PDA

View Full Version : On Diversion, can I still join?

Nelson777
03-29-10, 05:30 PM
I was placed on diversion over the summer because i took a soda out of a open soda machine. I paid my fine off, which was only 12 dollars, and did my community service, which was 20 hours. I have it all turned in, but I cannot get in trouble until I'm 19.

Can i still go into boot camp while on diversion. I did everything i was supposed to i just cannot get in trouble. Is diversion like probation? Like, do i have to wait till its all over and done with until i can go in, or what?

I will be graduating in 3 months, and I really want to enlist. My recruiter gave me all the paper work to fill out and what not, but he said he didnt know much about diversion so he would have to look into it.

Can anybody shed a little bit of light on me of what im looking forward to? will i have to wait till im 19 to fully enlist?

Lisa 23
03-29-10, 05:35 PM
Now how about taking the time to fill our all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to. :thumbup: You may also want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums to.

Nelson777
03-29-10, 05:42 PM
I filled out my profile, and I read the rules.

Sorry, I'm new here. Obviously.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-29-10, 06:09 PM
No, if you are on probation, diversion, parole, etc etc you can't enlist. Still, the recruiter will work with you I'm sure, just complete the paperwork he told you to. Then go from there.