PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Enlistment Age

YoungBlood10207
04-02-10, 10:35 PM
I am 16 and I would like to join The Marines, but I was wondering if it would be intelligent to join right out of high school, which is 2 years away, or if I should spend a couple years as a civilian and then enlist. Looking for advice and/or opinions on this subject and all opinions are appreciated.

Lisa 23
04-02-10, 11:49 PM
How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions know who they are talking to :thumbup: ..... and you may want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums also.

Lisa 23
04-03-10, 12:13 AM
If you plan on going to college, then go to college and then join the Marine Corps. If you don't plan on going to college, then join. But what it comes down to is that that's a choice that only you can make, no one else can make it for you.

YoungBlood10207
04-03-10, 12:17 AM
Oh I'm sorry this is my first time using this site. I read both forums and searched most of the threads for this answer but could not find an answer i was lookin for. Thank you WMarine

YoungBlood10207
04-03-10, 12:22 AM
Well i don't plan on goin to college so that clarifies my question. Thank you for taking time to answering my question.

YoungBlood10207
04-03-10, 12:36 AM
I am still open to any all opinions/advice relating to my question.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-03-10, 01:14 AM
If you don't plan on college then just go ahead and enlist. Millions of others have done it to good effect....

Tookie22
04-05-10, 09:55 AM
If you aren't going to college don't waste time getting fat amd lazy, when the Corps can make you a great citizen to this nation. Plus you get paid with all the benefits. You can't find that in the civilian world with the economy the way it is now. You have two years to really think about it. Like Sgt said, it has benefitted those before you.