PDA

View Full Version : AAV Reserve Crewman's Course

Aurelius33
04-23-10, 11:42 PM
Hello Marines,
While looking for some info about MOS school for AAVs, I came across this website (http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/aasbn/) and it confused me a bit. It says that the AAV Crewman's course is 45 days long. However, at the bottom it says that the Reserve Crewman's Course is only 13 training days long. Is that true? If so, that doesn't really seem like enough time to become proficient at my MOS. Is there something I am missing? I am really hoping it is longer than that.

Any AAV Reservist Marines out there who can clarify this for me? I would be greatly appreciative! Thanks in advance for any replies, Marines!

echo3oscar1833
04-24-10, 12:49 AM
Hello Marines,
While looking for some info about MOS school for AAVs, I came across this website (http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/aasbn/) and it confused me a bit. It says that the AAV Crewman's course is 45 days long. However, at the bottom it says that the Reserve Crewman's Course is only 13 training days long. Is that true? If so, that doesn't really seem like enough time to become proficient at my MOS. Is there something I am missing? I am really hoping it is longer than that.

Any AAV Reservist Marines out there who can clarify this for me? I would be greatly appreciative! Thanks in advance for any replies, Marines!

I'm not sure where you got your information, the reservists go through the same length of schooling as active duty Marines for AAV's. I know I was there, and we had a couple of reservists in 4th Plt at AAS. Sempers :marine:

Aurelius33
04-24-10, 01:33 AM
Awesome, thats what I was hoping. Thank you for your reply LCpl Otten, you always come through with excellent info!

echo3oscar1833
04-24-10, 02:58 PM
Awesome, thats what I was hoping. Thank you for your reply LCpl Otten, you always come through with excellent info!

No problem :thumbup:

Aurelius33
04-24-10, 10:54 PM
I have one more question related to this topic. I am a decent swimmer, so I think I should be okay, but if I am unable to make CWS II swimmer at boot camp will I lose my MOS or will I be given the chance to do it at AAV school?

ttracker65
04-24-10, 11:22 PM
You do need to pass the test in Boot if you are on Contract

ttracker65
04-24-10, 11:27 PM
As to your Info Link I would check with SgtMaj Smith on that one while formal is very short OJT is quit extensive

Aurelius33
04-26-10, 04:37 PM
Thank you for your reply Cpl! If I do not make CWS II what will happen? Will I just be given whatever MOS is available in my city?