PDA

View Full Version : Contract Lance Corporal?

bballbrad22
04-01-10, 11:19 PM
Hi, Marines!

My recruiter said that our RS was in need of band members. He said if any of us poolees could bring in a band member, he would give us Lance Corporal out of boot camp. Is this for real, or is he just saying that just so we get a band member? I know you can get a contract PFC for referring 2 people, but are they allowed to give out Lcpl like that? Thanks for any feedback!

BR34
04-02-10, 05:52 AM
No.

haebyungdae
04-02-10, 06:44 AM
Yeah, don't count on it. I'm sure there is some way some one can get that or get that requested, but it would probably go from your recruiter to his next higher in the chain and get shot down. But it wouldn't hurt to get people to join because that can get you PFC or even free dress blues, if you get enough people. And who knows, maybe it's true. Sometimes the Marines will bend over backwards to get what they need, but doesn't happen too often. Maybe talk to the senior enlisted at your RSS and ask him if it is true.

DIBLO7
04-02-10, 07:18 AM
I read it as he'll hook you up with referrals after boot camp (assuming your a contract PFC) to get you to Lance.

BR34
04-02-10, 08:36 AM
I read it as he'll hook you up with referrals after boot camp (assuming your a contract PFC) to get you to Lance.

I didn't think about that. That's a possibility. But he won't graduate boot camp as a LCpl. He would have to have like 4 or 5 (?) referrals to go from Pvt to meritorious LCpl.

GSEMarine94
04-02-10, 08:51 AM
Only way I have ever heard of getting Lcpl out of boot is by being the BN honor man.

tangovictor87
04-02-10, 03:58 PM
Only way I have ever heard of getting Lcpl out of boot is by being the BN honor man.

Our company honor man were promoted to Lcpl, not too sure if a BN honor man was appointed...

GSEMarine94
04-02-10, 04:15 PM
Our company honor man were promoted to Lcpl, not too sure if a BN honor man was appointed...
Yeah I meant to say CO honorman instead of BN.