PDA

View Full Version : A little update.

Andrew09
04-20-10, 09:09 PM
For those who care or remember my post a while back about having complications getting in being a homeschooler, I have made progress. I go to MEPS tomorrow to do the physical and ASVAB. Probably contracting about May 3rd assuming all goes well tomorrow and Thursday.

I got a new recruiter, old one was sent to Hawaii. The new guy is SSgt Raines, great guy. I have really enjoyed him, he's the fist recruiter that has ever truly been proactive in wanting to make things happen for me. The way I was able to get in as a homeschooler was by supplying attendance records, transcripts, and all other official documents that the state of Georgia required homeschoolers to have to indicate they're following Georgia's standards to the best of their ability. So while I have no accredited diploma, in supplying everything that I have the GnySgt that oversees that office approved it. That said--it means instead of using my 15+ credit hours of college to enlist, I can use it for promotion!

Anyway, things seem to be rolling along nicely. Just wanted to throw this up here to discuss any issues other former homeschoolers may be having.

ARIA
04-20-10, 09:14 PM
Well done bro and good luck dont let anything stop you

Borknagar
04-20-10, 10:22 PM
Congratz, and see you in the fleet!!!

Anything is possible... :)

Andrew09
04-20-10, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys. I'm going reserve though, so fleet? yes.. eventually, but I'm finishing college first. :)

Borknagar
04-20-10, 10:57 PM
Either way, I was wishing success... :D :D :D

P.S. I will see you in the reserve fleet.. :P

Andrew09
04-20-10, 11:50 PM
Either way, I was wishing success... :D :D :D

P.S. I will see you in the reserve fleet.. :P

Lol I appreciate it man.

Yonkers
04-21-10, 08:49 AM
Daaang nice, good job

Andrew09
04-21-10, 04:17 PM
Got a call from my recruiter today, I'm going tomorrow instead of today because there was a "water line bust" down at the MEPS building. It's always something.. haha. Oh well. No big deal.

Borknagar
04-21-10, 05:42 PM
They are testing your nerves and patience... :D

Andrew09
04-21-10, 06:03 PM
They are testing your nerves and patience... :D

Perhaps. If I get down there tomorrow and nothing seems to have had any kind of water damage I may be a little suspicious. Haha.

Mledford
04-21-10, 08:59 PM
Congratulations! This shows you that motivation and determination can get you anywhere. Good job! :D