PDA

View Full Version : Difference between USMC enlisted and commissioned 2nd lieutenant?

rabbit9020
04-09-10, 10:19 AM
I am a 17 year old US citizen and will be graduating from high school at the end of next school year (2011). I am planning on joining the Marine corps after 4 years of college but cannot decide wether to enlist after or do PLC and become a 2nd lieutenant. I know that officers get better salaries, nicer housing, and many other nicer things; but those things are not really as important to me as serving my country. I would like to know the differences between the two paths. As an enlisted I would go to boot camp, then MOS school and infantry school, then what would my life be like? What kind of stations and missions would I carry out? If I did PLC I would hopefully be offered a commission after college and then head to TBS for 6 months, then what would my life be like? What kind of stations and missions would I carry out?
I also had a few questions concernint the PLC program:
When should I get in contact with a recruiter to ensure that I get a spot at a PLC program during my college years?
What are the service obligations after having completed PLC and accepting a commision?
When would I find out wether or not I will be offered a commission?
What should I excpect the first six weeks? second six weeks? And how wil that be different from TBS?
:usmc:
I really do not know a lot about this and would greatly appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you for your time.

Lisa 23
04-09-10, 10:29 AM
You may want to fill out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to. :thumbup: You may also want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums too.
And when suing the word Marine Corps, it will be capitalized at all times.
And do a search on the site, as going enlisted or officer with a college degree has been covered before.

Good luck to you.