PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions, Ship date? MOS?

Cellinheim
05-17-10, 05:21 PM
I want to be a Linguist. So, my question is; how likely am I to have an opening for this MOS? If I cannot get this MOS, what other MOS's is the Corps looking for right now?

I believe my ship date will be based upon the decision at MEPS, correct? How exactly is the ship date figured?

P.S. On a side note, the last topic of discussion I posted, has been cleared up. Thanks in advance for everyones input.

BR34
05-17-10, 05:25 PM
Call or visit:

15155 U.S. 19, Thomasville, GA‎
(229) 226-6667‎

Cellinheim
05-17-10, 05:33 PM
This would appear to be Staff Sergeants Ghee's contact information. 0.o... could this be you on the other end of this discussion? I am sorry, I tend to get silly sometimes. Yes I am in contact with my recruiter on a ... nearly daily basis. He has so far been a really cool guy, and really working hard with me at this point. I am merely an inquisitive individual who likes to research... Thanks ahead of time again .

BR34
05-17-10, 05:35 PM
My point is, the questions you asked are best answered by a recruiter.

Cellinheim
05-17-10, 06:14 PM
Understood.

Lisa 23
05-17-10, 06:25 PM
This would appear to be Staff Sergeants Ghee's contact information. 0.o... could this be you on the other end of this discussion? I am sorry, I tend to get silly sometimes. Yes I am in contact with my recruiter on a ... nearly daily basis. He has so far been a really cool guy, and really working hard with me at this point. I am merely an inquisitive individual who likes to research... Thanks ahead of time again .

How about Marine. :evilgrin:

Cellinheim
05-17-10, 06:36 PM
Fixing immediately.

Cellinheim
05-17-10, 06:40 PM

The above quote contained a term, "guy." This term is understood to have instead been, Marine. This potential recruit will not make this error again. This potential recruit should not have mad this error in the first place, seeing as it was in the posting guidelines. This recruit will not be so careless in the future. Thank you "WMarine" for pointing out my lack of care in the precedent.

Cellinheim
05-17-10, 06:56 PM
The above quote contained a term, "guy." This term is understood to have instead been, Marine. This potential recruit will not make this error again. This potential recruit should not have mad this error in the first place, seeing as it was in the posting guidelines. This recruit will not be so careless in the future. Thank you "WMarine" for pointing out my lack of care in the precedent.

"recruit" > should have been "potential recruit"

"mad" > should have been "made"

Lisa 23
05-17-10, 07:49 PM
No need to go into detail about the correction. A simple "understood, and I'll be sure to say Marines next time" would've been fine! :thumbup:

temarti
05-17-10, 08:45 PM
Lol

CplGiraffe
05-17-10, 11:36 PM
Obviously your recruiter is the one who can tell you if the job is available, but remember you must qualify first with a high enough ASVAB and also take the DLAB and pass that. Chances are there are never enough qualified poolees to be linguists and you can probably get the job. But that's not a guarantee. Your ship date will be what MEPs tells you, and it is figured literally on when there is a spot open at boot camp.