PDA

View Full Version : Mos 3051, 4341, 4641..

casualdecay
04-07-10, 02:05 PM
I am in a open contract at the moment and am unsure about what MOS i should choose? I have read on this site and on various other sites about these 3 MOS's. The supply administration warehouse clerk I have heard is a good MOS since i will have dibs on nice things and I would be able to barter with other Marines for stuff. According to various Marines. The public affair combat correspondent is a really interesting MOS to me because it is like a journalist and i would be able to take photos of things that are going on with the Marines. Combat camera I think is a cool MOS since i would just be taking photos of Marines and I would love to do that..I apologize in advance if I offended anybody or if my facts are wrong. I just want the opinion of Marines like what MOS is better in their opinion for a person who is considering staying in the Marines for a good while maybe even retire. Hopefully if things go as planned since they don't always do maybe even try to be a Marine Drill Instructor. Just overall which MOS is good for promotion? Thanks in advance for all your help

TinDragon
04-07-10, 03:09 PM
My buddy (met him at Intel school, he ended up getting reMOSd) is now a supply admin, and he says he loves it. He picked up pretty fast, and I guess he's in charge of a lot of Marines right now.

ameriken
04-07-10, 04:40 PM
I was a 3051, granted it was over 30 years ago, so much may have changed.

I have mixed feelings about it. For one, it really does not give you much of a skill to use in the civilian world. It can also be quite boring.

On the upside, you could get sent to an MEU. I was with Bn Supply with 3/9 on Okinawa. Bn Supply provided support (combat gear-known then as deuce gear) for the grunts, plus we got to go on float with the Bn to Japan and the Philippines, which was my most enjoyable time in the Corps. You can pick up rank pretty quickly. I made E-4 right around 18 months in the Corps, then it took a little more than 2 years to reach E-5.

All in all though, if I had to do it again I'd probably choose another MOS.

HOWARDROARK3043
04-07-10, 06:10 PM
--if you go supply admin you will be either a 3043, 3051, 3052,, to be a 3043 you have to have a high asvab score. 3043 pick up fast because they know everything(those that hate,,well to bad)))------ the only time you can barter for gear is on deployment,,,,

TazMatt
04-08-10, 08:18 AM
3051 is a good field to work in of course as has been said it at time can be boring and also doesn't prepare much for life outside military life but I enjoyed every minute of my time in.

surfermarine85
04-09-10, 08:56 AM
I spent my first 4 years as a 4341, and I will admit I hated it. Everyday I thought to myself "jesus why am I doing this when civilians can do the same job" The job title is combat correspondent, but the only way you get to see combat is if you do favors under the desk of your higher ups...metaphor. If you have no desire to deploy or be a real Marine then I say go for it. I came in open contract and got stuck here so I had no say in the matter. Now I'm an EOD tech and love life everyday. Semper