PDA

View Full Version : Meritorious Promotion

legioXvance
04-01-10, 12:31 AM
Good Evening Marines!

I would like to inquire of you the ways to which i can make lance corporal in Boot Camp. I'm going in as a PFC, and i hear a lot about recruits being promoted to PFC from private, but how would i go from PFC to Lance Corporal?

And yes i realize that i should focus on just surviving as my father reminds me to everyday, and that i'm just a nasty civilian wanna be until i earn the title haha.

Thank you in advance Marines!

if you find fault in my post, please haze me, and i will immediately begin to pt the S**T out of myself.

jackson07
04-01-10, 12:40 AM
Use the search function.

DharmaBums
04-01-10, 12:47 AM
And I'm pretty sure hazing is punishable under the UCMJ.

FattyTheFerret
04-01-10, 01:18 AM
Unless things have changed recently, only the company honorman will be getting promoted to LCpl (assuming the honorman is already a PFC, otherwise he'll just get a promotion to E2).

The honorman will be chosen among the platoon guides in the company.

dizark
04-01-10, 01:35 AM
Exactly, and with PT stats that youre displaying in your signature, don't expect to be Company Honorman. My PFT sucks so I never looked forward to such an earning. :P

You can pick up Lcpl after boot while in MCT if you're able to get 2 people to join the Marine Corps during your boot leave. (This is how I remember one Marine in MCT getting promoted.

Komenko
04-01-10, 02:13 AM
Exactly, and with PT stats that youre displaying in your signature, don't expect to be Company Honorman. My PFT sucks so I never looked forward to such an earning. :P

You can pick up Lcpl after boot while in MCT if you're able to get 2 people to join the Marine Corps during your boot leave. (This is how I remember one Marine in MCT getting promoted.

I think his PT stats are good! look at the date between them! he has improved in 4 months and the improvement shows! I see this young man running an 18 minute 3 mile run pretty soon. if he keeps up with what he has done to improve he will be good to go in boot camp running circles around his DIs!

Lisa 23
04-01-10, 08:54 AM
if you find fault in my post, please haze me, and i will immediately begin to pt the S**T out of myself.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Patriotic/MarineDIandrecruit2.jpg
Drop and give me 50 pushups for every time you didn't capitalize the letter "I" in your original post. :evilgrin:

legioXvance
04-01-10, 10:16 AM
Thank you Marines very much for the replies, and the support! And yes I know my PT stats are low right now but I'm hoping by September I can get to 35+ pull ups a 16:30 3 Mile and 150 Crunches(I love high standards haha).

Company Honor Man, that would indeed be incredibly difficult to achieve.

And WMarine I will start on the 300 push ups immediately! If I missed more than 6 I's, please let me know and I will double the push ups.

Thank you again Marines for the help and support!

Lisa 23
04-01-10, 10:35 AM
Good Evening Marines!

I would like to inquire of you the ways to which i can make lance corporal in Boot Camp. I'm going in as a PFC, and i hear a lot about recruits being promoted to PFC from private, but how would i go from PFC to Lance Corporal?

And yes i realize that i should focus on just surviving as my father reminds me to everyday, and that i'm just a nasty civilian wanna be until i earn the title haha.

I counted 9...lol....and I'll really be nit picky, but cut you a break because you didn't capitalize Lance Corporal in your first sentence or Private in your second sentence.

And no need for anyone to jump all over me for being nit picky, I'm just joking with the young man here with Lance Corporal and Private. :D

legioXvance
04-01-10, 01:20 PM
Ahhhh, I can't even count! So nine equals 450, times 2 equals 900 push ups.......I just need to stop talking haha.

Rocky C
04-01-10, 01:26 PM
Ahhhh, I can't even count! So nine equals 450, times 2 equals 900 push ups.......I just need to stop talking haha.

HAHAHAHA!!!

That was Great :thumbup::D

Lisa 23
04-01-10, 04:56 PM

:evilgrin: Are you done yet....lol! :D

Oh, and I forgot to mention....those are 4 count pushups too. :D

legioXvance
04-01-10, 05:23 PM
This was supposed to be my relaxing day....lol.

And no Ma'am. I'm only on 600, which means I now have 1200 left to go....

Lisa 23
04-01-10, 05:27 PM
This was supposed to be my relaxing day....lol.

And no Ma'am. I'm only on 600, which means I now have 1200 left to go....

LOL....you're done there young man. :thumbup:
Go enjoy the rest of your day. :)

legioXvance
04-01-10, 05:54 PM
Thank God for your Mercy!

*closes laptop with head because arms are swollen and dead*

Lisa 23
04-01-10, 06:07 PM
I think you need a nice long hot shower about now....lol! I would tell you to have a beer also, but you're not old enough. Oh well, I'll just have to have one for you! :beer:

polizei
04-01-10, 06:08 PM
The happiest time in boot camp is not what you think. Instead, it is when the SDI comes out of his hut and yells "Drill Instructors go away." Omg I don't think I've felt that much relief in my life...

SGT7477
04-01-10, 08:27 PM
Good Evening Marines!

if you find fault in my post, please haze me, and i will immediately begin to pt the S**T out of myself. Just don't say I in bootcamp.:D

legioXvance
04-01-10, 08:34 PM
This Recruit completely agrees with you haha