PDA

View Full Version : Question about what my contract says.

Dustin Griffith
04-09-10, 12:42 AM
On my contract it says im enlisted into "Marine Corps reserve" my recruiter told me EVERYONES says reserve. Im going to be active duty and I dont want to be reserve so is this correct? Does everyones say Marine Corps reserve?

Thanks ahead of time for any answers.

Nate2004
04-09-10, 02:12 AM
If you just got sworn into the DEP, then yes it will say that. Once you go to MEPs before you ship off, you will be sworn in a second time, and be put on active.

LJ27
04-09-10, 09:05 AM
Mine said that too. DEP is Inactive Reserves I believe.

legioXvance
04-09-10, 10:22 AM
Yep, Inactive Reserves, the time you spend in DEP takes off the time you have to spend after your active duty, if you chose not to reenlist.

dziuky
04-09-10, 10:53 AM
I had this same question when I got home. When I talked to my recruiter he said thats what they do say for the dep. So what everyone has said is true. DOnt wrry youll get active when you go to ship.

Dustin Griffith
04-09-10, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the answers!

Borknagar
04-09-10, 05:42 PM
Because we, the DEPers, are technically speaking in the Inactive Ready Reserves, but spelled out as "Marine Corps Reserve".. :D

MarinesFTW
04-10-10, 12:13 AM
Everyone here is right, if I choose not to reenlist sense I have a 5 year contract, I will only have 2 years IRR left because of my year in the DEP. To bad I plan on making it a career, but then again, I dont want to get ahead of myself.