PDA

View Full Version : MEPS Drug Screening

LOLORSKATES
04-05-10, 02:28 AM
* Would have posted this in the previous MEPS based query in this part of the forum but the system told me I hadn't the privileges to do such.

I've refrained from the use of the typical drugs that would get you popped if you were to take the urine test at MEPS. Though my query is what is the standard for 'legal' smoke such as spice?

I will not try and say whoops that I screwed up by smoking legal herbs. I understand what I've done isn't the best for my future.

My recruiter is aware of my former 'glory days' by talking to wannabe's such as myself & actual Marines but he didn't inform me of the situation on spice and I never asked.

Would I find spice on the drug test at MEPS?

Thank you and have a good day.

Lisa 23
04-05-10, 08:20 AM
If you did a search on the site you would've found that smoking spice is a no-no. <br />
You can read this thread in Open Squad Bay, but you cannot post in it. Open Squad Bay is for Marines Only. <br />

Lisa 23
04-05-10, 02:02 PM
Marine Corps bars use of Spice

February 04, 2010
Hope Hodge

A new order from Marine Corps Forces Command explicitly prohibits Marines from using a number of legal substances, including the herbal blend Spice, to achieve an altered state of consciousness or a druglike “high.”

The order, dated Jan. 27, bars Marines from using, possessing, attempting to possess, manufacturing or introducing onto military installations any of 10 substances that cause “legal highs.” Spice and salvia divinorum, including their many aliases, are at the top of the list.

Included are aliases for each of the substances and descriptions of their origins, uses and properties. The order comes three days after a Jan. 24 Daily News article (http://www.jdnews.com/news/restriction-72101-marines-clark.html) about two junior Marines who were told they may face court-martial after obtaining packets of Spice in town and smoking it aboard Camp Lejeune. However, the public affairs director for Marine Corps Installations East, Maj. Nat Fahy, said “the issuance of this order coinciding with recent media reports highlighting Spice has been purely coincidental, as the order has been developed over the last few months.”

The order cites a “disturbing trend of drug abuse” throughout Marine Corps Forces Command and Marines Corps Bases Atlantic. Violations, according to the order, “may results in punitive or adverse administrative action for service members … and may result in adverse administrative actions for civilians.”

A spokesman for Marine Corps Forces Command, Lt. Col. Matt Morgan, said Marine Corps Installations East was in the process of addressing details of enforcement of the order.

In a statement, Fahy said, “In light of the recently signed MARFORCOM order, Bases and Stations throughout MCIEAST are commencing an aggressive educational campaign to make Marines and Sailors aware of the consequences of using these substances.”

Commanders will address violations of this order, Fahy said, in the same way they would address any other misconduct, and can exercise a range of options from administrative measures to judicial actions.

Those who used Spice prior to the order’s issuance, Fahy said, still were practicing illegal behavior: “While use of the enumerated substances prior to the promulgated order would not constitute a violation of the order, it would be a violation of a Secretary of the Navy Instruction from 2005 that prohibits unlawful use of natural substances with the intent to induce intoxication, excitement, or stupefaction.”

Contact Hope Hodge at 910-219-8453 or hhodge@freedomenc.com.

http://www.jdnews.com/articles/corps-72417-marine-spice.html

fs19
04-05-10, 04:37 PM
Last I heard there was no drug test for spice, and even if there was I doubt MEPS would be using it. As long as your not still smoking it, you should be fine. Especially considering that it's not illegal for a civilian. Again, best thing you can do is talk to your recruiter about it.

Sgt Jim
04-05-10, 08:59 PM
This is your brain on illegal drugs,OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.This is your brain on spice,OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,no difference.DONT.