PDA

View Full Version : Any other avionics poolees?

Andrew09
05-12-10, 10:01 PM
I'm supposed to go into 6324 and was wondering who else is in the avionics field and how they feel about it?

Yonkers
05-13-10, 01:40 PM
I'm going 6167, if that counts.

Andrew09
05-13-10, 05:01 PM
I'm going 6167, if that counts.

Aircraft maintenance would count, I assume.

MarinesFTW
05-13-10, 07:54 PM
60/61/62XX Here...

SemperEsurio
05-13-10, 11:34 PM
I am on an Aviation Mechanic contract. However, I really wanted to be a Crew Chief. Now with less than 3 months to ship I am praying to sweet baby Jesus I will get the change I requested.

ds11
05-14-10, 09:09 PM
I am on an Aviation Mechanic contract. However, I really wanted to be a Crew Chief. Now with less than 3 months to ship I am praying to sweet baby Jesus I will get the change I requested.

I have a rotary wing crew chief contract. I'm quite excited I must say. I will more than likely be working with some of my brothers friends. He is a 1st LT. They are all pilots, fixed wing and rotary aircraft.

Andrew09
05-14-10, 09:57 PM
I have a rotary wing crew chief contract. I'm quite excited I must say. I will more than likely be working with some of my brothers friends. He is a 1st LT. They are all pilots, fixed wing and rotary aircraft.

I wish I had my MOS in writing. It's not in my contract. I have it sitting right here in front of me and it says nothing about MOS. Just enlistment length.

Edit: but I'm also a reservist.

SemperEsurio
05-15-10, 02:07 PM

You're lucky. I only wish I knew what I do now when I was signed up in October. Just wondering, though, What was your asvab score?

DevilDogsSon269
05-16-10, 12:35 AM
everyone on here are 6xxx you dont know exactly what you are until you get the chance to choose youre job in boot. But Im shooting for 6124 cobra/huey mechanics. I had a cousin who did it and said its a great job but the shift rotation Sux. Good luck all.

Andrew09
05-16-10, 11:57 AM
everyone on here are 6xxx you dont know exactly what you are until you get the chance to choose youre job in boot.

Nope. Reservists get their MOS in contract. Active duty is what your describing.

asherdasher114
05-16-10, 12:29 PM
Andrew - in your signature it says your mos is 6324, but in a previous post you said you don't have it in writing. So is your signature just what you're hoping you get? You also ship in November, and I know the jobs, at least in my RS, are already coming out for January 2011, so you might want to talk to your recruiter about getting a mos in your contract asap.

Andrew09
05-16-10, 12:41 PM
Andrew - in your signature it says your mos is 6324, but in a previous post you said you don't have it in writing. So is your signature just what you're hoping you get? You also ship in November, and I know the jobs, at least in my RS, are already coming out for January 2011, so you might want to talk to your recruiter about getting a mos in your contract asap.

When I made that previous post that your referring to I was not aware that I DID actually have it in writing--because after I posted that I called my recruiter and he said I signed the papers for my MOS down at MEPS while with my liaison, and as soon as he told me that, I remembered signing those very papers. Haha, so it was just an error on MY part (that day at MEPS was a LONG day).. I DO have my job in writing. And your right, the jobs (at least for me, as a reservist applicant) have been released for the units nearest me. I'm not sure how it is on the AD side since I have many poolee friends with open contracts for that reason.. being jobs aren't available yet. I don't have a full understanding of how it all works, if one of the Marines want to PM me and fill me in.. or another more enlightened poolee knows.. please feel free to explain.

asherdasher114
05-16-10, 03:30 PM
Yeah, the whole job thing is a bit confusing to me too. I know that the fiscal year starts in October. It seems that the jobs for the new year start coming out in May and continue to trickle in through the summer until all the jobs for the next year are out. I was supposed to leave in January, but am now waiting until April so I can finish my masters and not have to worry about trying to get it done while I'm enlisted, so I currently have an open contract. My recruiter said jobs for that time probably won't be out until like July.

sparkie
05-16-10, 04:31 PM
Swing with the wing,,,,,,,,,, baby.

XXX

ds11
05-17-10, 12:51 AM
You're lucky. I only wish I knew what I do now when I was signed up in October. Just wondering, though, What was your asvab score?

If you are referring to the AFQT score, I can't really remember what it was. My line scores needed for that particular MOS field however were "through the roof" according to the Liaison. MM mainly.

DevilDogsSon269
05-30-10, 11:40 AM
Nope. Reservists get their MOS in contract. Active duty is what your describing.

you don't get a specific MOS as a reservist. depending upon where you live as a reservist decides what your allowed to have as you MOS. Like here in Tally. I believe Tally Reservists are ALL MP. You get choice when you tell where your living as a Reservist. You don't get the gung ho choice all active duty get. You'll regret not being active duty, most do. Also no one gets Speific MOS until MCT. Your contracts cover a lot of mos and you don't yet unless your like a UZ or something get mos right into RT.

DevilDogsSon269
05-30-10, 11:42 AM

Jobs come out in October for the 2011 year not January.

DevilDogsSon269
05-30-10, 11:46 AM
When I made that previous post that your referring to I was not aware that I DID actually have it in writing--because after I posted that I called my recruiter and he said I signed the papers for my MOS down at MEPS while with my liaison, and as soon as he told me that, I remembered signing those very papers. Haha, so it was just an error on MY part (that day at MEPS was a LONG day).. I DO have my job in writing. And your right, the jobs (at least for me, as a reservist applicant) have been released for the units nearest me. I'm not sure how it is on the AD side since I have many poolee friends with open contracts for that reason.. being jobs aren't available yet. I don't have a full understanding of how it all works, if one of the Marines want to PM me and fill me in.. or another more enlightened poolee knows.. please feel free to explain.

you might want to not let your recruiter BS you. You dont choose MOS at MEPS you get it once you get back to your recruiter. Liasons dont even have the list. You choose your job after your Armed Forces swear in once back at the station.

topless617
05-30-10, 12:14 PM
Im going reserves, in my case, my recruiter gave me the list of jobs available to me before my first trip to MEPS, then once at MEPS my Liason had it in writing and I signed the papers/

DevilDogsSon269
05-31-10, 02:58 AM
maybe its different then what I was told? Idk.