PDA

View Full Version : Quick MOS question

JoeFresh
04-03-10, 12:55 PM
Hello all Marines! Im finishing trade school for automotive/diesel in june and i plan on enlisting. I would like to be in the motor pool and put to use what i already know, but im halfway in between that and infantry. Is there a way i could be placed with the infantry, be involved in combat, yet if something needs fixing im the go to guy? Haha i want both but i know thats not possible. Any advice and info would be great, thanks!

TinDragon
04-03-10, 01:23 PM
Best bet would be to go infantry and then volunteer if something needs fixing, I guess. Anything major and the actual Motor T guys will take care of it though.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-03-10, 06:56 PM
Nope. Basically either one, or the other. But look at it this way, "All Marines are basically trained Rifleman".

JoeFresh
04-03-10, 07:14 PM
Thank you for the responses! Ive heard plenty of times that every Marine is a rifleman first, but if im in the rear-rear working on vehicles, yes it is honorable and i am helping the cause and working for the safety of Marines on the line, but i also would hate to not be a part of the action. All the movies, books, shows, etc that have turned me into a Marine wannabe, none i can recall were about a Marine mechanic. Not that being in a book or a movie is my goal or reason behind wanting to enlist, cause its not, i just want to experience and walk in the footsteps of all the Marines which have inspired me so far.

And i know you say, well that sounds like you want infantry, which is correct. But everyone, including many Marines have told me: DON'T BE A GRUNT ....

I guess i have time to think about it.

Lisa 23
04-03-10, 07:15 PM
How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to :thumbup:.....also, you may want to familiarize yourself with the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums too.

And why doesn't any wannabe want to use proper punctuation marks were needed and capitalize the letter "I"?

JoeFresh
04-03-10, 08:17 PM
I just made my profile today and im doing it all on my phone so its a pain for proper punctuation, i apologize. Normally i always use proper punctuation while on a computer (im a former computer nerd, expert typer haha). It would just take me forever to do it proper. Ill have access to a computer tomorrow so ill be able to fill in my profile.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-03-10, 08:42 PM
Ah, the curse of surfing the net on a phone. Likely will be the downfall of us all sooner or later.

Lisa 23
04-03-10, 08:46 PM
Well, the way I see it, if you took the time to make a few posts from your phone, then you can take the time to fill out all of your profile.....and use proper punctuation marks where needed.