper work due to the recruiter not being in town yet and the staff sargent wanting to keep the ball moving) and finding out when i got there that the Marines had no record of me talking to them or taking the asvab i was set back on joining(slightly ****ed off too) due to the fact the the United States Marine Corps could even keep track of my paper work that had complied over the past year. So, i decided to go to school and knew if i ever wanted to the Corps would always be there.

I have a friend that was in and he is no help all he says is "i told you to do this years ago", lot of help buddy. lol

Ive been talking to a current Marine who is on the same car forum as i am and he has been extremly help ful over the past few months with letting me know about the good the bad and the ugly of the US Marines, i cant thank him enough.

My wife says if its something i feel i should do than do it basicly, because of her and the kids(hers from previous marriage ages 15 and 17)(yes we are 13 years apart in age) seriously im considering the reserve aspect of this vs. AD. due to the fact that i wont have to uproot them and drag them all of the country/world with me.(THEY ARE ALL ROOTED HERE PRETTY GOOD AND IT WOULD BE HARD FOR THEM TO MOVE). Ive always had the utmost respect for the Corps and some part of me feels its my turn to Join you and wear the eagle globe and anchor proudly weather it be AD or reserve.

I have yet to talk with a local recuiter because im trying to get all my info first so i weed though all the saleman bs he or she is going to throw at me. Im slightly out of shape but nothing i cant work on before basic.

will my eagle scout rank(boy scouts of america)and my 2 year degree help me at all? im pretty sure that with eagle i will be able to get pfc after basic, not sure if my degree helps anymore or not.?
What about the Officer side of the Corps? could i use my existing degree and just go back for another 2 year degree? or does it have to 4 years for the same degree? not sure if i want to go this route or not its just some thing my Marine friend threw out in convosation yesteday online.

thank you for your time, and i hope to be joining you soon. sorry about the captilization(my keyboard is the crap)

-Tom

Tom,
There was a time...about 40 or so years ago...when the recruiters did throw out quite a bit of BS. Those days are over. Recruiters now will give you the straight scoop. I have talked to many recruiters and they feel no need to sugar coat anything....plus I believe there are standing orders concerning throwing out BS to attempt to fulfill a quota. If you have decided to attempt to become a Marine, you are not looking for sugar coating. Just plan on working hard and getting your butt kicked while earning your Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.

Being a Eagle Scout and having your AA doesn't do much for you. Perhans PFC out of boot but hell...work hard and pick up plenty of brownie points in boot and you may get PFC out of boot anyway.

Attitude is something most people have these days. Believe me.... you will lose that prior to completing boot. Boot is a challenge for all who enter it. I don't care if it was 40 years ago or now. If you go in thinking you know it all...the DI will prove that you can't find your butt in a dark room with both hands!

Join the Elite and earn the title.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

Zulu 36
06-30-10, 12:30 PM
Well I'm not sure about the ladies, because their not allowed in BSA.

I know this is off-topic, but I want to clear this up.

That isn't exactly true about girls not being allowed into BSA. They can join the Venturing program, a co-ed group for kids 14-21 years old. All Venturing Scouts are eligible to earn the Silver Award, which BSA considers to be the equivalent of Eagle Scout. In fact the Silver Award is higher than the Venturing Gold Award specifically because the Eagle Scout medal is also silver. I know a number of girls who have the Silver Award.

It's been my observation that the membership of many Venturing Crews are 50% female, or more. Many are ex-Girl Scouts who got tired of the kumbaya crap in Girl Scouting today. A lot of those girls are tough nuts and can do just about anything thrown their way.

tdwendt
06-30-10, 08:27 PM
This is true except that venture scouts is technicly not boy scouts of america.

And yes my recuiter and his supervisor(gunnery seargent I believe) have been very striaght forward with me about everything.

tdwendt
06-30-10, 08:30 PM
I can't wait for the challenge of boot camp. If I could ship tommorow I would no questions asked. But un fourtunatly I can't.

Zulu 36
06-30-10, 08:50 PM
This is true except that venture scouts is technicly not boy scouts of america.

And yes my recuiter and his supervisor(gunnery seargent I believe) have been very striaght forward with me about everything.

Don't contradict me, wanna-be. Boy Scouts of America is the umbrella organization that covers Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturing Scouts, Sea Scouts, Explorers, and Learning for Life programs. I teach this stuff to new adult leaders all of the time. So Venturing is as much part of BSA as are Boy Scouts.

Besides not having your facts together on BSA, you also need to re-read the site rules and stickies regarding proper grammar and spelling. Invest in a spell check program, it saves a lot of embarrassment.

If you contradict your Drill Instructors like you did me, you are going to find boot camp more of a challenge than you ever thought it could be.

tdwendt
06-30-10, 09:04 PM
Again you are correct. But in a sence its not the same as boy scouts, just like the Marine Corps is a division of the Navy but yet they're completly seperate branches. same principle, wasn't contradicting you at all. I'm sorry if you feel that way.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-02-10, 12:00 AM
1: Spelling

2: You saying you aren't contradicting, then arguing a point, isn't gonna work with him, or ME either. Knock it off and I frakkin mean NOW.

3: A simple 'Thank you' will do at this point, with a promise to not 'err' again. And use either the freakin spell check or a dictionary.

4: This isn't about feeling sorry or exploring your innermost emotions. Your correct response is either "Won't happen again" or "Aye aye". Learn those, live those, and be those. Your first 2 years in the Marine Corps will be much easier if you do. Take THAT to the bank from someone who was a 'Terminal Lance' back in the day before I learned the hard way.

tdwendt
07-02-10, 12:07 AM
Thank you. Ill stop

Sgt Leprechaun
07-02-10, 12:11 AM
Annnnd we have a winnah!

Closed for the good of the order and to avoid dogpiling.

Chalk it up to 'Lessons Learned' and do NOT take it personal.