PDA

View Full Version : Camp Lejuene!

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 06:18 PM
Ok we just found out our PDS will be Camp Lejuene! I'm very excited!! I was wondering if anyone can give me helpful advice? My husband said i can look for off base housing or on base while he takes care of other things. In NC, which is best? Do you have any recommendations? can you tell me how long the wait would be up there for a PFC, married, with a baby?
Anything you can tell me about living on or off base would be greatly appreciated!! thank you so much!!

Lisa 23
03-18-10, 06:22 PM
Not to be nit picky here or come across like a smart a$$, but you already have a thread on Camp Lejeune, 29 Palms, and Camp Pendelton on what it's like to be at one of these bases.
Don't you think you could've asked this question in that thread?

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 06:23 PM
Can i delete this one?

TinDragon
03-18-10, 06:25 PM
You can find 2 bedroom apartments for around $700 according to a couple websites I've looked at recently.

Lisa 23
03-18-10, 06:26 PM
No, you can't. You'll have to PM one of the mods...thedrifter, jinelson or Sgt Leprechaun... and ask one of them to delete it for you.

AAV Crewchief
03-18-10, 06:55 PM
Ok we just found out our PDS will be Camp Lejuene! I'm very excited!! I was wondering if anyone can give me helpful advice? My husband said i can look for off base housing or on base while he takes care of other things. In NC, which is best? Do you have any recommendations? can you tell me how long the wait would be up there for a PFC, married, with a baby?
Anything you can tell me about living on or off base would be greatly appreciated!! thank you so much!!

Topsail Beach.

AAV Crewchief
03-18-10, 06:56 PM
Not to be nit picky here or come across like a smart a$$, but you already have a thread on Camp Lejeune, 29 Palms, and Camp Pendelton on what it's like to be at one of these bases.
Don't you think you could've asked this question in that thread?

She isn't military, step off.

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 06:58 PM
thanks...i'm used to bigger forums i didnt realize there was a post limit/anything like that.
topsail beach-is that an apartment complex?

AAV Crewchief
03-18-10, 06:58 PM
All of NC is a great state away from the confines of CLNC. Make your home a respite from the daily grind of CLNC and you will 1) have a happy husband and 2) a Marine refreshed and ready to give it his all each and every day.

Good luck to you young'uns!!!!:):):)

AAV Crewchief
03-18-10, 06:59 PM
thanks...i'm used to bigger forums i didnt realize there was a post limit/anything like that.
topsail beach-is that an apartment complex?

Topsail beach is south of the back gate at Sneads Ferry....beach community. Lots of Marines live down that way. Stay out of Jax and the town area where people congregate most. Make friends with people who are from the community, find a church to go to ( if that is how you roll), and enjoy being married.

temarti
03-18-10, 07:00 PM

Agree, this thread is easier as it answers where they are going in a direct manner.

You guys will enjoy LeJeune as a first duty station.

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 07:00 PM
All of NC is a great state away from the confines of CLNC. Make your home a respite from the daily grind of CLNC and you will 1) have a happy husband and 2) a Marine refreshed and ready to give it his all each and every day.

Good luck to you young'uns!!!!:)
thank you so much :) i'm very excited to move there. i'm used to living in a small town so i think it will be easy enough to adjust.

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 07:01 PM
Topsail beach is south of the back gate at Sneads Ferry....beach community. Lots of Marines live down that way.
can you give me a website or phone number that i can call to get information on living there? i would appreciate it very much! :-)

Lisa 23
03-18-10, 07:01 PM
There's no post limit.
I was just merely giving an opinion, that's all.

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 07:02 PM
Agree, this thread is easier as it answers where they are going in a direct manner.

You guys will enjoy LeJeune as a first duty station.

thank you, i hope so!

AAV Crewchief
03-18-10, 07:03 PM
Jacksonville is much like a small town...it won't be hard to adjust at all. Try to get in with a group of couples such as yourself. Sorry, but I haven't lived there in quite awhile. Maybe just "google" it up and see what you can find out.

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 07:04 PM
Jacksonville is much like a small town...it won't be hard to adjust at all. Try to get in with a group of couples such as yourself. Sorry, but I haven't lived there in quite awhile. Maybe just "google" it up and see what you can find out.
yeah thats what i've been doing lol. i was just trying to get personal recommendations as well. thanks again!

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 07:05 PM
You can find 2 bedroom apartments for around $700 according to a couple websites I've looked at recently.
can you give me links to the websites? thank you!

Lisa 23
03-18-10, 07:16 PM
Have you checked out these sites for Camp Lejeune yet...Marine Corps Community Services?
http://www.mccslejeune.com/

Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune
http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/

Good luck to you both!

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 07:18 PM
Have you checked out these sites for Camp Lejeune yet...Marine Corps Community Services?
http://www.mccslejeune.com/

Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune
http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/

Good luck to you both!

thank you, I will check them now! :-)

temarti
03-18-10, 07:23 PM
Jacksonville has really grown in the last decade to meet the needs of the base, last year a second WM Super center opened and you also have all the other retailers that you may be use to. It should not be that hard to find some type of work to keep you busy as well.

Here are a few sites:
http://www.jdnews.com/

http://onslow.craigslist.org/apa/

It is Onslow County, so you can google that or Jacksonville, NC for rental listing

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 07:26 PM
Jacksonville has really grown in the last decade to meet the needs of the base, last year a second WM Super center opened and you also have all the other retailers that you may be use to. It should not be that hard to find some type of work to keep you busy as well.

Here are a few sites:
http://www.jdnews.com/

http://onslow.craigslist.org/apa/

It is Onslow County, so you can google that or Jacksonville, NC for rental listing
thank you all so much for the website links. i'm looking at all of them

Quinbo
03-18-10, 08:55 PM
Base housing has an inverted priority system ie if you are a private with dependants the wait for a house on base is much shorter than say a sergeant with dependants. The sooner you or him can get your name on the list the better.

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 08:58 PM
Base housing has an inverted priority system ie if you are a private with dependants the wait for a house on base is much shorter than say a sergeant with dependants. The sooner you or him can get your name on the list the better.

I was google searching and i found some website that said the wait list for a e-1 with dependants was 6-10 months but that seems inaccurate. Is there a way to check and see how long the wait would be?

bucksgted
03-18-10, 09:09 PM
I know a young couple that waited over a year for base housing. Their house was finished (brand, spanking new) last month while her husband was in Afghanistan. She left TN 2 weeks ago to move in just so she wouldn't go to the bottowm of the list again. She tells me the wait was worth it. She loves her new digs. Good news for her is her brother in law is still stationed there and he and his Marine buds helped her move in. Her hubby should be home in approx 6 weeks.

Enjoy your life in NC and make the most of it. Like Crew Chief said, get active in the community and find yourself a church to attend. You'll see that it will make all the difference in the world.

My wife and I will be at CLNC for 2/2s homecoming!!

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 09:11 PM
I know a young couple that waited over a year for base housing. Their house was finished (brand, spanking new) last month while her husband was in Afghanistan. She left TN 2 weeks ago to move in just so she wouldn't go to the bottowm of the list again. She tells me the wait was worth it. She loves her new digs. Good news for her is her brother in law is still stationed there and he and his Marine buds helped her move in. Her hubby should be home in approx 6 weeks.

Enjoy your life in NC and make the most of it. Like Crew Chief said, get active in the community and find yourself a church to attend. You'll see that it will make all the difference in the world.

My wife and I will be at CLNC for 2/2s homecoming!!

Where did she live while waiting for the housing? i want to move with my husband as soon as possible.
And yes i will find a church to attend. thats a very important part of my life here and i want my little girl to grow up in sunday school.

bucksgted
03-18-10, 09:32 PM
Where did she live while waiting for the housing? i want to move with my husband as soon as possible.
And yes i will find a church to attend. thats a very important part of my life here and i want my little girl to grow up in sunday school.

Before his second deployment they lived in a trailer not tooooo far from the back gate. When he deployed last October, she came back to her mother's in TN until she got word that her house was ready. She and their daughter will be there when he gets home. He was going to reenlist, but the MOS he wanted is closed, so he's getting out next January.

Your Marine is fortunate to have you as a supportive wife. I too had a lot of support from my wife. It certainly makes it easier to put up with lots of stuff that we had no control over. We still laugh about things we used to do in Opa Locka (Miami) and El Toro (southern Calif.).

WifeInL0v3
03-18-10, 09:35 PM
Before his second deployment they lived in a trailer not tooooo far from the back gate. When he deployed last October, she came back to her mother's in TN until she got word that her house was ready. She and their daughter will be there when he gets home. He was going to reenlist, but the MOS he wanted is closed, so he's getting out next January.

Your Marine is fortunate to have you as a supportive wife. I too had a lot of support from my wife. It certainly makes it easier to put up with lots of stuff that we had no control over. We still laugh about things we used to do in Opa Locka (Miami) and El Toro (southern Calif.).

I'm looking at apartments and things like that right now, so maybe we will get on the list for base housing as well.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm definitely 1000% supportive of my husband and i feel bad for people who go in with no support.