PDA

View Full Version : Question about 0321

Mervau
01-31-10, 06:43 PM
Hi,
I'm new here, but I read somewhere that you can get a contract into recon...Is that true? I know you probably see a lot of poolees who want to be recon, and all that jazz, and I must admit, I'm one of them...but yeah, was just wondering if you can contract into recon. Thanks.

CastNoShadow
01-31-10, 08:56 PM
You CAN get a Recon contract for 0321 Reconnaissance Man, but of course this will only get you the chance to try out Basic Reconnaissance Course training after SOI as long as you have met some other requirements. If you fail BRC, you will likely be put someplace in the Infantry. I believe the Reconnaissance Man enlistment option has changed from UZ to VZ as of late last year.

CastNoShadow
01-31-10, 09:00 PM
Also, you will need to complete your profile before most people here will take your inquires seriously.

Mervau
01-31-10, 09:10 PM
My apologies, I wasn't aware my profile was taken as seriously.

Borknagar
02-01-10, 02:31 AM
Yeah, if they are available (contracts), they only promise you a shot at Recon Indoc... with a high washout rate, you will most likely end up as a regular 03xx, in which case I'd first start out as a 03xx and later on try out for Recon/MarSoc. ;)
I think they call those VZ, and not that I was interested, but when I asked about them, my recruiter said that they don't really give them out or something along those lines... :D As in, too many people want it and IN.. :D

MarinesFTW
02-03-10, 09:46 PM
UZ is recon and UH is normal 03XX if any Marines reading this know I'm wrong please pm me and let me know dont wanna give false info but im preaty sure thats correct.

CastNoShadow
02-04-10, 07:59 AM
UZ is recon and UH is normal 03XX if any Marines reading this know I'm wrong please pm me and let me know dont wanna give false info but im preaty sure thats correct.

Recon has changed from UZ to VZ and is now a 5 year commitment instead of 4. The only reason I know this is that I just got my contract confirmed as of yesterday.

Borknagar
02-04-10, 02:42 PM
There ya go... :D I am not gunning for Recon, so I don"t have all the info, but don"t they offer a bonus nowadays for completing BRC or something like that?

CastNoShadow
02-04-10, 02:48 PM
That is true. I was told they are offering $7,500 for completing BRC. I think they used to offer $10,000.

Borknagar
02-04-10, 03:30 PM
Better something than nothing! ;)

Even though it shouldn't be about the money... :D

NCimmarrusti
02-04-10, 03:46 PM
Recon has changed from UZ to VZ and is now a 5 year commitment instead of 4. The only reason I know this is that I just got my contract confirmed as of yesterday.

I'm pretty sure they don't guarantee that kind of thing, you have to make it through the course first.

CastNoShadow
02-04-10, 03:56 PM
I said nothing about a guarantee into Recon. It only gets you a chance to try out (which was stated in an earlier post).

Borknagar
02-04-10, 04:08 PM
They guarantee you that it is a 5 year commitment....

CastNoShadow
02-04-10, 04:25 PM
You speak the truth Borknagar.

VincereEstTotum
02-12-10, 09:15 AM
I'm new to this site. I have used it often to get info. I'm on a 0321 contract and I'll tell you what I know. I am not a Marine, I'm a poolee, my ship date is April 21th, 2010.

0321 is a 5 year contract.
There is a $7,500 bonus avaliable.
the contract gets you a spot in schools. You have to get a 285 PFT score in boot camp and complete SOI to fulfill the contract and get sent to the school. You have to pass the basic recon schools to get the bonus.
you are actually signing a 03xx contract. So if you fail out of recon school. You will most probably get sent to a Infantry unit. I have friends who failed out and got sent to Security Force units instead of a basic infantry unit but I wouldn't count on that happening. Seeing as you signed a 03xx contract and they sent you to ITB at SOI I can't see them sending you anywhere but a infanty unit. I was told that after recon school you get sent to your unit and from there can go to other schools such as SERE and jump schools.

Tonking0321
02-13-10, 02:10 PM
I'm actually signed up for 0321 in my contract. Of course you have to pass the BRC to get the bonus and obtain the MOS. If you fail to pass it, you get recycled back to 0300 infantry man.

Also depends on your ASVAB and PFT scores if you are eligible or not
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">