PDA

View Full Version : I have irritable bowl and allergy shots...

Squishy
05-21-10, 01:36 PM
When i wake up early and not naturally my stomach tends to hurt really bad.... I have a irritable bowl and it caused a lot of problems in school and its quite embarrassing. I also get monthly allergy shots. So would they be lenient about it and let me use the restroom as needed? Also would i be able to still get my allergy shots?

SGT7477
05-21-10, 02:15 PM
The shot deal could be a problem along with the chits, are you for real,lmfao?

tdrt
05-21-10, 03:15 PM
Are you on any medication for IBS-D?

Lisa 23
05-21-10, 03:21 PM
How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to....and you may also want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums too.

Military Medical Standards for Enlistment & Commission
Abdominal organs and gastrointestinal system

Small and large intestine.

Current or history of inflammatory bowel disease, including, but not limited to unspecified (558.9), regional enteritis or Crohn’s disease (555), ulcerative colitis (556), or ulcerative proctitis (556), is disqualifying.

Current or history of intestinal malabsorption syndromes, including, but not limited to post-surgical and idiopathic (579), is disqualifying.

Lactase deficiency is disqualifying only if of sufficient severity to require frequent intervention, or to interfere with normal function

Current or history of gastrointestinal functional and motility disorders within the past 2 years, including, but not limited to pseudo-obstruction, megacolon, history of volvulus, or chronic constipation and/or diarrhea (787.91), regardless of cause, persisting or symptomatic in the past 2 years, is disqualifying.

Current or history of irritable bowel syndrome (564.1) of sufficient severity to require frequent intervention or to interfere with normal function is disqualifying.
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/abdominal.htm

Old Marine
05-21-10, 04:04 PM
The Drill Instructors will let you tow a protable ****ter around behind the platoon. Not to worry.

Squishy
05-21-10, 04:30 PM
I do have medication for it but it only helps not prevent i usally don't take the medication and just tough it out. Im willing to deal with my allergies and as long as i can go when i want to, it won't effect how much i wanna be a marine. Thanks for all the quick replys.

Lisa 23
05-21-10, 04:46 PM
Marines is always capitalized.

How about taking this one step at a time. Have you even spoke with a recruiter yet? If not, I suggest you do so. Don't expect to walk right into the recruiters office and say "I want to join the Marine Corps, sign me up and when do I go to boot camp." It doesn't work that way. There's a process to go through first.

martinj
05-23-10, 05:02 AM
HAHA! I hope his username has nothing to do with the question he just asked, i wonder if it has a deeper meaning?

Sgt Leprechaun
05-25-10, 02:04 AM
I see a "DQ" in the future here I'm afraid.

polizei
05-25-10, 04:22 PM
Dude...I have bad stomach problems, but no actual "medical condition." If you have a bad stomach AND IBS, holy hell your life would SUCK in boot. I cannot imagine...

Squishy
06-02-10, 07:54 PM
Haha, Nah I had that name from gaming for a long time. It's not THAT bad. Happens usually when I wake up unnaturally. Doesn't happen every time and I can usually prevent it by just sucking up the pain and occupying my mind. If it does flare up and get bad enough I only have to go once. I think it's triggered by anxiety. Do you know anyone else in the Marines that have IBS? or something similar? If so how did they do? I'd probably get made fun at eh?

Phantom Blooper
06-02-10, 08:01 PM
Oh Shiat!:evilgrin:

firedog974
06-02-10, 08:03 PM
The sniffles and the ****s? That sucks man. I don't know how it is now, but head calls were made at the Di's leisure. They would make you eat chow and pound 2 canteens and wait 2 hours before giving you a head call. A lot of guys ****ed their pants and **** themselves on a regular basis. It sucks, but that is the price of doing business. After all, you would not stop in combat for a head call, would you?

Squishy
06-02-10, 08:15 PM
Hell no! Ha, I got asthma too. I wrestled in high school which is a good foundation. So... that happens a lot? DI's Won't be lenient and and let me run really quick? I'm willing to make up everything I miss + more. I enjoy pushing myself and testing my limits. I really want to be a Marine. So can anyone answer my previous questions?

Thanks Marines.

tdrt
06-02-10, 08:39 PM
Hell no! Ha, I got asthma too. I wrestled in high school which is a good foundation. So... that happens a lot? DI's Won't be lenient and and let me run really quick? I'm willing to make up everything I miss + more. I enjoy pushing myself and testing my limits. I really want to be a Marine. So can anyone answer my previous questions?

Thanks Marines.

Sorry honey, but it doesn't work that way. DIs won't be lenient -- ya gotta hold it. And since IBS is a stress-related condition, you better have a very tight sphincter. I do know of another Marine who has IBS-D. Let me see if I can't find his contact info and have him get in touch with you.

Have you talked to a recruiter yet? He will be able to provide you with more definative answers regarding your medical conditions.

Lisa 23
06-02-10, 08:40 PM
Young man, before you get way ahead of yourself here on what Drill Instructors, not DI's, will and won't let you do in boot camp...have you even talked with a recruiter yet and explained your problem to him/her to see if your condition will require a waiver or is a permanent disqualification?
The Marines who have answered your questions so far are not recruiters, and we can only give you advice. You want answers to your questions, talk with a recruiter face-to-face. Don't call or email.... go to your local RS and talk face-to-face.

Squishy
06-02-10, 08:45 PM
Thanks! That would great. I talked to a recruiter, but i still have to work on my 15 college credits which I'm having a lot of trouble with. I don't have the funds or a working car. So i guess that's my main concern as of now. Hopefully by then I can get over my IBS. Like they say "Mind over matter" our brain is a powerful thing.

sparkie
06-02-10, 08:50 PM
FAIL........Sorry, son. Hopefully your not jivving all this stuff,, But Damm,,,, 3 strikes and your out.

ecfree
06-02-10, 08:58 PM
Hey SQUISH,some good Marine chow,like SOS,will straighten you right out.:thumbup:.................Don't forget to wash it down with some black coffee.:sick:..........