PDA

View Full Version : Could use some help (Poolee Contract)

nomnom27
05-03-10, 06:00 AM
So I became a poolee on 20100412, and I think i made a mistake on my contract. My MOS is 3533 reservist 4x4. I recently just found out that i do not get the Montgomery G.I. and I cannot be on active duty or else i would be active reserve, and I cannot get any benefits for college. My question is Is it possible to switch my contract from reservist to active duty before my ship date?

Thank You

Ed Cho

nomnom27
05-03-10, 06:12 AM
Forgive me marines, I forgot my greeting on my post.

Lisa 23
05-03-10, 09:53 AM
Forgive me marines, I forgot my greeting on my post.

I can't help you with your questions, but when using the word Marines, it will always be capitalized.

tdrt
05-03-10, 10:28 AM
So I became a poolee on 20100412, and I think i made a mistake on my contract. My MOS is 3533 reservist 4x4. I recently just found out that i do not get the Montgomery G.I. and I cannot be on active duty or else i would be active reserve, and I cannot get any benefits for college. My question is Is it possible to switch my contract from reservist to active duty before my ship date?

Thank You

Ed Cho

You're going to have to ask your recruiter.

crazymjb
05-03-10, 01:28 PM
I've never heard of a reservist who cannot be deployed, what would be the point of that? The Montgomery GI bill is available to you if you signed a 6+2 contract, the Post 9/11 GI bill is available after a deployment. It gets very complicated, but basically someone told you something funny. Even if you signed a 4+4 in the reserves, you would still be deploy-able and subsequently eligible for the post 9/11 GI Bill at 50% after 1 deployment, but not the Montgomery GI bill.

Again, AFAIK, there is no such thing as a non-deployable reservist, unless they are broken.

Mike

nomnom27
05-03-10, 03:36 PM
Thank you Marines for your input, I have gotten contact with my recruiter and she has told me it is possible to make a switch. But there is hell to pay for it >.<, I guess I jumped the gun on signing the contract and didn't have time to think about it till now. But hopefully it'll get fixed. Thank You all I will come back and tell you Marines what happens next.

-Edson Cho