PDA

View Full Version : Question about my MOS Presidential Guard ?

Oohrah Devildog
03-03-10, 02:41 PM
Hello and good afternoon. My question is regarding the mos 0311 or 03?? i have qualified for infantry presidential guard or marine security forces. i was told only that i would be stationed in Washington and that i would do armed security. what else does this job entail ? I was also told that it is a great privilege to even be accepted into this job ? is this true ? Thank you for your time Marines

BR34
03-03-10, 02:45 PM
You actually haven't been accepted yet. You're going to be screened again at boot camp, and it is VERY difficult to get this gig.

I went to boot camp with one guy with the Presidential Sec MOS. He had a spotless record and a BA degree. He didn't make it cause he was too short. There was another kid in my plt that didn't make it because he studdered.

They are VERY selective. Make sure you keep your nose clean, excel at everything you do, have not even a pending traffic ticket, and have excellent credit with little debt. And hopefully you blend in with the rest of society (in other words, you aren't a studdering midget).

sully0331
03-03-10, 02:45 PM
Bootcamp
SOI (you will be given 0311, 31, 41, 51, or 52)
Go to Quantico for training.
After Quantico you will be given a unit...no Marine I have ever met knew where he was going to be stationed or if out of that group you would be presidential detail you are told that when you graduate not before your a Marine. And yes, its pretty cool im a basic grunt but some of my boys are S.F. there on a ship in Japan for piracy pretty cool **** and been to cuba...after 2 years you hit the fleet S.F. isnt for life.

BR34
03-03-10, 02:47 PM
Wait, are we talking about Presidential Security or Security Forces?

sully0331
03-03-10, 02:51 PM
Its the same process...I forget when during SOI they screen all of you security force guys I believe two or three times its been a while BR34 nailed its a complicated process no Marine Corps MOS is a sure thing until you have shaken your CO's hand at the graduation. You train to be a grunt first so that if you are not selected you have the training to go right into the fleet upon your 2 years in security forces...my boys from SOI are in FAST compay cool ****

BR34
03-03-10, 02:59 PM
My understanding is Security Forces are the Marines guarding nuclear installations, doing FAST stuff, etc. And Presidential Security Marines are the men you see standing guard at the White House and guarding Marine 1.

sully0331
03-03-10, 03:01 PM
Yes, Im saying you are not guarenteed that job. I am trying to tell this young boy that if he doesnt get Presidential there is still other **** hot options for him when he is forced to go security forces. FYI big guy DRESS BLUES all day long and having bootcamp standing regulations when your "fleet" no thanks ill take the field anyday!

BR34
03-03-10, 03:04 PM
Yes, Im saying you are not guarenteed that job. I am trying to tell this young boy that if he doesnt get Presidential there is still other **** hot options for him when he is forced to go security forces. FYI big guy DRESS BLUES all day long and having bootcamp standing regulations when your "fleet" no thanks ill take the field anyday!

Yea, no kidding. Imagine the Marines that had to stand out at the White House during that storm last month when they got like 30 inches of snow. Helllll no!!! I'd much rather be running through shoot houses in Italy with FAST...or even peeling potatoes at P.I.'s 4th bt chow hall.

Oohrah Devildog
03-03-10, 03:16 PM
yes thank you for your time and information it helped a lot. with all this being said either way Im being trained as infantry and of the 4 years only 2 of them would be either presidential guard or security forces correct ? As the other 2 would be with my fleet in infantry battalion ? Im currently 6 foot 4 about 180 lbs very athletic and in very good shape. Is there any suggestions as what to do before i leave for bootcamp on May 10, 2010 ?

Hanzo
03-03-10, 03:39 PM
I was preselected when I went in and did not make it. Why? I had a $5 parking ticket while on campus in college 3 years prior. Yes, they are THAT picky. Like BR34 said, keep your nose clean.

FattyTheFerret
03-03-10, 03:40 PM
yes thank you for your time and information it helped a lot. with all this being said either way Im being trained as infantry and of the 4 years only 2 of them would be either presidential guard or security forces correct ? As the other 2 would be with my fleet in infantry battalion ? Im currently 6 foot 4 about 180 lbs very athletic and in very good shape. Is there any suggestions as what to do before i leave for bootcamp on May 10, 2010 ?

Keep up the PT, start working on learning your general orders and make sure all of your personal matters are in order before you leave. Read some books.

Oohrah Devildog
03-03-10, 03:50 PM
thank you. With the special forces are there different areas of study? I want excitement and craziness not to just stand around freezing lol. I'm a very active person and don't want to become a " BORED MARINE " I want to enjoy this time not waste it doing something boring as i can do that now working a dead end job as a civilian ? after my time on if I don't decide to stay I would like to do some type of SWAT or spec ops are there certain areas in the marines other then security forces in which will help me with that ?

SlingerDun
03-03-10, 03:55 PM
Yea, no kidding. Imagine the Marines that had to stand out at the White House during that storm last month when they got like 30 inches of snow. Helllll no!!!Como? Is this the same BR who plans on spearheading the "Mark Twain Corps of Discovery" spring 2010 Expedition?!

--->http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

BR34
03-03-10, 03:56 PM
It's not special forces it's security forces. You will most likely be standing guard at a Navy base. From there there is additional training you can do to get with units like FAST.

Lisa 23
03-03-10, 03:56 PM
I can't help you with your questions, but when using the word Marines, it will be capitalized at all times.

BR34
03-03-10, 03:57 PM
Como? Is this the same BR who plans on spearheading the "Mark Twain Corps of Discovery Spring 2010 Expedition"?!

--->http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

LOL, take note even though all my gear is in order I'm waiting till warmer weather to do this. I took some leave for the end of the month.

Man I'm from Louisiana. I don't do cold weather.

Oohrah Devildog
03-03-10, 04:08 PM
It's not special forces it's security forces. You will most likely be standing guard at a Navy base. From there there is additional training you can do to get with units like FAST.

FAST seems like an awesome way to go thank you for your time and knowledge