PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Teeth

Muddyblaster
04-07-10, 10:03 PM
Evening Marines,

I have a quick question. I used the search bar and could not find what I was looking for. My question is can I get my Wisdom Teeth removed while still in DEP with out a Medical Waiver? Thank you in advance.

echo3oscar1833
04-07-10, 10:11 PM
Evening Marines,

I have a quick question. I used the search bar and could not find what I was looking for. My question is can I get my Wisdom Teeth removed while still in DEP with out a Medical Waiver? Thank you in advance.

Probably not, any medical procedures that incure in DEP will have to be reported, and reviewed immediatly. Now I'm going to stress this very much, how bad are they? Do they need removed now?, if not wait trust me when I tell you the Corps will take care of that once you are in. I had mine taken out once I got to MOS school. Granted its not the cushy procedure you would get in the civilian world. None the less the Corps will take care of you. Wait by all means if you can, it may require a cup of suck it up. But if you wanna be a Marine, get used to sucking it up. :thumbup:

Muddyblaster
04-07-10, 10:16 PM
Thank you for the quick post back, I have no pain from them. I was only wondering because my famley are prone to Dry Sockets, I would hate to get them pulled in Boot Camp and get one.

Lisa 23
04-07-10, 10:18 PM
When my nephew was in boot camp last year, June to August, he has his wisdom teeth removed during "team week", which is towards the end of 2nd phase.

echo3oscar1833
04-07-10, 10:19 PM
Thank you for the quick post back, I have no pain from them. I was only wondering because my famley are prone to Dry Sockets, I would hate to get them pulled in Boot Camp and get one.

Yeah Dry Sockets suck, I got that after mine where pulled, but like I said man sometimes you just gotta suck it up a bit. If you can wait, and have them pulled out once your in, drink lots of water that will relieve it alot. I don't think that will be an issue though because trust me the DI's will make sure you get enough water in your system. :marine:

echo3oscar1833
04-07-10, 10:20 PM
Plus you will probably get a day of bed rest, and some vicadin, you'll be aight padawan :D

Muddyblaster
04-07-10, 10:20 PM
Alright, Thank you!

Muddyblaster
04-07-10, 10:28 PM
Alright, Thank you!

Sorry, Thank you Marines!

echo3oscar1833
04-07-10, 10:30 PM
Sorry, Thank you Marines!

Your Fine, don't sweet it, you where quick, professional, and respectful with your questions. :marine:

Quinbo
04-08-10, 06:56 AM
There is a form you fill out prior to going to MEPs and one of the blocks says any type of surgery? You check yes and next to it in the explanation box write wisdom teeth removed. It is no biggy and does not require a waiver.