PDA

View Full Version : Roles for females in the Marine Corps?

col657
05-01-10, 03:28 PM
Before I start, since I have the opportunity to communicate with you, I want you to know I truly respect the work you are doing and sacrifice you are making for the safety and freedom of myself and my family.
I am a female who wants to serve. I feel a desire to serve in war as directly as possible. However, I cannot be in the infantry or any other direct combat role. What is the best way to complete my goal of service? What MOS available to women is the most direct contributor to the war effort? Or, am I looking for something that doesn't exist? Do women in the military police really typically serve in the Middle East?
Thank you very much for your time and consideration, I feel comments on this subject from Marines may also help guide other females looking to join.

col657
05-01-10, 03:32 PM
I just reread my post and realized I asked a lot of questions. Any info you have or comment you would like to make is appreciated, you don't have to answer all of that mess. Thanks again!

DanM
05-01-10, 04:04 PM
You can not be in the infantry? Try the link below.

http://womenmarines.posterous.com/?tag=femalecorpsmenteam

col657
05-01-10, 04:48 PM
Thank you for the link! It is an inspiring story.

Komenko
05-01-10, 06:19 PM
Female are allowed in the 13xx field! , Combat Engineers, Heavy Equipment, Bulk fuel, ect..... as for combat though Engineers is the way you would want to go!