PDA

View Full Version : 20 Years later My Son Is A Marine

wdh1371
01-13-10, 11:20 PM
:usmc: As I write this in 2 hours from now my son begins the crucible.
It all seems like yesterday I was in his shoes and it was 20 years ago on Jan 2 1990 I arrived at P. I. and here in 8 days my son will graduate P.I.
We were both in 2nd batallion. He was actually born at Beaufort Naval Hospital across the bay 19 years ago. I guess you always go back to your roots eventually.

It will be his day of becoming a marine but it be like a homecoming to me.
He has told me since he was about 5 he wanted to be a marine and now his dream is becoming a reality. He has chosen a m.o.s. of 03xx/security forces.

I sit back every day and think about what he is doing and what he is going through and puts a lump in my throte. I tell him in every letter how proud I am of him. I know deep down that he is being trained by the best but I still worry every day about what he is getting himself into with all the stuff going on around the world, but he has told me he will do what is asked of him and will be ready to fight or die for his country just like I was. You just don't here talk like that from kids of this generation. It makes me proud ( as a Marine)but also scares the hell out of me ( as a dad).

Well Ive rambled enough, just had some thoughts on my mind and wanted to share them.

:flag: SEMPER FI !!!!

jinelson
01-13-10, 11:33 PM
Semper Fi Dad I feel your pride and it feels good.

Jim

echo3oscar1833
01-14-10, 08:26 AM
Congrats to you and your son, Semper Fi!!!:beer::marine:

Rocky C
01-14-10, 09:01 AM
Thanks for sharing your feelings with us Bill.
You are One Proud Dad and Marine!!!

Semper Fi Bill,
Rocky

Captain Kirk
01-14-10, 10:48 AM
That is great Bill, Congratulations!

GSEMarine94
01-14-10, 01:29 PM
Congrats Marine, sounds like you have raised a great son.

Apache
01-14-10, 03:53 PM
Congradulations to two Marines ! (I'm sure your son will graduate)
Semper Fi

foxman
01-14-10, 04:10 PM
Semper Fi Bill, I know how Proud you are, I've been there. You think you were Proud when you Marched across The Parade Deck 20 years ago---Just wait until you see Your Son as he follows in your footsteps. I Graduated in 65 and in 86 I watched My Son . The Feeling just can't be expressed. My GrandSon says he's going in when he finishes High School. I can't imagine what it will feel like if The Lord lets me live to be there for that. SEMPER FI, Brother and tell your son an Ole Khe Sahn Marine says, "Givem Hell Devil Dog

wdh1371
01-14-10, 08:33 PM
Thanks to all for your support devil dogs.
Hey foxman even if your not livin by the time your grandson walks across that parade deck iI know youll still be there watchin over him !

Because ole Marines never die they just go to hell and regroup. OOH RAW! :evilgrin:

SGT7477
01-14-10, 09:24 PM
Congrats to you and your son, Semper Fidelis.

MontezumaCpl
01-14-10, 09:59 PM
Congrats Papa! You have a very special son and those special memories will never fade.

Semper Fi to you both! Thanks to both of you for your service! I don't have any kids, but these are the posts I love to read!

ps post us a picture please when you see him next!

/salute

wdh1371
01-15-10, 06:16 AM
Congrats Papa! You have a very special son and those special memories will never fade.

Semper Fi to you both! Thanks to both of you for your service! I don't have any kids, but these are the posts I love to read!

ps post us a picture please when you see him next!

/salute

I definetly will !

wdh1371
01-26-10, 03:21 PM
Well he has become a MARINE and has joined a brotherhood like no other.
It was a special day for me to see this take place and it brought back a lot of memories good and bad of course.:evilgrin:

buggoffextco
02-02-10, 11:14 AM
Job well WDH! Semper Fi and a hearty oohrah and welcome to the brotherhood for your Marine

williamsmith
03-29-10, 12:21 AM
Thanks to all for your support devil dogs.
Hey foxman even if your not livin by the time your grandson walks across that parade deck iI know youll still be there watchin over him !

dROD20
03-29-10, 12:44 AM
Thats awesomeee!