PDA

View Full Version : My recruiter hasn't/won't contact me

BCunningham0326
05-11-10, 11:41 AM
he met with me and my family at my house back on April 2nd, and he talked about a MEPs date in June, and that's it. i texted him once asking him about OccFld and MOS requirements etc., and he said he's been real busy and will call me in a bit. that was 4:30 P.M. May 7th. is he trying to ignore me or something? or wait til the last minute so i cant pick a MOS or OccFld i want.

i hate to sound like i'm whining, but i just want to know if i'm waisting my time with this or not.

thanks

-BC

tdrt
05-11-10, 11:57 AM
You're not wasting your time. He is just very busy and he certainly isn't waiting until the last minute so you can't get the MOS you want. May 7th was only 5 days ago, so he just probably got caught up with something.

Just keep trying to reach him or go into his office and see him.

Lisa 23
05-11-10, 12:02 PM
Instead of texting him, why don't you go to the office and talk with him face-to-face. That usually works better and shows more initiative on your part!
Being that he hasn't gotten back in-touch with you, what else did you tell him when you spoke? Do you have a high school diploma or a GED, any problems medically or criminally that might require a waiver, do you need to lose any weight?

BCunningham0326
05-11-10, 12:09 PM
I don't have any medical problems, and since I'm only a Junior right now, I'll be in DEP. Setting up a MEPs date is the only thing he mentioned regarding enlistment. And it was very brief.

Lisa 23
05-11-10, 12:15 PM
I don't have any medical problems, and since I'm only a Junior right now, I'll be in DEP. Setting up a MEPs date is the only thing he mentioned regarding enlistment. And it was very brief.

You not in the DEP until you've gone through the whole process of MEPS and everything is good to go with you, and get an actual ship date.

Read this to give you an idea of what to hopefully expect......

Introduction

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/recruiter.htm

The best way to get anwsers is to go and see a recruiter and talk with him/her face-to-face. The Marines here have no idea why he isn't getting back in-touch with you.

CplGiraffe
05-11-10, 05:34 PM
Did he mention anything about how you must hit a certain date before you can go to MEPs as a Junior in high school... if I remember it is June 1 or so. He probably isn't trying to rush you because you really can't do any more yet. But as the others said, go see him.

Wyoming
05-11-10, 08:34 PM
Nice picture on your profile there, BCunningham0326. A lot of REAL Marines use the same.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-11-10, 09:42 PM
Mmmm.....Please change that profile Pic ASAP. You don't rate that particular one, as you haven't yet EARNED IT.

And, as WMarine said, you are better off making a personal visit to the recruiter. Texting and all that is not going to really do much for you.

MicMarine
05-12-10, 12:47 PM
WMarine hit the nail on the head. If he hasn't contacted you, you need a face to face. Texting, I would laugh at. Remember if you need a waiver, that could be the issue, or are you 17 and mom and dad don't want to sign.

MossMC, every district is different. Some you can the day the current senior class graduates, so if the class of 2010 graduates today he could go today. Sometimes you have to wait till the 183 day of the year, July 2nd. Some the pick the "magic date".