PDA

View Full Version : I want to be a Marine

memphis11
03-25-10, 08:02 PM
All I ever wanted to do was be a Marine.
I want to because of the tradition that is within the branch, the pride, and because I want the brotherhood.

I have a few obsticales though. I only have a GED. I dropped out of school because I had to take care of my brother and sister and my mom wasn't responsible enough to. Anyways, I'm very intelligent ( atleast i think I am.) I'm no slacker or anything, but I hear I need 15 college credits. As far as money goes, I don't have it and I don't even know what classes i need to take that the Marines will accept as a credential. I know the financial aid idea might work but I don't know if I'll get accepted or not.

I wana know if I can go to the recruiters office and score a high asvab score just to prove i'm smart enough for the Marines. Or will they just turn me away until I get the nessesary credentials?

Thank you Marines!!:flag:

Phantom Blooper
03-25-10, 08:38 PM
I wana know if I can go to the recruiters office and score a high asvab score just to prove i'm smart enough for the Marines. Or will they just turn me away until I get the nessesary credentials?

No....you have to follow the process like all GED applicants.

You maybe able to get financial aid at the college tuition office based on need or a PELL grant.

The recruiter should be able to explain this in more depth..

In the meantime do a search on this site as there are many answers to your question in the Ask A Marine and Poolee Forum.:evilgrin:

memphis11
03-25-10, 08:40 PM
I understand. I'm wasn't aware of how financial aid works, sooo...

Thanks Marine!

xbh
03-27-10, 06:27 PM
You need 15 college credits...that is not that much. Community College is relatively inexpensive.