PDA

View Full Version : Graduates

BrianW
05-02-10, 08:42 AM
How do you cope? I have 99 days until I ship and it's going by slower everyday. Other than exercising and the Poolee functions I have nothing better to do. Unless I get this summer job, this is going to be one long summer. On top of that my Mom has the personality of a bi-polar 9th grade female. How are you guys passing by the time..?

jburke1983
05-02-10, 03:46 PM
How do you cope? I have 99 days until I ship and it's going by slower everyday. Other than exercising and the Poolee functions I have nothing better to do. Unless I get this summer job, this is going to be one long summer. On top of that my Mom has the personality of a bi-polar 9th grade female. How are you guys passing by the time..?

Let's see.. how do i cope? I mostly just use a healthy mix of alcohol and sleep.
Enjoy the free time while you have it man. Pretty soon the days of being able to do things like exercise for fun are going to come to an end. I'm just trying to enjoy myself before I leave (while being careful not to get into any trouble). I have no experience with Boot Camp, but I've been thinking it's better to go into a stressful situation like Recruit Training relaxed rather then already stressed out.

BrianW
05-03-10, 11:08 AM
Guess you're right.

sparkie
05-03-10, 09:32 PM
I'm about to cry for youall,,,,,,,,,,,,

devantelj
05-03-10, 09:41 PM
I leave in 3 weeks. I'm a college frosh so I have finals next week. Move into my apartment the following week and I have exactly 4 days to relax and "shoot the breeze"...I remember when i had like 60 days and that took forever.

Yonkers
05-04-10, 12:12 PM
I listen to a lot of music... hang out with a lot of friends.. it seems that I've grown closer to my friends cause we aren't going to be able to see each other for a long time, so basically living it up. Of course I work out every 2 days at least, as well as try and ask everyone I know about referrals for the meritorious promotion, bringing a kid up today to hopefully make up his mind.

Oohrah Devildog
05-04-10, 03:27 PM
I remember when I had 6 months and now I ship out sunday. As soon as you hit the 30 day mark the time of drunken nights and doing stuff like paint balling or going to the race track are limited so enjoy it while you have the time now its time for BOOT CAMP !!!

Yonkers
05-05-10, 08:33 PM
I remember when I had 6 months and now I ship out sunday. As soon as you hit the 30 day mark the time of drunken nights and doing stuff like paint balling or going to the race track are limited so enjoy it while you have the time now its time for BOOT CAMP !!!

Yeah, im about to hit my 90 day mark and I already feel things moving a ton faster.

MonroeS
05-05-10, 08:49 PM
I DEP'd in on Jan 5th. My original shipdate was Sept. 20th, but the GySgt. at my RSS managed to get it moved up to June 1st about 2 months ago. 3 months felt like it was going to take forever, but now that I'm under 30 days the time is freakin' FLYING. Enjoy your free time while you have it.

BrianW
05-06-10, 11:35 AM
Close to hitting the 90 day mark. Well I just got the summer job soooo I'm good now. May 15-July 30. And I just got my car fixed, my solitary is finally over..

Oohrah Devildog
05-06-10, 11:48 AM
4 days baby Paris Island here i COME

BrianW
05-06-10, 04:31 PM
Good luck! Wonder how I will be when its less than 30 days

usmc gramz
05-06-10, 06:41 PM
yea i leave on 20100517 in less than 10 days... And basically I've been waiting since January for this opportunity.. I remember when I had 90 days and I dreaded the wait, but trust me I met a lot of people worked out on a daily basis and set a schedule to get myself into good shape for basic.. Now i feel very well prepared and feel more than ready to tackle recruit training... So long story short trust me the time will fly by, just make sure you enjoy yourself but get ready for one hell of a ride

lmm11205
05-06-10, 08:09 PM
working out to get in shape really helps. Ive lost 35 lbs since deping and my weight and ist goals plus helping my fiance plan our wedding takes my mind off the wait completely. I'm getting married a month before i leave and i've already booked my honeymoon to jamaica. ill be leaving for boot like 2 weeks later. Im going to one island to the next haha.

BrianW
05-07-10, 09:44 AM
I've lost 50 so I know. Exercising keeps the sanity honestly. Throw on some A7x and get to work!

lol edit: I'll be a bachelor till I'm like 50 haha.

Drill for life
05-07-10, 09:14 PM
I got 38 days left, I'm studying for finals and getting ready for HS graduation. I have to pick a replacement in JROTC next week. I do a lot of church activities so it usually keeps my mind of the time and helps the days fly bye.

alphasquirrel
05-07-10, 09:31 PM
I work out. Take care of my house, my husband, my son. I do laundry, vacuum, run to appointments, pay bills, clean, organize..

I hurt my knees and am going to physical therapy so I'm very glad that I have 159 days to go before I ship because that gives me plenty of time to get my knees back in shape before I leave. I have physical therapy twice a week and lots of other stuff to keep me busy.

My days FLY by. I can't believe it's already been nine months since I first walked into a recruiter's office. These next five months are going to FLY by!

emayer
05-09-10, 04:41 PM
I have finals this coming week so that has helped keep me busy so far... I also got engaged to my girlfriend of seven years recently so planning a wedding and working to save up money for a wedding has taken up a great deal of my time also... After this week I am going to make up a workout routine for myself to work out at least 5 days a week to keep getting myself back in shape and I also have a lot to memorize before I ship on 20101025...

lmm11205
05-09-10, 05:03 PM
I have finals this coming week so that has helped keep me busy so far... I also got engaged to my girlfriend of seven years recently so planning a wedding and working to save up money for a wedding has taken up a great deal of my time also... After this week I am going to make up a workout routine for myself to work out at least 5 days a week to keep getting myself back in shape and I also have a lot to memorize before I ship on 20101025...

We have the same ship dates and similar situations!:flag::thumbup: