PDA

View Full Version : why do i have to go to MEPS twice?

BCunningham0326
05-19-10, 11:16 AM
My recruiter called yesterday and said i'd be going to MEPS for two days next week, and do something called Q and W? i think thats what he said, maybe QNW, i couldnt hear him that well, and then go back to MEPS the first week of june. i'm 17 right now, so i cant be in DEP until june. why do i have to go twice?

-BC :flag:

SGTBrentG
05-19-10, 12:23 PM
May be because you can't swear in until June when you are 18 if your parents wont sign. Why don't you ask your recruiter? I am sure he will explain it to you.

Phantom Blooper
05-19-10, 12:57 PM
why do i have to go to MEPS twice?

Your special!:evilgrin:

Wyoming
05-19-10, 12:59 PM
Who told you that you had to go twice?

A recruiter?

Sheeit, go ask HIM!

fs19
05-19-10, 01:54 PM
Your special!:evilgrin:

That becomes more apparent every time I read a post from this kid.

Ask your ****ing recruiter.

FattyTheFerret
05-19-10, 02:26 PM
Because you were told to.

Old Marine
05-19-10, 06:26 PM
If your Recruiter says you go, you go.That's the way of the Corps, son.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-20-10, 01:38 AM
Get used to it.

indygti
05-20-10, 06:05 AM
I'm sure there's a logical explanation for why you need to go twice. Just don't expect to know anytime soon.

First to go, last to know!

Quinbo
05-20-10, 06:09 AM
Everyone goes twice. Once to DEP and the second time to ship out. You aint special.

Phantom Blooper
05-20-10, 06:27 AM
My mama used to say there would be days like this...........

And I beg to differ....he is special.............

And I only went one time..... the day I left........

Cause I wasn't special...Troy said the Marine Corps was hard up!

:evilgrin:

Quinbo
05-20-10, 06:38 AM
LOL @ blooper. They asked if I wanted to ship the day I signed and I said can I at least go home and tell my mom I've joined the Marines. I shipped a month later via MEPs.

BR34
05-20-10, 09:42 AM
1st trip will probably be the physical, 2nd trip the swearing in.

or

1st trip the ASVAB, 2nd trip the physical and swearing in.

I went to MEPS 8 or 9 times. I went twice with the army and the rest with the Marine Corps. Two times ain't that bad.

Phantom Blooper
05-20-10, 10:16 AM
http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/secondmeps.htm

And I only went one time..... the day I left........

Went to the federal building downtown it was called AFEES....stayed all day and swore in around 1400 and was on the way to PI at 1800 after 2 trips to the recruiters.

Personally never heard the words poolee,DEP or MEPS uttered until I came on board this site.

They taught you ...forged and molded you...and PT'ed and quarterdeck you in boot camp for ALL your illustrious Marine Corps learning experience.:evilgrin:

tdrt
05-20-10, 11:01 AM

Went to the federal building downtown it was called AFEES....stayed all day and swore in around 1400 and was on the way to PI at 1800 after 2 trips to the recruiters.

Personally never heard the words poolee,DEP or MEPS uttered until I came on board this site.

They taught you ...forged and molded you...and PT'ed and quarterdeck you in boot camp for ALL your illustrious Marine Corps learning experience.:evilgrin:

Wow. I'm impressed you could remember all that. So were you #10? :D

BCunningham0326
05-20-10, 11:27 AM
I never said i was "special." I never asked this in contradiction to what my recruiter told me. I just wanted to know what i was going to do at MEPS that required two different visits.

Lisa 23
05-20-10, 11:33 AM
I just wanted to know what i was going to do at MEPS that required two different visits.

You'll find out when you get there!

Quinbo
05-20-10, 11:35 AM
Your second trip they ask you if you want to take the blue pill or the red pill.

BR34
05-20-10, 11:43 AM
I never said i was "special." I never asked this in contradiction to what my recruiter told me. I just wanted to know what i was going to do at MEPS that required two different visits.

Refer to post 13. It ain't written in braille.

FattyTheFerret
05-20-10, 12:33 PM
Your second trip they ask you if you want to take the blue pill or the red pill.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7783/matrixrevisited.png

BR34
05-20-10, 04:02 PM
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7783/matrixrevisited.png

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CuucyFreZoo/SjcoQfB4gNI/AAAAAAAABnQ/Rb9UrHWIZTI/s400/booo.gif

Phantom Blooper
05-20-10, 04:10 PM
So were you #10?:D

I have always been a ten.........:beer:

Phantom Blooper
05-20-10, 06:56 PM

And you were given answers....some you may not like....some are considered funny and humourous....but for the most part you were told the same thing.

I don't understand why you didn't ask this question to your recruiter when he told you that you will be making two trips to MEPS.....

And if you can't hear him that well CALL him BACK for clarification!

The Marines on this site can answer quite a few question mostly from expeirence....however most of it is dated...there are a few exceptions from Marines just graduating from the depots....however what happened in the Marine Corps yesterday might not be the SOP for today so you need to utilize your recruiter to the full extent.

Quit taking everything so seriously....you will defeat yourself before you even get your career process started.:evilgrin:

Old Marine
05-20-10, 08:50 PM

I'm with you Bloop. Never heard of these places when I enlisted. I just did like the Recruiter said to do and everything worked out. I also knew better to ask questions. I also never heard of being quarterdecked when I was on active duty. We had smokers where we got to get into the ring and knock hell out of our opponent and if we lost the Drill Instructor made sure we did not lose the next time.

SGT7477
05-20-10, 09:06 PM
You are special, the DI's will Love You.:D

SGT7477
05-20-10, 09:07 PM
I have always been a ten.........:beer:

Chuck you know on Okinawa a 10 wasn't good.:D

Phantom Blooper
05-20-10, 09:38 PM
Well right now we are in the US and I am like that movie with Olivia Newton John...10.

tdrt
05-20-10, 10:12 PM
Well right now we are in the US and I am like that movie with Olivia Newton John...10.

Isn't she like 80 now? So how many cornrows you sporting now?