PDA

View Full Version : Promotion 101: Pass the Test!

Captain Kirk
05-22-10, 09:16 PM
I fail this test every time I take it But God's grace is sufficient and I study to fined myself approved and take it again. Each time I get better and better.

See how you do.

TRAINING FOR RESPONSIBILITY, PROMOTION AND REWARD
TIME TEST (or Wilderness/Patience test]:
1. In what area am I tempted to promote myself through short-cuts or compromises?
2. Who is speaking to me and influencing me? Are they God-ordained authorities?
3. Is their goal for righteousness or toward a selfish aim or to manipulate me?
4. Am I willing to wait until God promotes me?
CHARACTER TEST (or Obedience Test):
5. What character weakness has God attempted to expose to me through leaders (Employer,
Mate, Pastor, Parents)?
6. Have I received their instruction or correction as submitted to the Lord?
7. What do I need to repent of and release to God for help to overcome by His grace?
MOTIVATION TEST (or Heart Test):
8. Is my motive to glorify God and His Kingdom or ME?
9. Is my motive more what I can get out of God (who is a Rewarder) or what I can give in
gratitude for all He is done?
10. Do I get offended if I don't get praise or recognition for alii do?
SERVANT/SUBMISSION TEST (or Pride/Diligence Test):
11. Am I willing to do what may seem like a menial task or do I consider myself too good to
serve unless its what I want to do?
12. After I have had success, do I still have a willing heart or do I have a prideful attitude?
13. Am I faithful over little and diligent to do what was asked the way it was asked or do I have
to do it"MY WAY"?
MISUNDERSTANDING TEST:
14. How do I respond when someone misunderstands me and/or accuses me falsely?
15. Have I ever misunderstood someone else's motives and spoke to others in a wrong way
about them? (Confess it and repent.)
16. What can I learn from my own error?
17. Have I forgiven them and blessed them?
DISCOURAGEMENT TEST (or Quitting Test):
lB. Have ( gotten disheartened because I have allowed people or circumstances to deprive me of
courage?
19. Have I "quit" or plan to quit my race, or am I relying on God and staying with the course?
WARFARE TEST (or Word Test):
20. How have I responded to the violent opposition to the promise God gave me? Am I bitter or
better?
21. Am I learning how to win in spiritual warfare through the Word and my words released
against the enemy? Or have I cowered UNDER PRESSURE?
SELF WILL TEST (or "Dying to Self Test")
22. Am I what "I will" or what "HE WILLS"?
23.Am I holding on to my time, talent, and treasures for my will or usinhg them for his?
24.Am I teachable, or do I get defensive or offended if someone corrects me?
PROMOTION TEST (or Frustration test)
25. Am I aggravated with my leaders or God for not promoting mesooner? Or for overlooking me and promoting another?
26. If I truly examine myself, are there areas that may indicate I am not ready for promotion or blessing, as far as my ability to handle it?
LOVE TEST
27. Do I have a critical or harsh attitude towards others?
28. Do I love like Jesus loved? Or do I treat someone well, or say hurtful or critical things about people I don't approve of?
29. Am I jealous in my heart towards another persons promotion or position?
30. Have I intentionally hurt or damaged someones character or gossiped about another?

His Lord Said to him: Well done, my good and faithful servant! You were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your Lord. Matt. 25:21

Blessings to all of you for your constant prayers. Ally is doing quite well.

Blessings on each of you :thumbup:

gkmoz
05-23-10, 06:49 AM
Wow !! Need some serious "resting" in order to be all he would have me to be ? Paul " Wretched man that I am, Who will deliver me from this body of sin "

Captain Kirk
05-23-10, 06:57 AM
Wow !! Need some serious "resting" in order to be all he would have me to be ? Paul " Wretched man that I am, Who will deliver me from this body of sin "

God's grace is "New every morning" Brother. We get to start over each day from scratch. Take the test everyday for 30 days and see how much your score rises. I did and it was nothing short of remarkable.:thumbup:

More important, we complete our assignment and are promoted to a larger assignment each time we do better.

gkmoz
05-24-10, 12:12 PM
Crickets..................... :D