PDA

View Full Version : Tried Marijuana Once

RoderiK
05-23-10, 02:04 AM
Hello Marines,

I hope that someone can help me with this,7 months ago I made a mistake and tried marijuana.Now, should I tell my (future)recruter?I need a drug waiver just that only time?

That is haunting me, because I'm working really hard to get in shape and join

Thank You

P.S:I didn't found any thread with some one in the same situation as mine(only cases where they smoked a lot o marijuana before) and my search tool is not working

thewookie
05-23-10, 07:06 AM
Did you inhale?

Rocky C
05-23-10, 08:43 AM
So did ALOT of Presidents I Hear...............and they got Waived Right into the White House.

sparkie
05-23-10, 08:48 AM
I tried smokin corn silk once, and I got in.

rg2o3
05-23-10, 11:33 AM
Just tell him, you will be fine.

Lynn2
05-23-10, 11:55 AM
A very serious issue this smoking MJ. Important you stay away in the future.

A suggestion. Go through you car and bedroom your buddies car and bed room find every last 1/4 and doobie you can. Leave none behind.

Then pm me and I will give you my address....no strike that mis-type.....I will tell you where to send it... so it can be destroyed properly.

il duce
05-23-10, 12:57 PM
Theres a huge difference between lying and not telling the whole truth... learn it

indygti
05-23-10, 01:41 PM
Smoking dope once isn't a crime against humanity. Unless you pop on a **** test no one cares.

FattyTheFerret
05-23-10, 04:08 PM
Tell him. If it's been seven months it's not going to pop, even with a hair test (which they won't do). Your recruiter will laugh and tell you it's fine, not worth putting on the form and wasting time with a waiver.

Just stay away from it as long as you plan to enlist and while you're in. Wait until your ECC or retirement date to smoke again.

indygti
05-23-10, 05:24 PM
I still don't even think it's even worth mentioning. Especially when you get to boot camp and they pull that "If you don't fess up now we'll find out and you'll get kicked out" crap, which honestly made me laugh at the time.

FattyTheFerret
05-23-10, 06:08 PM
I still don't even think it's even worth mentioning. Especially when you get to boot camp and they pull that "If you don't fess up now we'll find out and you'll get kicked out" crap, which honestly made me laugh at the time.

True. I would mention it to the recruiter just so he knows nothing's being kept from him but yes, unless you've been arrested or there is in some other way some kind of documentation stating that you smoked marijuana, DO NOT admit to its use during that "last chance" opportunity. It's already too late to do anything, they can't find if you were at a party and sitting next to someone smoking pot, hair tests will only back a month and a half per inch of hair you have and there is no such thing as some national medical database where they can access your medical records if you chose not to disclose something.

On that last note, do disclose any medical issues to your recruiter and he will decide what's important enough to put in your file but the point is do not be frightened by that lame "we can find out anything" line. It's just to scare you.

thezero
05-23-10, 06:11 PM
I know a couple guys that smoked pot a lot before they joined but cleaned up with more than enough time prior to enlisting, then you have your waivers for the ones that told their recruiters that it was a lot or MEPs Liason that they smoked

micarr57
05-23-10, 08:52 PM
probably still show inhair sample make sure you shave pubes before boot so they cant get sample there should make for interesting first few weeks. no really u b ok tell recruiter dont smoke no more or they'll hang your ass

kaelobo
05-23-10, 09:06 PM
marry jane,if you want in stop smoken who cares,you want out keep smoken tell everyone.................................usmc