PDA

View Full Version : Marine Security Guard

Enlisted
05-14-10, 12:45 PM
I just did a quick Wikipedia search on MSG and it seems like it would be tough to get in. About 1,000 at 148 posts. I would assume this is either because no one wants to do it, or, more likely, it's hard to get into.

I also tried a search on here but the function doesn't seem to be working very well for me.

Also, what are the requirements? Could I get that MOS with my first enlistment or is that unlikely?

Just looking for more info on MSG.

Thanks Marines!

DanM
05-14-10, 04:33 PM
Maybe I'm just getting old,but how many pages do you need from a simple Google search to find the information you are looking for.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-02,GGLD:en&q=Marine+Security+Guard++site:leatherneck%2ecom

Lisa 23
05-14-10, 04:36 PM
DanM, these wannabes and poolees should show some initiative on their part by doing a search "first" on the site and google. If the search bar isn't working for them here on Leatherneck, the should PM one of the mods...thedrifter, jinelson or Sgt Leprechaun...and let them be aware of this.

MSG has been covered many times before.

DanM
05-14-10, 04:44 PM
Search functions in forums are notorius for providing little information to specific questions. The Mods have no control on this matter,it is the way the forum software is programed.

But for those who do not know,Google does have a site specific function button.

Enlisted
05-14-10, 05:02 PM
Search functions in forums are notorius for providing little information to specific questions. The Mods have no control on this matter,it is the way the forum software is programed.

But for those who do not know,Google does have a site specific function button.

I'll work on that now. Thank you sir.

TinDragon
05-15-10, 08:34 PM
From what I hear, MSG is a little difficult to get into but they are looking for a lot of people (I guess it'd be a mix of "harder to get into" and "not getting the numbers they want") You could get it in your first enlistment, but probably not until after your first two years at a duty station.

polizei
05-15-10, 08:37 PM
I'm a 5811, so we got MSG briefs at Leonard Wood. It's pretty tough to get into, from what I remember. It seemed like if you had any "old baggage" they denied you. Pretty much have to be clean. Seemed pretty sweet though...if I was single and active, I would have gone for it. Seemed like a hell of a time!

brian0351
05-15-10, 10:26 PM
MSG Duty is the best duty in the Marine Corps.

Is it very strict on who they let into the program. Yes...old baggage will come back to haunt you. Even though you got waivers to get into the Marine Corps, those waivers would be enough to disqualify you.

I did the MSG brief with a friend. I got a school slot while my friend didn't. He had 6 speeding tickets in 2 years...so they said that showed a "lack of maturity".

And the general rule is at least 2 years on station with at least one deployment. (If your infantry)

Enlisted
05-18-10, 10:14 PM
Great info, thank you all.

My record is very clean... no tickets, police involvement or anything. Wanting to be a police officer has kept me in line, along with my dad being an officer of course.

I think I will just focus on becoming a Marine, learning my first MOS, and then maybe during a second enlistment (if I do a second one) trying to do that.