PDA

View Full Version : Question about child care while im at bootcamp.

Dustin Griffith
05-11-10, 02:49 PM
Is there any assitance my wife can get for childcare for our 2 year old daughter while im at boot camp, so she can continue to work?

Thanks, Dustin

tangovictor87
05-11-10, 06:05 PM
Jody will be helping her out plenty! :banana:

Haha, I'm just fvckin' with you. There is no government assistance available that I know of. You will be able to send money home while in boot camp. Keep in mind as an E1/ E2 you will not be making a whole lot and you will need to buy supplies at the PX (Socks, shirts, razor blades...)

I would suggest putting a little away now. At least enough for 6 months. Hope that helps.

Lisa 23
05-11-10, 06:16 PM
The only thing I can suggest to you is if there is any public assistance in the county you live in. They may be able to help with food stamps, and they may be able to help you out with these 2 programs out there called WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) and CHIP (Childrens Health Insurance Program). Hopefully, WIC and CHIP, is available in the state you live in.
Doesn't hurt to ask.

Kegler300
05-11-10, 06:19 PM
Grandparents? You're not going to have the monetary assets to pay the exhorbitant costs of daycare from boot camp.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-11-10, 09:40 PM
That's for sure. Also why nowadays recruiters insist on a 'family care plan' before the poolee even ships.

firedog974
05-11-10, 09:46 PM
Is there any assitance my wife can get for childcare for our 2 year old daughter while im at boot camp, so she can continue to work?

Thanks, Dustin

Like WMarine said, look for programs in you area. Here in Fl if your wife makes less than 45k a year, she could get free childcare while you are gone. Of course, that is a local program here in Fl, so check to see what they have in your area.

MicMarine
05-12-10, 12:35 PM
Friends and family, church, then the government. Tango has a great idea, i.e. proper planning prevent pi$$ poor performance. Don't plan on being able to send an allotment home for about a month, if they let you.