PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bootcamp

Poolee Minick
04-04-10, 10:54 PM
At bootcamp (Parris Island) how bad is it despite the DI's :evilgrin: , I understand that there will be diffcult tasks to finish but beside all of that is it really that challanging?

P.S Whats the recycling % at bootcamp on avarage?

Thanks in advance Marines!

Ship Date: 20101018

Sgt Leprechaun
04-04-10, 11:44 PM
What do you mean by "Bad"? And, the answer to your question will be dependent on 'when' the particular Marine answering it, attended Recruit Training. Because (naturally) anyone who went before YOU (and anyone else) is going to say 'our' experience was far worse than yours (or any other Marine following after) just as you'll do (if you make it).

For example, I had smoke breaks, C-rats, Chrome Domes, M-16's, no Crucible, and a 'hands on' team of DI's. Your experience will be completely different than mine, and perhaps in some cases, more difficult physically.

It seems to me you are setting yourself up for failure, however. Instead of stressing out over what the fail rate is, and how 'bad' things *might* be, why not research how to be honorman? Or the PT requirements, and how to improve your score? Or what books you might consider studying, to improve your knowledge base?

I'm just saying...there are things you should concern yourself about. FAILURE isn't one of them, unless you are doing a socio-economic study or some such.

Poolee Minick
04-04-10, 11:58 PM
I'm talking about present Recruit Training

Sgt Leprechaun
04-05-10, 12:34 AM
I realize that. GO BACK and read paragraph 3 and the last sentence.

Tookie22
04-05-10, 10:05 AM
It's not THAT bad. It was, is, and will continue to be the hardest military training this Nation has to offer. About 10% of recruits are recycled or dropped to RSP. Worry about knowledge and PT that's all that matters. They teach you drill, instill discipline. Do not be that recruit that comes in fat or lazy. Don't be a sickbay commando either. Be loud and fast and you should be good to go. Go in as a PT stud and you most likely start off with a billet fight hard and keep it, or fight harder for guide. Then study knowledge even the tiniest details ad you can be honorgrad. Honestly don't worry about drop rates. When you get there you will see those that are weakhearted and they will begin to fall behind. Sadly no smoke breaks like back in the good Ol' Corps.

BR34
04-05-10, 10:38 AM
Boot camp isn't hard. It sucked for me because I was almost 25 and surrounded by 18 year olds, and because I missed my wife and son. Other than that boot camp was cake.

No two individuals will have the same experience. None of us can tell you how your experience will be.

echo3oscar1833
04-05-10, 12:43 PM
Boot Camp is hard if you let it be hard. There will be days when you feel like everything just sucks, and other days you will feel pretty good about what your accomplishing. However thats just part of the deal you signed up for. I don't think your question should be how hard, but instead how do I succeed? :marine:

Rocky C
04-05-10, 02:57 PM
At bootcamp (Parris Island) how bad is it despite the DI's :evilgrin: , I understand that there will be diffcult tasks to finish but beside all of that is it really that challanging?

P.S Whats the recycling % at bootcamp on avarage?

Thanks in advance Marines!

Ship Date: 20101018

Read my Blog here and then decide for yourself.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/blog.php?b=247

codeman92190
04-05-10, 03:18 PM
Why are you asking this question? If we say it's too hard, are you going to change your mind?

If that's seriously your mentality, you're doing nothing but diluting the Marine Corps' pool of dedicated recruits who joined wanting the most intense challenge they could find. And THOSE people are going to be disappointed when they find out their Drill Instructors have to hold themselves back for those who think the training may be "too hard"