PDA

View Full Version : Moral Waiver

Cellinheim
05-07-10, 08:42 PM
I understand that at this point in time a waiver is not something one would come by so easily. For a &quot;potential recruit&quot; to even be considered for one by his recruiter is something to be prized. <br />

TunTvrnWarrior
05-07-10, 08:51 PM
You dont know unless you try. It has been seven productive years since then. You are now married and have some college. You may be asked "What did you learn from it?". I would say go for it and see what happens. You may want to get character references in case they ask for them.

Cellinheim
05-07-10, 08:56 PM
As for character references, I am attempting to locate my SNSI LCDR Larry Parker (served as enlisted in the Marine Corps prior to earning his Commission in the Navy, if memory serves) from my R.O.T.C. days, I remember Him saying many. many times, " One day you are going to be one hell of a marine Lee!"

Would you be able to offer any other suggestions on "character" references?

*post edited because I left the question mark out of the last sentence.*

TunTvrnWarrior
05-07-10, 09:03 PM
friends of family that were officers, professors, doctors, lawyers, etc....

tdrt
05-08-10, 07:22 AM
I'm sorry but I had to laugh. My brother shot me is the a$$ with a BB gun once, and we also had some knife throwing incidents. I was a brat. It happens. We lived. <br />
<br />
But seriously, this should...

fjmas1976
05-08-10, 02:15 PM
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Ha....sorry. Couldn't resist. All the posts before offer good advice. Keep pushing and stay positive.:usmc:

Sgt Leprechaun
05-11-10, 01:23 AM
It's going to depend, really, on the severity of the charges. Some may be waiverable...others, not so much.