PDA

View Full Version : When do you get specific MOS?

DevilDogsSon269
05-27-10, 11:08 PM
I searched the forums to find what I was looking for either the title didnt say anything that caught my eye on this subject or there wasnt anything.

How do you get your specific MOS? and When do you get to receive/choose it?

Example if I went to be under rotary mechanics/maintenance contract and I want to be a 6124(Cobra/Huey Powerplant Mechanic) How do I get from Point A to point B on MOS. I realize I have to first pass Recruit Training but, I think I've set my mind on my MOS I want(Its more practical both active and after the Corps) and I just want to make sure I can get what I'm trying to get under my contract(once October comes and I offically get it) Thanks for your time Marines.

firedog974
05-27-10, 11:11 PM
You will learn what your specific MOS is and where you will attend school while in MCT.

DevilDogsSon269
05-27-10, 11:13 PM
Do I get to pick or apply for the one I want?

35334evr
05-27-10, 11:35 PM
Talk to your recruiter. They can help you out alot, they can put what you want in your contract, if spaces are available in that field there is a chance you can get what you want. If there are no space available in that field then try to get somehing in the proximity. You can always try a LAT move if you re-enlist and use it as an incentive.

DevilDogsSon269
05-27-10, 11:58 PM
Thanks Sergeant, and I will talk to Staff Sergeant Drake next day I'm at my RS.