PDA

View Full Version : new to marine life also

fastgirl07
02-03-10, 04:07 PM
Hey ladies! Okay, so im not a marine wife but a marine girlfriend so, I hope its okay I am here.. I'm familiar with some things with the corps like weapons and such. But, just not the ends and outs of it all. My db will be leaving soon for his well our first deployment. His buddy's wife told me about this site so i thought it would be a good source for alot of things and maybe make some new friends as well.. I couldnt find another marine spouse support site and my friend said to just try it out.. so i hope its okay i am here.. thank you soo much ladies

Wheels123
02-03-10, 04:11 PM
The "M" in Marine is ALWAYS capitalized. So make sure you keep that in mind at all times.

fastgirl07
02-03-10, 04:12 PM
okay thank you so much.. see told you i was new at this MARINE thing lol

Troutzilla
02-03-10, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the family.....

Semper Fi

:flag:

fastgirl07
02-03-10, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the family.....

Semper Fi

:flag:
thank you soo much its an honor to be part of the family

MarineGF
02-03-10, 05:49 PM
Hi fastgirl! I'm a Marine girlfriend also, message me if you wanna chat!

Rocky C
02-03-10, 05:51 PM
thank you soo much its an honor to be part of the family

:usmc::thumbup::usmc:

fastgirl07
02-03-10, 05:56 PM
Hi fastgirl! I'm a Marine girlfriend also, message me if you wanna chat!

thank you soo much id love to.. maybe we can chat

Lisa 23
02-03-10, 06:07 PM
Since you're not married to a Marine, you shouldn't have registered as a Marine Spouse. You should've registered as a Marine Friend.
Enjoy your time here on the site. :thumbup:

fastgirl07
02-03-10, 06:09 PM
Since you're not married to a Marine, you shouldn't have registered as a Marine Spouse. You should've registered as a Marine Friend.
Enjoy your time here on the site. :thumbup:
sorry i wasnt sure.. i hope its not a big deal:(

Lisa 23
02-03-10, 06:11 PM
Get in-touch with one of the mods...jinelson or thedrifter....and have them change your status from Marine Spouse to Marine Friend.

Sergeant M
02-03-10, 06:51 PM
I'm currently Active Duty, been in for over 4 years. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

fastgirl07
02-03-10, 06:51 PM
I'm currently Active Duty, been in for over 4 years. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

thank you so much

Sergeant M
02-03-10, 06:55 PM
For my informational services however, I do expect to be compensated with either food or beer or both. :beer:

fastgirl07
02-03-10, 06:58 PM
For my informational services however, I do expect to be compensated with either food or beer or both. :beer:
haha i can do that as well no worries.. what kind of beer?

SgtPatricksWife
02-09-10, 12:58 AM
hey there hun! =) I have a few sit suggestions for you!
my fav is militarysos.com there is also milspouse.com which has a magazine! dogtagsanddiamonds.com and http://militarysweetpeas.net/index/ <--- is a site of my really good friend, and all the girls are super sweet! we do a lot of military wives/gf/ and such meet ups all throught the us.

Good luck!! and welcome !

fastgirl07
02-11-10, 06:17 PM
hey there hun! =) I have a few sit suggestions for you!
my fav is militarysos.com there is also milspouse.com which has a magazine! dogtagsanddiamonds.com and http://militarysweetpeas.net/index/ <--- is a site of my really good friend, and all the girls are super sweet! we do a lot of military wives/gf/ and such meet ups all throught the us.

Good luck!! and welcome !

oh thank you soo much ill def have to check them out

Apache
02-11-10, 06:21 PM
Welcome Aboard Sister

fastgirl07
02-11-10, 06:31 PM
Welcome Aboard Sister

why thank you

USMCsgtwife
03-05-10, 08:52 PM
hey there hun! There are a ton of Marine Spouse/Gf websites!

MilitarySos.com
Militarysweetpeas.com
Milspouse.com

Those are a few of my fav!

If you need anything lettme know! =)

Best of luck!

<3
Crystal

fastgirl07
03-18-10, 03:28 AM
hey there hun! There are a ton of Marine Spouse/Gf websites!

MilitarySos.com
Militarysweetpeas.com
Milspouse.com

Those are a few of my fav!

If you need anything lettme know! =)

Best of luck!

<3
Crystal
thanks bunches ya im on the millitarysos.com and i am also a member of militarysilentranks.org as well and i love it there.. i tried making a sweetpea account but been having troubles

Krisanne89
04-21-10, 05:40 PM
Hey ladies! Okay, so im not a marine wife but a marine girlfriend so, I hope its okay I am here.. I'm familiar with some things with the corps like weapons and such. But, just not the ends and outs of it all. My db will be leaving soon for his well our first deployment. His buddy's wife told me about this site so i thought it would be a good source for alot of things and maybe make some new friends as well.. I couldnt find another marine spouse support site and my friend said to just try it out.. so i hope its okay i am here.. thank you soo much ladies

Hi there, Im a Marine girlfriend too. Mine has been in Afghanistan for a month now, so far I've got two letters and a missed phone call. Was so mad about missing that call. But that means he's okay. How long has your's been in the Core for?

sscjoe
04-21-10, 07:57 PM
Nice to hear that all the young-uns are supporting your Marines. My best Marine bud married his girl friend in 1979( stood at his wedding in Vegas). I EAS'd and he was a career Marine and we lost touch for over 30yrs. We reconnected and they are still married and have 5 kids. You are a lifeline and something they hold on to. Marine wives, and girlfriends, are the backbone of the Marine Corps

ringoffire
04-22-10, 02:06 PM
Hey...Welcome fastgirl

Been a Marine Wife for almost 17yrs, be happy to answer any questions

Thanks for posting those websites, I'll have to check them out.

Mother of 4
06-11-10, 03:02 PM
Hi fastgirl! Well i know where u coming from, not really knowing much about the Marine Corps! I been married for almost 6 ys now and my husband has been in for 8 yrs and i still not really familiar with everything but do know enough to get by, so if there is anything that i could help u with just let me know..

Mother of 4

Dwtwife2308
07-14-10, 08:09 AM
Hi everybody I'm Cassie its short for Cassandra I'm a Marine wife. Been married to my Marine for three years now and we are about to do our very frist BIG pcs move together and I am so neverous because I have never been outside of NC or Va let alone the the country and we about to head to Japan.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-14-10, 06:26 PM
You'll love it. Mainside or Oki?

Isrowei
07-14-10, 06:42 PM
I suppose if this is the thread to promote spouse and girlfriend sites, you should check out Corpswives.com. My wife uses it quite a bit as well as the Operation Homefront forums, but I'm not sure what the URL for that is.

KaliAlicia
08-04-10, 11:49 PM
Hey there =) I'm also brand new to this. A really good friend of mine has been in the Marines for about a year now so I thought I knew what to expect. However, my boyfriend is leaving in a few weeks, it's a hard pill to swallow, and none of my friends know what I'm going through. I'm glad my boyfriend showed me this site =)

Tennessee Top
02-12-11, 11:53 PM
Good luck to all you USMC wives...I have total respect for you. I know we Marines put you through hell. Most can't or won't stay married to a Marine (mine didn't).

There is another website www.recruitparents.com (http://www.recruitparents.com) that has a section for spouses and girlfriends and your Marine does not have to be a recruit. They are very supportive on that site and there are lots of resources. It has been recognized by the president and the founder has appeared on the Oprah show. Hope it can be of assistance to someone.

You may not hear it frequently enough (if at all) but know you are an integral part of the Marine Corps and we appreciate everything you do and all the sacrafices you make.

sparkie
02-13-11, 12:15 AM
Welcome Aboard, little girl. Anytime we can be of assistance,,,,,,, Ask away. Don't sweat the small minds. many are here to help.

hizsweetheart
08-30-11, 11:49 AM
Hello there! I am new this site and new to the military life. (sort of) My father was in the airforce but I was to young to remember anything. I have so many questions...so many questions. I currently reside in GA but we ( my wonderful husband to be)will be moving just not sure where yet. Hawaii, NC, PA, and NY are some of the options. I've moved around a lot growing up but not sure about these bases...any comments?

Tennessee Top
08-30-11, 01:05 PM
We don't have bases in NY or PA. Our major bases (with the exception of 29 Palms in the desert and Okinawa in Japan) are located on the east and west coasts).

Camp LeJeune, NC is a nice base for families and of course, HI would be nice but terribly expensive.

You can find out more about USMC bases on:

www.marinefamilynetwork.com (http://www.marinefamilynetwork.com)

or

www.marineparents.com (http://www.marineparents.com)

Parris Island (recruit depot) has it's own website so maybe the other bases do too.

Apache
08-30-11, 03:16 PM
Welcome aboard
Anything we can help with feel free to let us know

hizsweetheart
08-30-11, 04:07 PM
thanks, I believe the duty stations are reserve?? I am very very new to the marine life, I find myself trying to compare it to what I know in the civilian world. We are getting married next spring and I was trying to find out some thing about bases...Im not sure what he will pick though. Im excited either way!

Sgt Leprechaun
08-30-11, 04:34 PM
OK...first, if you aren't married yet, you can't register as a 'spouse'. I've made that correction so you didn't have to.

Next, please flesh out your profile, so we know who we are talking to. Part of our site rules.

Welcome aboard. Please feel free to ask questions!

hizsweetheart
08-31-11, 01:46 AM
When you say "flesh" out what do you mean? What exactly needs to be posted on my profile?

doc h fmf
08-31-11, 06:21 PM
we would like to know your name and your marines name,i dont want to just say hey you we would like to say hi joan , lisa whatever. so its more personal,welcome aboard

stephen doc hansen hm3 fmf

Sgt Leprechaun
09-02-11, 05:16 PM
And there you have it.

Deleted until that happens.